39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Damn that's the first time we ever agreed

Addicted to_boxing Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

b
    I was looking for something like this all last night. Thanks for sharing.

What can I say. It was closer than the first fight, which they inexplicably called a draw, so of course they gave it to Canelo.

I've looked back at some scorecards by Dave Moretti on Canelo fights and, although not as corrupt/inept as a CJ Ross or Adelaide Byrd, with Moretti scoring you practically have to kill Canelo to get him to score the other way.

Not in the robbery category maybe, but definitely the wrong decision as evidenced by the almost unanimous consensus by the boxing experts.

Bottom line: Canelo fans thought Canelo won. Boxing fans know GGG won.
    Now provide a list with 25 successful boxers and they all say Canelo won. My car needs work and I need advice do I ask a mechanic or a publication / media person?

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, the poll's closed and we can see the final results.

The totals say 26-GGG, 9-Canelo, 4-Draw. But Hulk and Dia said GGG and didn't vote. Armin and Walrus said GGG but mistakenly voted Canelo.

Fix those oversights and the totals become 30-7-4.

GGG wins the polling by a landslide of 73.2%.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Now provide a list with 25 successful boxers and they all say Canelo won. My car needs work and I need advice do I ask a mechanic or a publication / media person?

Didn't find 25... you'll have to settle for 4. Terrence Crawford, Carl Frampton, Audley Harrison all Tweeted they thought GGG won. Amir Khan was the lone Canelo man. Sample size is small, but that damn 75% edge just won't go away.

BTW, your car analogy seriously lacks reality. You really think Teddy Atlas is unfit to give an accurate opinion of the fight? Sure, Teddy boxed a bit, but he's by no means a "successful boxer".

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nice Work, Tito. The truth wills out in the end. Like with Pac Marquez.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by armin View Post

b
    I was looking for something like this all last night. Thanks for sharing.

What can I say. It was closer than the first fight, which they inexplicably called a draw, so of course they gave it to Canelo.

I've looked back at some scorecards by Dave Moretti on Canelo fights and, although not as corrupt/inept as a CJ Ross or Adelaide Byrd, with Moretti scoring you practically have to kill Canelo to get him to score the other way.

Not in the robbery category maybe, but definitely the wrong decision as evidenced by the almost unanimous consensus by the boxing experts.

Bottom line: Canelo fans thought Canelo won. Boxing fans know GGG won.
    http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ge..._(2nd_meeting)

Under unofficial results here... You point out something interesting, most media go with golovkin or draw and more fighters seem to think alvarez won..

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's at least 5-6 Mexicans and 3-4 other Hispanics in the list of those who thought Canelo won. No Mexicans or other Hispanics said Golovkin. That's also pretty interesting.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I had it for GGG, but was thinking it’s a fair point that trying to goad Camelot into fighting a more “Mexican style” really backfired on him and could have influenced perception. He won wide the first time by controlling range with his jab, and he was only getting older.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ha. I guess trying to piss off the knights of king Arthurs court wouldn’t be wise for any one man though. Fucking auto correct

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's at least 5-6 ******Mexicans****** 😁 and 3-4 other Hispanics in the list of those who thought Canelo won. No Mexicans or other Hispanics said Golovkin. That's also pretty interesting.
    I could say something funny which would be just a friendly kind of humor but now I have to refrain.

in any case I am definitely in the group that thinks Canelo won. And the reason why I think he won is because he took the fight to Triple G and when you compare that like Max Kellerman said the Optics of the fight everyone's remembering how Canelo just ran and ran and ran in the first fight and how he got called out about it and in the second fight you just have the image of Canelo attacking throwing four and five punch combinations and really whacking the body with that left hook underneath. If there's any Lasting Impressions from the fight it is definitely Canelo Alvarez with the flashy Superfast three and four punch combinations and that very loud whacking kind of smacking sound that he got out of that left hook underneath to the liver and to the appendix area. Ouch!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    There's at least 5-6 ******Mexicans****** 😁 and 3-4 other Hispanics in the list of those who thought Canelo won. No Mexicans or other Hispanics said Golovkin. That's also pretty interesting.
    I could say something funny which would be just a friendly kind of humor but now I have to refrain.

in any case I am definitely in the group that thinks Canelo won. And the reason why I think he won is because he took the fight to Triple G and when you compare that like Max Kellerman said the Optics of the fight everyone's remembering how Canelo just ran and ran and ran in the first fight and how he got called out about it and in the second fight you just have the image of Canelo attacking throwing four and five punch combinations and really whacking the body with that left hook underneath. If there's any Lasting Impressions from the fight it is definitely Canelo Alvarez with the flashy Superfast three and four punch combinations and that very loud whacking kind of smacking sound that he got out of that left hook underneath to the liver and to the appendix area. Ouch!!!

"Friendly kind of humor" is fine. Personal attacks aren't. You're old enough to know the difference.

Hey, it's FINE to think Canelo won. The fight was close enough to warrant different opinions. It wasn't quite the robbery the first fight was. I'm just pointing out that the VAST majority of observers thought GGG won, including myself. Usually when any poll you carry out results in 75% results for one guy, it kind of gives you the impression the judges got it wrong. Canelo gave a good account of himself though, and both guys fought like true warriors. Still... Canelo, IMO, will never inhabit ATG territory for many reasons, one of them being his being a convicted cheater.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=brocktonblockbust;1496719]Listen ow okay because think about it he's not really a middleweight so how could he be an all-time great the fuck invented his own weight class, a true all-time great would fight in several weight classes

Thread Information