Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Canelo rescues his bloated and tainted legacy on the back of an aging old man who knows he has to knock out his opponent to win. This totally changes his strategy, and could lead to himself getting knocked out, since I doubt the titanium in Canelo's chin will have expired by then. Meanwhile the split only gets worse, to add insult to injury. Oh what the hell.....let's do it again.
I know where you're coming from, but how many big paydays does GGG have left? Canelo makes him the most money, he arguably defeated Canelo twice, even after some have mentioned he has slipped.

I'd love GGG to say screw it and go on a rampage against the likes of the Jacobs/ Devey winner, Saunders and Jermall, but he needs to look out for his family and health at the end of the day, and a 3rd Canelo fight should set that all up nicely. And hey there's nothing like revenge for motivation. Especially in GGG's case to this point.

GGG has a few quality fights left in him, he is still competing and arguably beating the younger guys in the division.

For me Canelo redeemed himself big time, he put on a hell of a performance against a division elite and a p4p guy, showed he has an amazing chin, and showed he is trouble for anyone in the division, he also tested clean (so far). What the judges, promoters etc do, can't all be put on Canelo, he's a fighter, he got in that ring and fought. And he fought well.

I hear ya, Alpha. But honestly..... how much of the purse for Canelo - GGG III do you think Fishnets is going to give him?

He caved to a 55-45 split off a drug suspension, suspicious draw in their first fight, and GGG still with the belts...... when he really wanted 70-30.

How much do you think he'd offer GGG now?

Yeah, Canelo redeemed himself somewhat. But let him fight other big, young guns in the division while remaining clean before we let him entirely off the hook.
It will still be bigger than if GGG fought anyone else.

We got 2 top fighters, who gave it their all and basically fought to a standstill. Who doesn't want to see that fight again? GGG's not getting any younger, the sooner the better for him. Canelo is ever improving and could silence the doubters with a convincing victory. With all the build up so far, fights 1 & 2, I think Canelo/ GGG III is a huge fight next May.

And to Ron, I think everyone acknowledges it was an excellent fight. But I'm fine with those who want to question and discuss the decision. Most feel there were enough close rounds that it could have gone either way. What better place to discuss it than here? We all love boxing, it's our passion, we get passionate about fights and fighters. It's what we do.
Discussion is great. Attempting to change the narrative is the problem. If you(don’t mean you by you) say it isn’t a robbery then say GGG needs a knockout to get a decision you are being a snake in the grass. I get some hate Canelo to no end. But people should be real, it was a very close fight and it was scored as a very close fight. Both men raised their profiles and some are upset about that.