Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Oleksandr Usyk signs with Matchroom

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Looking forward to seeing Usyk take a punch off a full blown Heavyweight before I'm convinced he's a threat to the belt holders.
    He has already technically fought at and beat some very good heavyweights. The world series of boxing tournaments, he fought at heavy, many feel those fights although supposedly amateur should be considered pro fights.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll find out soon enough because at age 32 and considering his dominance and achievements at Cruiser he'll be fast tracked right into the mix.
    If he gets up to the Dillian Whyte levels then we'll see him take a proper clump. 😉

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

We'll find out soon enough because at age 32 and considering his dominance and achievements at Cruiser he'll be fast tracked right into the mix.
    If he gets up to the Dillian Whyte levels then we'll see him take a proper clump. 😉
    Well he's already beaten Huck (who arguably beat a 'roided' Povetkin), and Briedis (who destroyed Charr), he beat Joyce without headgear, and Nistor who beat up Joshua. I could go on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could but your name dropping fighters who aren't anywhere near current top Heavyweights, if he does face the likes of Whyte and upwards the 2 big factors are that he's not a big Puncher even at Cruiser and can he take a punch from a full blown "live" Heavyweight.?
    That remains to be seen.
    I honestly think even someone like Bellew could walk right through him at Heayweight.
    His speed will get him right in the mix no question but then he's gotta go into the trenches at some point.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You could but your name dropping fighters who aren't anywhere near current top Heavyweights, if he does face the likes of Whyte and upwards the 2 big factors are that he's not a big Puncher even at Cruiser and can he take a punch from a full blown "live" Heavyweight.?
    That remains to be seen.
    I honestly think even someone like Bellew could walk right through him at Heayweight.
    His speed will get him right in the mix no question but then he's gotta go into the trenches at some point.
    I understand what you're saying, I would just like to point out that many have said some of these amateurs with an extended pedigree, should and have been fast tracked, as they obviously have a vast set of skills and experience. Take a look at the guys Usyk beat at heavyweight, without headgear and using typically between 10 and 12 oz gloves. You could argue a few were comparable to current propest/fringe contender status. Add in the guys he had already beat, that have had some success at heavyweight already/currently and I think it's easy to see Usyk will be successful at heavyweight.

I agree Usyk isn't a 1 punch KO artist, but he carries enough pop to keep these guys honest.
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information