Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Undisputed?

What divisions do you think have a clear cut, undisputed #1 guy?

Obviously Usyk at Cruiser, apart from that, I feel every other division is debatable.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Undisputed?

Triple G

Hopefully Groves soon.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Triple G

Hopefully Groves soon.
    I thought Jacobs beat him.

Good call on Groves, he's definitely is the #1 guy, but I think he needs to beat Ramirez or Benavidez to become undisputed.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Our to ask the question another way, what divisions have the most debate/ dispute/ competition for the #1 spot?

Welter for example, has Thurman, Spence, Crawford etc. You could add Porter to the mix should he defeat Danny Garcia, as Porter's loss to Thurman could have really gone either way.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Our to ask the question another way, what divisions have the most debate/ dispute/ competition for the #1 spot?

Welter for example, has Thurman, Spence, Crawford etc. You could add Porter to the mix should he defeat Danny Garcia, as Porter's loss to Thurman could have really gone either way.
    I do not think you can count close decisions that you disagree with as losses. Golovkin won the fight. Thurman won his fight. They are and were undisputed at their weight.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I do not think you can count close decisions that you disagree with as losses. Golovkin won the fight. Thurman won his fight. They are and were undisputed at their weight.
    If you think one guy beat the other, then there has to be a dispute about who is the best.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you think one guy beat the other, then there has to be a dispute about who is the best.
    Close fight have to go with judges and official decisions otherwise you would get too many disputes.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Close fight have to go with judges and official decisions otherwise you would get too many disputes.
    You have to accept the official decision, but you don't have to agree with it. Take a fight you thought one guy won but didn't get the nod, did you think the guy who won was better?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Usyk may be the only clear cut #1. Wangek seems to be the obvious #1 too. Loma is if Garcia isn’t at lightweight anymore.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Usyk may be the only clear cut #1. Wangek seems to be the obvious #1 too. Loma is if Garcia isn’t at lightweight anymore.
    I was thinking Wangek, but that Estrada fight was basically fight to a standstill.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I was thinking Wangek, but that Estrada fight was basically fight to a standstill.
    If the question is if there is a fighter heads and shoulders above the rest in a division then Usyk is definitely the only one. Part of that reason is because cruiserweight doesn’t have anybody else that good. There are decent fighters there but many other weight classes have at least another guy who is also really good.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If the question is if there is a fighter heads and shoulders above the rest in a division then Usyk is definitely the only one. Part of that reason is because cruiserweight doesn’t have anybody else that good. There are decent fighters there but many other weight classes have at least another guy who is also really good.
    I disagree, it's because he fought and beat the best in the division. People were high on Gassiev until Usyk schooled him, Briedis is also another top guy. Other divisions the best aren't fighting each other, welter for example.

We should have a clearcut #1 at 118 after the WBSS tourney.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I disagree, it's because he fought and beat the best in the division. People were high on Gassiev until Usyk schooled him, Briedis is also another top guy. Other divisions the best aren't fighting each other, welter for example.

Wangek also fought the top guys and won but because he barely beat Estrada you are saying he isn’t the clear cut #1. So the question seems more to be who is head and shoulders above the rest of their division rather than the clear cut #1.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wangek also fought the top guys and won but because he barely beat Estrada you are saying he isn’t the clear cut #1. So the question seems more to be who is head and shoulders above the rest of their division rather than the clear cut #1.
    Yea undisputed. I thought that Estrada fight could have gone either way. Wangek is #1 in the division, but I think there is enough debate there for his claim as the best to be disputed.

I'm going to try have a look for answers to my other question in the thread, about what divisions have the most competition for the #1 spot.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nope, and I can prove you don’t even agree with what you’re saying.

By your own standards GGG is not clear number 1 because he had a close fight and the judges didn’t rule in his (Canelo) favor yet you put him as number 1.

Your response will also be hypocritical, I know what it is and I’ll wait for it.

Thread Information