39. This poll is closed
  • GGG

26 66.67%
  • Canelo

9 23.08%
  • Draw

4 10.26%
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think won GGG/Canelo 2?

Walrus this is potentially very serious. Did you watch the fight on replay? You voted Canelo. This could mean Canelo has even less support. I demand an investigation.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Walrus this is potentially very serious. Did you watch the fight on replay? You voted Canelo. This could mean Canelo has even less support. I demand an investigation.
    Oh shit didn’t mean to do the poll yet so subtract mine. Didn’t watch the fight yet. I watch them on allthebestfights.com and they didn’t have it yet. Should be on it by now but I’m working. I took a night off just for the fight so I wasted my paid personal time as well. I was so pissed I can’t explain it. I may need therapy. Definitely didn’t mean to vote yet. I followed the play by play u guys put up and I have no doubt the majority are wrong. Please forgive me @Gandalf

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Forgive him.

He was only doing what the judges do with Canelo fights. They don't really have to see the fight to vote for Canelo.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...scorecards/‬

This is pretty telling on who should have won the fight

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comm...scorecards/‬

This is pretty telling on who should have won the fight
    34 media for GGG, 2 for Canelo, 15 draw.

Average fan score collected was 116-113 GGG

So let’s look at it this way. Let’s imagine these were the scores of everybody. So they put all of the scores in a hat and picked them out. You are saying that by some crazy chance that you pulled BOTH of the cards scored for Canelo and one of the draw cards. That is crazy!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jabs vs power punches - Canelo won ya babies!!!

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well said Powerpuncher. The polls and ringside experts tell a different story in both fights. Out of 6 judges most of them still see what most other people are not seeing. It's a sham and I feel not only bad for GGG, but anyone who forked out 90 dollars to see yet another terrible decision. When a robbery is as blatant as that there should be a refund option or an ability to sue and have evidence gathered to make a case that the scoring is wrong. Boxing would have to change its attitude when it is finally hit in the pocket itself. It is corrupt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Haven't logged on in a long time. Just came here to say this, I wanted to (conservatively)give it a draw after seeing it live on someone's Instagram stream. Watched the fight again on a better stream and I gave 8 rds to GGG. Jabs fucking count.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well, Hulk and Dia said they thought GGG won but didn't vote. Armin said he thought GGG won but mistakenly voted Canelo. Walrus didn't see the fight but voted Canelo.

You make the necessary adjustments, and the poll favors GGG with almost 75%, which surpasses the 70% opinion of the boxing experts posted earlier.

For not having been a robbery, it should've been pretty clear cut.

But once again.... the Golden Boy cash cow..... in Vegas. Nothing else need be said.

Canelo will lose when someone knocks him out, because obviously he'll never lose a decision in Vegas, nor will he ever fight anywhere else.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by erik_corrales View Post
    Haven't logged on in a long time. Just came here to say this, I wanted to (conservatively)give it a draw after seeing it live on someone's Instagram stream. Watched the fight again on a better stream and I gave 8 rds to GGG. Jabs fucking count.

Thank you for your opinion. Please vote.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well observed there Tito. Good job everyone who voted no matter which way you voted and if you haven't voted or want to vote, then please do so. If you are reading and are not a member, just sign up and get voting too. Every opinion counts.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well, Hulk and Dia said they thought GGG won but didn't vote. Armin said he thought GGG won but mistakenly voted Canelo. Walrus didn't see the fight but voted Canelo.

You make the necessary adjustments, and the poll favors GGG with almost 75%, which surpasses the 70% opinion of the boxing experts posted earlier.

But once again.... the Golden Boy cash cow..... in Vegas. Nothing else need be said.

Canelo will lose when someone knocks him out, because obviously he'll never lose a decision in Vegas, nor will he ever fight anywhere else.
    No tits I voted Canelo by error. I was just checking out the poll and must have hit it in error

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

No tits I voted Canelo by error. I was just checking out the poll and must have hit it in error
    I would like to eliminate your vote. Not because I am inherently fascistic, but because you admit it was an error. Unfortunately I have no way of changing the poll.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Addicted to_boxing View Post
    Canelo he out GGG'd GGG . He came foward and it was a role reversal GGG ran. Canelo made a puncher box . GGG should have went.to the body like his stolen fake moniker Mexican Style. Abel was vague and.stupid as usual.
    I agree that GGG was again absent when it came to the body. However, unlike Canelo in the first fight who was on the back foot, GGG was doing it in the center of the ring and was landing the jab again and again as well as noticeable uppercuts. That was the big difference. GGG hardly ran, he boxed. Canelo did run in that first fight, but count me the number of times GGG went to the ropes. He didn't at all. He was in the middle outlanding his opponent. He outlanded Alvarez by about 30 punches overall. GGG also came on strong hurting Canelo a number of times.
    GGG WON IF YOU WERE LOOKING AT THIS AS A SLAP FIGHT. You ask your opponent in the lead up to not run then slap and run yourself. GGG is the one at fault for throwing a curve to the judges. The style he opted to fight swung the judges to think Canelo dictated the fight. Even Abel is throwing GGG under the bus saying he wanted him to fight and he opted to box. It was a good competitive fight but it was obvious if GGG opts to fight next time he is the one who will gas out. The man was dying in his corner at the end of each round from the middle rounds on.
    Golovkin was winning the fight on the outside with the ramrod jab of his. If the fight was anywhere else Golovkin gets the decision. However you are right the judges all had Canelo 4-2 up after 6 rounds.

It was a good fight.
    That part they got right. Canelo looked like he was going to stop GGG until he gassed in the 8th. Of course Canelo would gas, he always has. But it was shocking to see GGG staggering around in 6,7, early 8 from what he took early. While you were fawning over GGGs jab Canelo was brutalizing him to the body.

But Canelo couldn’t maintain and GGG found that something special inside himself to take the momentum.

Canelo is a better fighter than I ever gave him credit for and GGG showed he’s not just a bully, he won’t fold for nothing.
    Jab also brutalised Canelo's face.

So it seems the early rounds, the first 6, were key to this fight. I thought Golovkin was controlling the fight and winning the majority of the first half of the fight.

Other posters saw it as a negative and favoured Canelo's aggression.

I think the reason behind that was the fact that team GGG wouldn't shut up about Canelo running and asked him to come and trade rather than "run" like he did in the first fight ( this was something that was pissing me off too). So now in the rematch Canelo came forward and took the fight to GGG and he goes on the back foot so it seems as though Canelo has now beaten him at his game and the fight he asked for. Like some one mentioned earlier, Canelo out GGG'd Golovkin and out landed him with powershots.

What I saw last night was Canelo mentally beating GGG, regardless of scorecards and what everyone thinks, in that ring GGG knows he was beaten. He was on the back foot huffing and puffing; his killer power wasn't effective and the boogieman was looking worried. If they truly believed they had won in there they would've been crying robbery like they did the first time but rather they are giving Canelo credit and Abel has even come out and said GGG didn't do enough to win clearly.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I cant understand why GGG didnt body punch in the rematch , that was the way to win inside the distance.

Thread Information