Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder v Fury - Deal almost done for December

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Tyson Fury is making a big mistake, he won't be ready for Wilder in November

Fury needs to first fight several decent journeymen to get back into his best fighting shape before going in with Wilder or Joshua!

After his massive weight gain, depression and long period of inactivity, he shouldn't fight someone like Wilder until at least the summer of 2019, especially not in Las Vegas with it's dodgy referees and judges.

I realize Wilder is far from invincible. If Fury waits until he's back into his top form, he's sure to win. But November 2018 is too soon, he's going to very likely ruin his chances of getting back to the top of the heavyweight division.
    I agree. Even the real Tyson built himself up first after the long lay off. I can see Fury being a bit like Hatton after a long lay off and the timing, stamina and drive won't be the same. Fury will get knocked out. He wasn't that good to begin with. Both Fury and Joshua beat an old and done Wlad.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Are people seriously picking Fury to win this? Fury is so overrated it’s ridiculous. If this was right after the Wlad fight, I would be 50/50. Now, as @TitoFan said, it would just be a complete implosion by Wilder if he lost. Wilder has proven to have stamina to last 12 rounds. No way Fury can last down the stretch if it even got that far.
    He could just get back on the wild boar and he'll be in top condition again.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Are people seriously picking Fury to win this? Fury is so overrated it’s ridiculous. If this was right after the Wlad fight, I would be 50/50. Now, as @TitoFan said, it would just be a complete implosion by Wilder if he lost. Wilder has proven to have stamina to last 12 rounds. No way Fury can last down the stretch if it even got that far.
    He could just get back on the wild boar and he'll be in top condition again.
    Then he will be out for another 3 years by being banned.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder v Fury I think Tyson will just be to crafty for Wilder learning on holding he will frustrate him winning on points in one ugly fight.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury set for November as WBC champion hits out at ‘embarrassing’ Anthony Joshua

Deontay Wilder has revealed a deal to face Tyson Fury is close and that the duo are set to fight in either “November or December” as the WBC heavyweight champion took another passing shot at rival Anthony Joshua.

Fury revealed last week that his team were in talks for the fight, which is believed to be pencilled in for Las Vegas on either 10 or 17 November of this year.

Wilder was left frustrated in his negotiations with Joshua and his promoter Eddie Hearn this summer as the two parties could not make a deal on an undisputed unification fight for this year, and has consequently turned to other options.

Joshua will face his mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin instead of Wilder now after being threatened with the stripping of his belts.

Wilder revealed how pleasantly surprised he had been with the quick progress of negotiations between his team and Fury’s in what will be the biggest fight of his career to date.

“Whatever date that suits us best, that’s the date we’ll go with,” Wilder told BoxingScene.com. “But people should know that this fight is happening. It will happen. We just can’t wait. We can’t wait to announce it and get it on.

“It could be wrapped up next week. Or it could be wrapped up [Friday]. We’re that close. This has been the easiest negotiation I’ve ever been in, dealing with a fight of this magnitude. That just lets you know this fight will happen. I don’t see nothing that will stop this fight from happening, nothing at all.”

Wilder called Fury, who is still boxing’s lineal world heavyweight champion, a “true champion” and claimed that he saved the UK from the “embarrassment” of Joshua not taking the fight. He also praised the Manchester fighter for being willing to fight in America, even though he could have demanded Wilder came to the UK, where he would have earned more money.

“I respect for him and I salute him for that [accepting the fight in America], for trying to save face for his country, to try to save them from the embarrassment they feel over there,” Wilder said.

“Because we’re laughing at them hard, especially when Joshua asked for $50 million and then talked about he was just playing. But Fury, he’s a true champion. This is what champions are all about.

“This is a bigger fight than the Joshua fight. This is a way bigger fight. Just for Tyson to take this opportunity, and be able to do [a deal] in a short amount of time, it tells you about his character. He’s a true warrior. He’s a true gypsy king and I can’t wait to share a ring with him.

“This is humiliation for Joshua’s side. They didn’t wanna fight, they didn’t wanna let me in the ring, they didn’t want no confrontation with me, they didn’t wanna look me in the eye. So we’re showing the young boy what it is to be a man, what the requirements of this job are. So I hope Joshua and his team are taking notes on what real champions are supposed to do. Real kings are supposed to fight each other.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/deo...114700177.html

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like Fury has provided Wilder a new angle through which to vent his frustrations at the failed AJ fight negotiations..... and Wilder will play that up to the hilt.

Mentioned
    945 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If Fury kisses Wilder in the ring then all bets are off. 😂
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can Fury get at least 2 fights in before the Wilder fight?

If so, then make it in December.

Fury just needs more real rounds. He's too mobile and crafty for Wilder as has been mentioned before.

Unless Wilder clocks Firy, he'll get frustrated and begin to be demoralised by 4 rounds.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sanatogen View Post
    Can Fury get at least 2 fights in before the Wilder fight?

If so, then make it in December.

Fury just needs more real rounds. He's too mobile and crafty for Wilder as has been mentioned before.

Unless Wilder clocks Firy, he'll get frustrated and begin to be demoralised by 4 rounds.
    They would not allow Fury to fight another time. Fury will have to work hard to get fighting fit and seasoned. Quality sparring will help him get off the ring rust but psychologically he will know he has not prepared for a hard fight. Fury must try to get Wilder's head and play mind games with him to slow him down.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lennox Lewis blames Hearn

Lennox Lewis spells out in clear, unequivocal terms what Anthony Joshua has to do if he really wants to succeed him as the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world.

He tells Joshua: 'Go order Eddie Hearn to make the fight with Deontay Wilder. Now is the moment when you must take charge of your own destiny.'

Lewis is no doubt that it is the British end of the infamously prolonged negotiations which is sabotaging the heavyweight fight of the decade.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/box...nox-Lewis.html

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lewis is a fellow Brit, yet he pulls no punches in his criticism of how AJ and team handled the Wilder fight negotiations. Very telling indeed....

No matter who you blame (AJ or Wilder), it's clear that AJ's reputation for taking on all comers took a gigantic hit. If he really wanted Wilder, the deal would've gotten done.

Now in comes Fury and upstages AJ, making AJ look even more like a chump. Fury of course also being a fellow Brit who comes in and says..... "AJ doesn't want any part of this? Hell..... I'll take it."

I don't like Fury too much, but you gotta respect him for that.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Reminiscent of how Tyson suddenly got a shot at Klitchscko and beat the odds, he could do it again.

It could end up being as wide in class as Calzaghe vs Lacy.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At the risk of being boring, I repeat Wilder is terminally fucking useless and any of the top ten Euros beat him, if an out of condition Fury does it point doubly proven. Don't kid yourself that this division, or its promoters have anything to do with fair and competitive matchmaking. Its all on the money, Warren will offer a rematch with Fury or Chis in the contract, so nutjob Wilder gets two reasonably big fights, also gets wiped out of the now Euro dominated hierarchy which Hearn/Warren/Sauerland control.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by nuggetdotcom View Post
    At the risk of being boring, I repeat Wilder is terminally fucking useless and any of the top ten Euros beat him, if an out of condition Fury does it point doubly proven. Don't kid yourself that this division, or its promoters have anything to do with fair and competitive matchmaking. Its all on the money, Warren will offer a rematch with Fury or Chis in the contract, so nutjob Wilder gets two reasonably big fights, also gets wiped out of the now Euro dominated hierarchy which Hearn/Warren/Sauerland control.
    I don’t know what Wilder did to you to make you think so low of him. Did he kidnap your wife and children?

Thread Information