Thread: Can Fury actually beat Wilder?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Can Fury actually beat Wilder?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Didn't Fury say he could beat AJ and Wilder without any tune ups? Now he wants another tune up.
    Thatโ€™s the issue with Fury. I agree that he could for sure use another tune up, but he shouldnโ€™t be talking trash if he isnโ€™t willing to fight right now.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone already knew Fury is full of shit. But this is taking it to new heights. One thing is the senseless trash-talking he does, all off of his 15 minutes of fame with Wlad. Another thing is to entice fans with a possible showdown with Wilder, only to back off with a "just kidding folks" to the fans. Hearn and AJ must be laughing themselves silly right now, while Wilder must be wondering what does it take to get a fight with one of these jokers. If Fury's just gonna be talking shit, let him flounder around, fighting the next bum on the list, and leave the boxing headlines alone. Stupid f*ck.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Warren's announcement of last week has past and has now announced that an announcement will be next week. I've heard Nov-17 in Vegas but will believe it when the bell rings.

Looks more and more likely to me that Fury used this to promote his last fight. Hope I'm wrong an Fury's bipolar doesn't rear it's ugly head to scuttle the fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Snowstorm Tyson
    Snowflakes blinding him
    Freezing Winter Party
    .... A 20% chance he will become a coked-out weasel by Halloween...... ๐Ÿ’ฅ๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŒš๐ŸŽƒ๐ŸŒš๐ŸŽƒ๐Ÿ’ฅ

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange that they were both saying it was a done deal, but no official announcement was made after Fury's fight.

Also as we 'learned', you can't have a contract without a date and venue
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Strange that they were both saying it was a done deal, but no official announcement was made after Fury's fight.

I think we better go back to the KSI fight of tonight and forget about these two clowns

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post

I think we better go back to the KSI fight of tonight and forget about these two clowns
    We'll have to get Masters opinion as to if it was better than Fury's last fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Rumors of the fight being off could all be part of Fury's mind games.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson says nothing has changed from his pov

https://twitter.com/MichaelBensonn/s...50630676627456

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Everyone already knew Fury is full of shit. But this is taking it to new heights. One thing is the senseless trash-talking he does, all off of his 15 minutes of fame with Wlad. Another thing is to entice fans with a possible showdown with Wilder, only to back off with a "just kidding folks" to the fans. Hearn and AJ must be laughing themselves silly right now, while Wilder must be wondering what does it take to get a fight with one of these jokers. If Fury's just gonna be talking shit, let him flounder around, fighting the next bum on the list, and leave the boxing headlines alone. Stupid f*ck.
    Where has he backed off though? You can't believe it just because Fat Dan and the Sun 'have heard a rumour' and Eddie Hearn 'doubts it will happen'.

Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Where has he backed off though? You can't believe it just because Fat Dan and the Sun 'have heard a rumour' and Eddie Hearn 'doubts it will happen'.

I was going off posts I read on the thread. Should've checked the sources, tho. If it was Fat Dan who claimed that, then I should've known it was Fake News.

After all, Fat Dan had Beltran and Pedraza even in last night's fight.

Fat Dan is a disgrace to boxing journalism. Why ESPN even keeps him around is beyond me.

Mentioned
    947 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post

I was going off posts I read on the thread. Should've checked the sources, tho. If it was Fat Dan who claimed that, then I should've known it was Fake News.

After all, Fat Dan had Beltran and Pedraza even in last night's fight.

Fat Dan is a disgrace to boxing journalism. Why ESPN even keeps him around is beyond me.
    Because people get lazy and used to those who are there. Why people would read garbage like the Sun baffles me too. Fury has pulled out of fights before so I can understand why it would seem plausible but one of this magnitude would truly leave him with egg on his face and believe me that would not go down well here or with his family and community. Kings don't back pedal off away for a challenge like this.

I think his ability to be under estimated is his strongest attribute. The art of not being hit when you are such a huge fella is much harder to execute and he does it brilliantly at times. Might be ugly to watch but it is even more important in the ungloved tradition he is a continuation of. It's no coincidence. He can certainly make Wilder look like a mug. Whether he can do that for 12 rounds and not get laid out is another thing but it will be interesting to find out.
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would say that Fury and Wilder is the most exciting heavyweight fight that I can remember in a long time with maybe Wladimir Klitschko and AJ being a close runner-up. Now when I say exciting I am not a hell of a lot of punches thrown in action like the Klitschko and AJ fight but I'm talking more about we are now going to see the excitement of two people with completely different styles and I mean completely different styles like you can't believe. And the question for me is can Tyson Fury double faint and triple think and switch off the South Pole and mug the guy and get into the guy's mind and make him wild and desperate and flailing like the atomic windmill that we all know he really is and then jump in like a bobcat really quick and throw that uppercut that I am saying he will throw in about the fifth round to really ice and I mean really ice Deontay Wilder.

Are Wilder's pretzel thin legs sturdy enough with enough stamina the fight a guy as big and heavy as Fury 4 12 rounds? Is Wilder's relatively skinny and upper body able to withstand the jumping and mugging and bathing and trolling and movement of furi for 12 rounds?

Is Wilder's very skinny waist and very wimpy looking midsection able to take the pummeling of Tyson Fury?

This is what makes it exciting for me

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It was always pointed out that they were only rumours at this stage that the fight may be off. Also that it could be a Fury ploy to get in Wilders head.

I'll wait for Warren's already pushed back announcement on a fight that both fighters have said is a done deal.

I hope it comes together with no delays as it is an intriguing bout which has generated much interest as can be seen by the threads and replies to these threads.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, respect to Fury then for actually making/taking this fight. I don't like his style of fighting, nor do I like his shenanigans in and out of the ring.... but once again, he's doing what Team AJ was unable/unwilling to do. Who knows how this will play out. I seriously doubt he can get in Wilder's head like he did with Wlad. Different animals. Wlad fought timid and made it an easy night for Fury. Wilder will be out for the knockout. Hopefully his team will prepare him to go the 12 rounds, and not go hog-wild wasting energy in useless windmills.

They're both outlandish characters, and this should make for a fun fight. Fury-Wlad it won't be, I can bet money on that. AJ remains the odd man sitting out, seeing his clash with Povetkin a bit diminished and probably wishing he had taken Wilder's negotiations a little more seriously.

Thread Information