Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: 51 wins and only 32yrs old

chayaphon moonsri lost for the second time. panya pradabsri looks like the number one in the division. here's the fight for anyone who wants to watch. it was good
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Julio Ceaser Chavez would fight the best and worst fighters in the world every few months as he was trying to get to that 100.

A guy making his professional debut for his 41st fight.

A 1-15 bum for his 50th fight.

A dude with a 0-1 record for his 66th fight.

Uhhhh............. yeah.
    Should we do this with the Sugar Ray Robinson? He had 3 fights in a row against people making their debuts when he had 150+ fights. Those were not the only debuts on his record either, he also fought a few guys with 0 wins and many more with losing records. And he’s considered the greatest. I don’t think fighters should be judged for fighting bad fighters. But whether or not they fight good fighters. And both these guys mentioned did

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Julio Ceaser Chavez would fight the best and worst fighters in the world every few months as he was trying to get to that 100.

Uhhhh............. yeah.
    Should we do this with the Sugar Ray Robinson? He had 3 fights in a row against people making their debuts when he had 150+ fights. Those were not the only debuts on his record either, he also fought a few guys with 0 wins and many more with losing records. And he’s considered the greatest. I don’t think fighters should be judged for fighting bad fighters. But whether or not they fight good fighters. And both these guys mentioned did

I honestly don't care who it is. There's guys out there that have fought nothing but good opposition their whole careers and as a result they stumble every now and then. I find this fascination with preserving the "0" at all costs, even if it means fighting absolute bums well into your career... ludicrous. SRR fought so often and so much he probably ran out of good fighters at some stretches. His "0" win scalps can be forgiven. I remember when JCC was chugging toward 100-0, and he wanted nothing standing in his way. That I don't respect too much.

Give me the Lomachenkos and Inoues of the world, even if they have 2-3 losses on their records, rather than the carefully crafted undefeated records bloated with debut opponents on 40th and 50th fights. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by TitoFan; 04-04-2022 at 04:49 PM. Reason: Oops... I said SRL when I meant SRR.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post

Uhhhh............. yeah.
    most top fighters have a few bad opponents on their record. naoya's last opponent was far from deserving. maybe his last two. fighters should be judged on who & when they fought
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Like everything, there are pros and cons . I don’t think this is a serious attempt to say that this guy is better in any way than Floyd, it’s just pointing something out.
    In the guys favour,
    1. It’s a fantastic record
    2. Massive kudos to be able to stay at this weight for so many fights. Manny starting a tad heavier than this and ended up at LMW. which brings me to the next point
    3. Not a whiff of PEDs.
    4. Good mental strength to be able to be in top shape physically and mentally every fight, no bad days at the office.
    Cons
    1. By virtue of it being the Minimumweight, there are way less competitors
    2. This means repeat fights and some with lesser experience/debutants

So in summary, the guy should be given massive respect for what he’s done and it is a moot point making any comparisons.Apples and Oranges.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Thread Information