Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Khan v Vargas free on DAZN Facebook page

DAZN have stepped in at the last minute and are showing this free to US viewers only.

https://www.boxingnewsandviews.com/2...tch-in-the-us/

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Khan v Vargas free on DAZN Facebook page

Gonna watch this on the US stream and see what the DAZN coverage is like 😎

Khan vs Vargas: FREE DAZN Live Stream On Social Media!

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/09...-social-media/

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard Brook is moving back down to 147, to try and secure the Khan fight or possibly Pac.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

At least 'live' on fb he'll kick off a massive night of fights Stateside with cards on both HBO and Showtime. But being honest many here will have a peek just to see if he is bricked again. Over there too most likely .

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Can we watch this if we don’t have farcebook? I dropped it and cancelled my thingy no twitter either

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Only on DAZN Facebook and twitter pages.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I couldn't resist a couple of bob on Vargas at 14/1

Vargas took a decent beating of Spence and Garcia whilst it lasted and has long arms. Last time Khan fought a Colombian with long levers he was unconscious within a minute. Ignoring the last fight farce it seems like another lifetime Khan was the young fearless lunatic challenging all-comers.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everytime I hear Khan being interviewed I want to give him a big slap. He is so up himself that he can not see what a twat he looks.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Amir Khan v Samuel Vargas: Birmingham fight could be key stepping stone for Briton

Samuel Vargas has warned that Amir Khan is "damaged" and "over the hill" as he prepares to hamper the British fighter's dream of another world title.

The pair meet at welterweight in Birmingham on Saturday in Khan's second bout since returning after 23 months.

"I've trained like it's a world title fight as I know where this fight can take me," said Khan, 31.

Colombia-born Vargas, 29, said: "I know in my heart that he knows that if I touch him he will get hurt."

Vargas - who lives and trains in Canada - carries a record of 29 wins, two draws and three defeats, with two of the losses coming against Danny Garcia and Errol Spence Jr, who both went on to win world titles.

He looks set to offer a stiffer test than the 39 seconds Phil Lo Greco lasted in Khan's comeback bout in April and pointed to the damage the Briton sustained at the hands of Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez in May of 2016.

"There is no doubt in my mind I will be victorious on Saturday night," said Vargas. "I don't care how I do it. I think he's an old man, over the hill and he's been damaged a lot."

'Goossen will take me where I want'

The rapid nature of Khan's return win over Lo Greco did not afford much opportunity to see his full repertoire as the former unified world super-lightweight champion took his record to 32 wins and four defeats.

That win was his first under American trainer Joe Goossen but Saturday's Arena Birmingham bout will be the first in which the pair have been together for a full 10-week build-up.

It is also Khan's first bout in the 147lbs welterweight division since 2015 and a win will build momentum towards potential bouts with Manny Pacquiao or British rival Kell Brook.

"The timing was so right to join Joe Goossen," Khan told BBC Sport. "I have worked on so many things. I didn't want him to change my style too much. I still want the speed, style and movement but what he worked on more than anything was accuracy, making sure what I throw lands.

"I really believe he will take me up there where I need to be."

'Khan v Brook at 147lbs' - Hearn

Khan says he will take on Brook at 147lbs and Eddie Hearn - who promotes both men - says Brook now accepts he will need to drop to the weight to secure the long-awaited bout.

"I understand Khan," said Hearn. "He says his best weight is 147lbs and is basically saying if you want to fight me at this weight then fine but if not I will fight someone else.

"That's fine but Kell would need to start training now because of the weight loss and he may need a 16-week camp.

"This Vargas test is the last hurdle before Khan is back into the super fights really. When Vargas fought Errol Spence, he had three weeks to prepare.

"He's had 10 weeks here and so I want Amir to have rounds, test those hands out and test what he's learning with Joe Goossen.

"Amir Khan unified the light-welterweight division and I think has a lot left.

"When you start achieving in British sport, it's sometimes like the public rebel a bit. Khan gets a lot of stick but how many fighters would like to have the resume of Amir Khan?"

Khan v Brook would be in my top three fights to be made this year.

There is no doubt Khan has rediscovered something. There's something in his eyes. He's not talking about facing champions like Terence Crawford or Errol Spence yet but with a win or two, he could have those fights.

Then there's the Manny Pacquiao fight, a fight he thought he had made a few years ago. There's some bad blood between them through sparring.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/45434067

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook should just forget the Khan fight and make his own path. He admits it will be a struggle getting back down to 147, might as well just come clean now and say he's cashing out.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan could then try and get revenge against Garcia.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan doesn't need Brook and has never chased him while Brook has looked desperate over the years almost begging for a payday.
    When you look at their records Khan has a far superior record and has beaten big name fighters in their own backyard.
    Brooks only highlight for me is a very dubious decision against Porter, Khans beaten Judah, Maidana, Malignagi, Alexander, Collazo and Barrera to name a few.
    Enough said πŸ˜‰

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fair enough Khan has some good wins but he also had opportunities Brook never had.

The excuses Khan made to duck Brook were utterly shameless - "win a world title," "make a name in America," "headline a PPV," "fight some big names." Brook not only met every demand he's more respected in America than Khan.

The American fighters/pundits/fans speak about Khan like he's a joke hype-job.

Brook beating Porter in his backyard and holding his own with Golovkin and Spence has gone a lot further than any Khan victory ever did.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That's the point though Khan has always been ahead of Brook career wise and has never needed to fight him, I don't think the Porter win made Brook look anything special in the US because alot of people thought Porter won that fight, Golovkin smashed him silly and he arguably bottled it against Spence.
    I think the majority of fight fans would watch Khan over Brook just for his attacking style and obviously the chin factor where he's always a decent punch away from being knocked out.
    Brook for me has left it too late and has largely wasted his prime years worrying about Khan then going backwards fighting No Jo and Gavin etc, add to that his serious facial injuries (ones that have still yet to be properly punched on) and it's clear why he's still chasing Khan $$$
    Just compare their fight records and they are chalk and cheese.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brook was rated top dog at welterweight by The Ring, all the big media outlets, ESPN/HBO/Showtime, he was ranked behind Brook by everyone.

He answered all Khan's questions - won a title, made a name in America, headlined a big PPV event (several), the fight was a guaranteed stadium job yet Khan still ducked him. Even now he's saying Brook needs to come back to 147, didn't Khan face Canelo at "middleweight?"

Does he need Brook? No. Did he shamelessly duck him? Yes.

Losses often override wins in the history books.

Thread Information