Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder - Staples Center, Los Angeles 1/12/18

It's going to be a sloppy dirty fight fight with more clinches than you can imagine and a lot of rabbit punches and wrestling and throwing each other to the ground

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Wilder can't sell tickets (even those 15,000 numbers are bollocks as it covers all the "comps" (freebees) not the actual sales) however, he is the most WATCHED fighter on Showtime, his fight with Ortiz broke his previous record (1.1m - Stiverne). And more watched than all the non-ppv HBO fighters too.

So it's silly to pretend he's a nobody, he's more popular with Americans than - Crawford, M. Garcia, Kovalev, Spence, Ward, Broner, Loma, Porter, D. Garcia, etc.

And selling 7,000 tickets - even in your hometown - is solid by any "normal" fighters standards. However, when compared with PPV stars like Joshua, Canelo, Floyd and Pac it's absolute peanuts, as they are PPV stars too (doing a million+ BUYS), as well as selling out stadiums and Vegas (where one ticket is worth more than 20 normal ones).

If Wilder wasn't a big draw on TV he wouldn't even be considered for PPV. He is doing alright.
    That 1.1-1.2 million was going against HBO and a UFC PPV as well.

People just don’t seem to want to acknowledge that TV is where the money is, not gate. If Wilder/Fury does 500k at 70-90$ that is 35 to 45 million generated. Put another 8-10 from gate and they’ve made huge money.

What you’ve (the boxer) made is irrelevant to what you currently make. Floyd only made 1 million for a long time, then he made 20, then 40, then 200 over time. It didn’t matter that he only made 1 earlier. If Wilder walks away with an exciting win that generates him 20 million AND raises his profile AJs offer will need to be GREATER than 20 million. This is why Eddie is saying negotiations need to be done BEFORE Dec 1st.(huge roadblock) If they go to the table after Dec 1st it’s with completely different numbers.

Let’s just hope for a good fight December 1st that leads to a good fight in April. Fury is completely capable of stinking the place out with his size, movement and compared to Wilder, skill.
    At a risk of feeling like Groundhog Day, if Wilder’s stock will be so high, of course Wilder and his team can offer TEAM AJ can’t they?
    Btw, with reference to your “it’s not where you start it’s where you finish” theory, what would you prefer?
    EXAMPLE A
    5 fights as follows :
    10 Million
    15 Million
    20 Million
    20 Million
    30 Million
    Or EXAMPLE B.
    1 Million
    1 Million
    2 Million
    20 Million
    30 Million

It’s ok, i’ll wait.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Wilder can't sell tickets (even those 15,000 numbers are bollocks as it covers all the "comps" (freebees) not the actual sales) however, he is the most WATCHED fighter on Showtime, his fight with Ortiz broke his previous record (1.1m - Stiverne). And more watched than all the non-ppv HBO fighters too.

So it's silly to pretend he's a nobody, he's more popular with Americans than - Crawford, M. Garcia, Kovalev, Spence, Ward, Broner, Loma, Porter, D. Garcia, etc.

And selling 7,000 tickets - even in your hometown - is solid by any "normal" fighters standards. However, when compared with PPV stars like Joshua, Canelo, Floyd and Pac it's absolute peanuts, as they are PPV stars too (doing a million+ BUYS), as well as selling out stadiums and Vegas (where one ticket is worth more than 20 normal ones).

If Wilder wasn't a big draw on TV he wouldn't even be considered for PPV. He is doing alright.

People just don’t seem to want to acknowledge that TV is where the money is, not gate. If Wilder/Fury does 500k at 70-90$ that is 35 to 45 million generated. Put another 8-10 from gate and they’ve made huge money.

What you’ve (the boxer) made is irrelevant to what you currently make. Floyd only made 1 million for a long time, then he made 20, then 40, then 200 over time. It didn’t matter that he only made 1 earlier. If Wilder walks away with an exciting win that generates him 20 million AND raises his profile AJs offer will need to be GREATER than 20 million. This is why Eddie is saying negotiations need to be done BEFORE Dec 1st.(huge roadblock) If they go to the table after Dec 1st it’s with completely different numbers.

Let’s just hope for a good fight December 1st that leads to a good fight in April. Fury is completely capable of stinking the place out with his size, movement and compared to Wilder, skill.
    At a risk of feeling like Groundhog Day, if Wilder’s stock will be so high, of course Wilder and his team can offer TEAM AJ can’t they?
    Btw, with reference to your “it’s not where you start it’s where you finish” theory, what would you prefer?
    EXAMPLE A
    5 fights as follows :
    10 Million
    15 Million
    20 Million
    20 Million
    30 Million
    Or EXAMPLE B.
    1 Million
    1 Million
    2 Million
    20 Million
    30 Million

It’s ok, i’ll wait.
    Obviously the first. But it has ABSOLUTELY NO BARING on negotiations for his next fight. This is 2 people acknowledging the FACT that Wilder gets great TV ratings. And then you trying to switch the point.

And your other point is equally irrelevant. It doesn’t matter what Wilder offers AJ, that’s already proven since Wilder already made a more than fair offer. What matters is that AJ comes back with a fair offer, which he has yet to do.

Any other irrelevant things you want to talk about?
    Last edited by Ron Swanson; 09-27-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sure AJ overpaid Charles Martin to fight for the belt but he took the risk because the reward was high. He should bite the bullet and do the same against Wilder because the reward as the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world will be worth the money in the long run.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post

EXAMPLE A
    5 fights as follows :
    10 Million
    15 Million
    20 Million
    20 Million
    30 Million
    Or EXAMPLE B.
    1 Million
    1 Million
    2 Million
    20 Million
    30 Million

It’s ok, i’ll wait.
    Obviously the first. But it has ABSOLUTELY NO BARING on negotiations for his next fight. This is 2 people acknowledging the FACT that Wilder gets great TV ratings. And then you trying to switch the point.

And your other point is equally irrelevant. It doesn’t matter what Wilder offers AJ, that’s already proven since Wilder already made a more than fair offer. What matters is that AJ comes back with a fair offer, which he has yet to do.

Any other irrelevant things you want to talk about?
    "ABSOLUTELY NO BARING (sic)" of course it has a fucking BEARING! you said yourself that Floyd wasn't always a $200 million fighter. That's right, but he got there by taking the short end of the stick against people like Oscar, because they were the "A-Side"! I know that's horseshit, but it's the way it is. Floyd had to beat him to then become the "A-Side". it wasn't necessarily about who the best boxer was , it was a historical thing that has to built up.
    now Joshua might be a better Boxer than Fury or Wilder, he might not. But Financially , he is the Money. So it obviously has a bearing on future negotiations.
    Now Fury and Wilder can fight each other once, twice , ten times, but they are still not close to the Money Joshua earns.
    Joshua doesn't have to go to the States as his earnings are massive here for fighting the Takams , Parkers , Povetkins and Whytes of this World. Bigger than anything Fury and Wilder can muster by fighting each other, and they are already playing catch up , because his dough is in the bank already.
    I'm not saying that this is right and fair, but it's the way it is.
    Finally, you talked about Matchroom's credibility in negotiations , but look at the Amateurish way that this Wilder/Fury business has unfolded. Allegedly , there's a press conference on Monday to "Announce" the date of December 1st.
    Firstly , I'll believe it when I see it. Secondly that leaves them a ridiculously short period of time , 2 months to have training camps and marketing what is the biggest fight in both fighter's lives . That cannot benefit anybody surely? and thirdly , they (and you) had the gall to criticize Hearn/Matchroom's behaviour in all of this.
    the marketing to date has consisted of :
    Frank Warren bleating "It's on" a month ago and "It's 99% done" 3 weeks ago and yet still nothing.
    Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury spurting out shit on their phones while driving or lying in bed and posting it on Social Media!!!
    bunch of Amateur Clowns, the lot of them.
    Last edited by Primo Carnera; 09-28-2018 at 07:26 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Dillian Whyte is now making the same if not more than Wilder.
    Whyte got around £1.3 million for the Parker fight.
    Wilder is being mugged right off
    Whyte just headlined a 400,000 selling PPV at a packed 02. If Wilder is on £1.5 million for non-PPV maybe Whyte is getting mugged off? - (Different markets)
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    I am sure AJ overpaid Charles Martin to fight for the belt but he took the risk because the reward was high. He should bite the bullet and do the same against Wilder because the reward as the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world will be worth the money in the long run.
    That is why you should pay smashup right now and bite the bullet yourself. After you knock him out you will become The Supreme Mod of Saddo.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don't understand why fans debate money in boxing. Personally I think every fight should be 50-50 as both men are always putting their life on the line and doing something for the other guy. I know it sounds commie, but that's how I feel about it. At the top when it is SO MUCH MONEY I find it pathetic that is what it all boils down to. GGG-Canelo should be 50-50. What's the problem? Greedy to say I want more because I have had more money spent on marketing thus more people know me. Just share the pot you drug cheating Prince Harry wannabe.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I agree with Miles here I have not ever one time thought of money when it comes to boxing I mean yes just in passing I might mention that so and so is going to make 20 million but it is the last thing on my mind because this is about the fight itself one mass of testosterone against another. It is about the fight it is about the grit and determination and being a warrior

All you people talking about money why don't you all just go get a job in the bank or something with walrus

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    I don't understand why fans debate money in boxing. Personally I think every fight should be 50-50 as both men are always putting their life on the line and doing something for the other guy. I know it sounds commie, but that's how I feel about it. At the top when it is SO MUCH MONEY I find it pathetic that is what it all boils down to. GGG-Canelo should be 50-50. What's the problem? Greedy to say I want more because I have had more money spent on marketing thus more people know me. Just share the pot you drug cheating Prince Harry wannabe.
    Of Course Miles, you're not completely wrong, but we don't live in a ideal World unfortunately. I wouldn't necessarily say 50-50 because there has to be a sport/motivational element , but I would say that each fighter should get 30% of the total purse and the winner get the remaining 40%. But like I said , we don't live in an ideal world , and consequently this is why Communism doesn't work. it's because of the Human race, we're all a bunch of greedy bastards!
    love the last sentence though !

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Except he clearly is completely wrong..... If every fight was 50/50 where is the incentive for anyone to get to a high level, or remain there? I know you’ve said as much yourself in that post, but why precurse it like that? If we weren’t greedy bastards we wouldn’t watch guys beat each other up, period.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok so now that the fight is official, can we get back to the WBC and the clean boxing program?

Fury is in their ratings, it's a championship fight.

Has Fury enrolled yet? Or will this just be swept under the carpet?

No 'Fury' fans have bothered to touch on this, each time I have brought it up since Aug.

Do we really care about testing? Or only when a fighter we don't like us involved?
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The incentive would be vecause the prize money of 15 million dollars at the top is greater than the 5000 dollars starting out. How far you go depends on how good you get. If a champ wants an easy tune up then make a smaller name rich and lower his own level. If the champ wants a big fight his own purse will automatically go up due to the reputation ofhis opponent and himself. All this 55:45 stuff is gay.

Communism is when we all earn the same for the same work.My theory is not that. Journeymen will be on journeymen wages. Top fighters will be on top wages. It's just that we actually respect all people who end up in there with the top dog. If the top dog wants to stay top then no tune ups or pissing about. The motivation is in winning 10 million plus every time. If that cannot motivate you then go to college and do something else.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury will snort Coke between Rds 3 and 4 and ~KNOCKOUT@~ the Atomic windmill

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    The incentive would be vecause the prize money of 15 million dollars at the top is greater than the 5000 dollars starting out. How far you go depends on how good you get. If a champ wants an easy tune up then make a smaller name rich and lower his own level. If the champ wants a big fight his own purse will automatically go up due to the reputation ofhis opponent and himself. All this 55:45 stuff is gay.

Communism is when we all earn the same for the same work.My theory is not that. Journeymen will be on journeymen wages. Top fighters will be on top wages. It's just that we actually respect all people who end up in there with the top dog. If the top dog wants to stay top then no tune ups or pissing about. The motivation is in winning 10 million plus every time. If that cannot motivate you then go to college and do something else.
    I think you’re well smart enough to realize how dumb what you initially posted was. If not, I’d just implore you to look for some consistency between that and what you just did post. If that escapes you, nobody can help you.

Thread Information