Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Middleweight, what’s next?

Nice. That’s much better. Don’t need a third fight. I think Charlo beats GGG and hopefully gets a shot at Canelo. I’ve been waiting for Charlo to get his shot for a long time.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Nice. That’s much better. Don’t need a third fight. I think Charlo beats GGG and hopefully gets a shot at Canelo. I’ve been waiting for Charlo to get his shot for a long time.
    Effing agree 100%

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Is there any way in the world GGG can not be a martyr? He is supposed to fight Charlo to get a shot at going right back after the money fight. That is not a victim situation. That is for once a governing body doing exactly what’s right because

1)when champ they said they “would never fight Charlo” even though he was the mandatory. That’s BS

2)it is the fight boxing fans want and have wanted

3)boxing fans don’t care about Canelo, let him and the casual fans go do some Lemieux casual nonsense. Let the fighters fight. GGG/Charlo, fu$# yeah!
    Charlo hasn't done anything at 160, I had no problem with him having to wait for his shot.

I'm a boxing fan, and wood prefer Jacobs or Saunders over Charlo.

It's just a way fur the WBC and GBP to all pocket a little more before having to roll the dice again.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    Is Charlo ducking or being kept waiting....

Don't think we need to see GGG Canelo III
    I'd like to see a 3rd, the 2nd was a very good fight.

Charlo hasn't done anything at 160 yet.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a very good match up, but there is unfinished business with Canelo.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is there any way in the world GGG can not be a martyr? He is supposed to fight Charlo to get a shot at going right back after the money fight. That is not a victim situation. That is for once a governing body doing exactly what’s right because

1)when champ they said they “would never fight Charlo” even though he was the mandatory. That’s BS

3)boxing fans don’t care about Canelo, let him and the casual fans go do some Lemieux casual nonsense. Let the fighters fight. GGG/Charlo, fu$# yeah!
    Charlo hasn't done anything at 160, I had no problem with him having to wait for his shot.

It's just a way fur the WBC and GBP to all pocket a little more before having to roll the dice again.

Don't get me wrong, this is still a very good match up, but there is unfinished business with Canelo.
    He wouldn’t be fighting Canelo before May anyway. It’s a big PPV fight, they would give it the big platform. Makes more sense after 2 years of learning nothing about the division to learn who is really the best in the meantime. A Jacobs fight can’t be done in between. A Saunders fight can’t be done in between. A Charlo fight can be done in between. A key aspect that people need to look at is who has a platform to make a fight NOW. Charlo has the platform. GGG can 1 off on Showtime and see where Canelo goes, follow him to that network

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He wouldn’t be fighting Canelo before May anyway. It’s a big PPV fight, they would give it the big platform. Makes more sense after 2 years of learning nothing about the division to learn who is really the best in the meantime. A Jacobs fight can’t be done in between. A Saunders fight can’t be done in between. A Charlo fight can be done in between. A key aspect that people need to look at is who has a platform to make a fight NOW. Charlo has the platform. GGG can 1 off on Showtime and see where Canelo goes, follow him to that network
    If GGG was planning on sitting out until May for Canelo, then he could easily look elsewhere instead. The IBF title should be filled, the WBO title sound be filled and there is also Murata with the WBA.
    I like the Charlo fight, but GGG could easily walk straight into a title fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would rather see Pacquiao Mayweather rematch then a third fight between Triple G and Canelo

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would rather see Pacquiao Mayweather rematch then a third fight between Triple G and Canelo
    That's sad, at least GGG/Canelo 2 was a good fight.
    GGG should just target another title.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If GGG was planning on sitting out until May for Canelo, then he could easily look elsewhere instead. The IBF title should be filled, the WBO title sound be filled and there is also Murata with the WBA.
    Having the set fight completed isn’t the only obstacle to making a next fight. There is recovery time, and again, the platform. If Andrade wins, what network would a GGG/Andrade fight be on, if Saunders wins same question, if Jacobs wins what network, Derevyanchenko same question? That is a lot more negotiation that only comes after these fights are completed. But for a Charlo fight they can go to Showtime today and ask what they will pay and what date they have available. They are completely different circumstances. And Charlo is also the only option of the 5 potential opponents that can guarantee a shot at Canelo. So 1 option offers more guaranteed money and can be done now. To go around Charlo he would remove guaranteed money and wait. It’s quite clear what the best option is so if he doesn’t choose Charlo he comes off looking bad. This is exactly why I’m glad the WBC did this because GGGs team were quite clear repeatedly that they would never fight Charlo. This is the only way we can get a fight I want. So I’m all for it.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Having the set fight completed isn’t the only obstacle to making a next fight. There is recovery time, and again, the platform. If Andrade wins, what network would a GGG/Andrade fight be on, if Saunders wins same question, if Jacobs wins what network, Derevyanchenko same question? That is a lot more negotiation that only comes after these fights are completed. But for a Charlo fight they can go to Showtime today and ask what they will pay and what date they have available. They are completely different circumstances. And Charlo is also the only option of the 5 potential opponents that can guarantee a shot at Canelo. So 1 option offers more guaranteed money and can be done now. To go around Charlo he would remove guaranteed money and wait. It’s quite clear what the best option is so if he doesn’t choose Charlo he comes off looking bad. This is exactly why I’m glad the WBC did this because GGGs team were quite clear repeatedly that they would never fight Charlo. This is the only way we can get a fight I want. So I’m all for it.
    Wasn't it Sanchez who said they wouldn't fight Charlo?

I saw Charlo saying his next fight is in December, I doubt it will be GGG.

All the networks are scouting GGG, he can negotiate. Also Charlo has been extremely quite. He should be making a song and dance about Canelo and GGG.

And there's no guarantee for Canelo, we have already seen him drop a belt before, even tho he took flack for it. GBP and Canelo will do what suits them.

I do really want to see this fight, but Charlo should be getting a shot at Canelo (didn't the WBC say the winner of GGG/ Canelo had to face Charlo?) and GGG should be in an eliminator.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

All the networks are scouting GGG, he can negotiate. Also Charlo has been extremely quite. He should be making a song and dance about Canelo and GGG.

And there's no guarantee for Canelo, we have already seen him drop a belt before, even tho he took flack for it. GBP and Canelo will do what suits them.

I do really want to see this fight, but Charlo should be getting a shot at Canelo (didn't the WBC say the winner of GGG/ Canelo had to face Charlo?) and GGG should be in an eliminator.
    Shopping networks doesn’t speed things up, it slows them down. It’s exactly my point. Charlo is ready made to sign off right now.

And yes GGG should be in an eliminator, that was my point from the beginning that he is not getting a raw deal.

And yes, Charlo should not be in an eliminator, as I said from go if anyone is being treated unfairly it is Charlo. But I don’t care because I love the fight. GGG/Charlo would be awesome. All GGG has to do is agree. Charlo has the date, he is only waiting on GGG to get on board.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Shopping networks doesn’t speed things up, it slows them down. It’s exactly my point. Charlo is ready made to sign off right now.

And yes GGG should be in an eliminator, that was my point from the beginning that he is not getting a raw deal.

And yes, Charlo should not be in an eliminator, as I said from go if anyone is being treated unfairly it is Charlo. But I don’t care because I love the fight. GGG/Charlo would be awesome. All GGG has to do is agree. Charlo has the date, he is only waiting on GGG to get on board.
    I feel both guys are getting a raw deal, at the expense of Canelo. GGG more so in my opinion, first he got a raw deal with the judges, then the PEDs scandal and now he fights almost to a standstill in a fantastic fight and he has to fight an eliminator? What has Charlo done at 160 that is more impressive than GGG?

So Charlo is ready is he? I didn't see anywhere where he said he wants GGG next. Just that he was fighting in November, then he changed that to December. I doubt he wants GGG this year, but if you have a source I would appreciate it.

GGG needs to look for a network either way. What's the difference in negotiating time between Showtime and DAZN? Or ESPN for that matter?

He can probably make just as much, if not more for a Jacobs fight, than Charlo.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel both guys are getting a raw deal, at the expense of Canelo. GGG more so in my opinion, first he got a raw deal with the judges, then the PEDs scandal and now he fights almost to a standstill in a fantastic fight and he has to fight an eliminator? What has Charlo done at 160 that is more impressive than GGG?

So Charlo is ready is he? I didn't see anywhere where he said he wants GGG next. Just that he was fighting in November, then he changed that to December. I doubt he wants GGG this year, but if you have a source I would appreciate it.

GGG needs to look for a network either way. What's the difference in negotiating time between Showtime and DAZN? Or ESPN for that matter?

Charlo hasn’t done anything more impressive than GGG, but he has been the mandatory for more than a year. He shouldn’t have to fight another eliminator. But again, I don’t care because I like the fight.

As for is Charlo ready, I don’t know. That’s why I want this fight so much. I think Charlo might be the best MW in the world, or he might not be top 6. That’s why it’s intriguing, we learn something about the division.

As for sources on if Charlo wants GGG, he has said so for more than a year. Does he need to say it again, what changes if he says it again? We’ll know for sure soon enough. The Charlo’s aren’t shy. If he tells us an opponent tomorrow he doesn’t want it now, if he says he’s waiting on GGG we have to take him at his word. It’s been mandated. Let’s not act like the parties involved are just now finding out about these mandates. Porter and Thurman have been talking subtly about this for weeks, Spence clearly knew and was irate at the Garcia/Porter fight. Charlo has been hinting at this for months.

About networks, nobody is going to Dazn except people that don’t have options, ESPN either. Their annual budgets are too small and they don’t have the proper PPV platform. And no negotiation is needed with Showtime, he can go in for the Charlo fight on a one off and wait to see what Canelo does.

I’d like to know how he can make more for a Jacobs fight when Jacobs has no network. And a Jacobs fight doesn’t guarantee Canelo next. The argument Canelo could drop the belt makes no sense. GGG is the best money for Canelo, he knows GGG probably can’t KO him as he hasn’t been able to get Canelo in serious trouble in 24 rounds and GGG is getting older. And Canelo knows he can control the judges in this matchup. GGG may still be the best MW in the world but for Canelo he may just be the safest guy. Do you think Canelo is eager to get in with big fast guys like Jacobs/Charlo? A technician like Derevyanchenko that brings no money? Saunders who will bring no interest in the USA and moves a bunch? He can only find one guy as bad as Lemieux that people will buy into and that will be cleared out in December.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Charlo hasn’t done anything more impressive than GGG, but he has been the mandatory for more than a year. He shouldn’t have to fight another eliminator. But again, I don’t care because I like the fight.

As for is Charlo ready, I don’t know. That’s why I want this fight so much. I think Charlo might be the best MW in the world, or he might not be top 6. That’s why it’s intriguing, we learn something about the division.

As for sources on if Charlo wants GGG, he has said so for more than a year. Does he need to say it again, what changes if he says it again? We’ll know for sure soon enough. The Charlo’s aren’t shy. If he tells us an opponent tomorrow he doesn’t want it now, if he says he’s waiting on GGG we have to take him at his word. It’s been mandated. Let’s not act like the parties involved are just now finding out about these mandates. Porter and Thurman have been talking subtly about this for weeks, Spence clearly knew and was irate at the Garcia/Porter fight. Charlo has been hinting at this for months.

About networks, nobody is going to Dazn except people that don’t have options, ESPN either. Their annual budgets are too small and they don’t have the proper PPV platform. And no negotiation is needed with Showtime, he can go in for the Charlo fight on a one off and wait to see what Canelo does.

I’d like to know how he can make more for a Jacobs fight when Jacobs has no network. And a Jacobs fight doesn’t guarantee Canelo next. The argument Canelo could drop the belt makes no sense. GGG is the best money for Canelo, he knows GGG probably can’t KO him as he hasn’t been able to get Canelo in serious trouble in 24 rounds and GGG is getting older. And Canelo knows he can control the judges in this matchup. GGG may still be the best MW in the world but for Canelo he may just be the safest guy. Do you think Canelo is eager to get in with big fast guys like Jacobs/Charlo? A technician like Derevyanchenko that brings no money? Saunders who will bring no interest in the USA and moves a bunch? He can only find one guy as bad as Lemieux that people will buy into and that will be cleared out in December.
    So GGG can do a 1 off with Showtime but not DAZN? And I said probably as much, if not more. Not that it was a fact. I'm sure Hearn and DAZN have enough to entice GGG.

You were the one that said Charlo is ready now and that the fight can be made now, that's why I asked for sources, because he posted yesterday that he will be fighting in December, but no mention of opponent. I feel December is too soon for both really.

Canelo doesn't need the belt to fight GGG, the WBC needs them more than they need it.

Let's see how it plays out. GGG has options and doesn't need the WBC. Like you said, he is the biggest money fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

So GGG can do a 1 off with Showtime but not DAZN? And I said probably as much, if not more. Not that it was a fact. I'm sure Hearn and DAZN have enough to entice GGG.

You were the one that said Charlo is ready now and that the fight can be made now, that's why I asked for sources, because he posted yesterday that he will be fighting in December, but no mention of opponent. I feel December is too soon for both really.

Canelo doesn't need the belt to fight GGG, the WBC needs them more than they need it.

Let's see how it plays out. GGG has options and doesn't need the WBC. Like you said, he is the biggest money fight.
    DAZN has a budget of 25 million for all of 2019. That’s why I say it isn’t the place to go. If all of 2019 only has only 25 million as they report how much is there for 1 fight in 2018 on short notice? And this would involve negotiation for 2 parties. The Charlo fight is set to go. If a fight will be made late December/early January it needs to be done quickly. And a fight between needs to be done quickly for a return in May. I have no problem with a Jacobs fight if Jacobs looks good. Or Derevyanchenko for that matter. It’s just far more complicated and a bad look considering what Sanchez has said about Charlo.

As you have said we need to see how it goes. I just know which option I want most and which is easiest to get done and they are the same.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Too much quoting going on here it takes 5 minutes to scroll down through all the quotes before you get the next new comment

Thread Information