Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Fury v Wilder - Staples Center, Los Angeles 1/12/18

Interesting numbers. Both fighters were landing little whence me thinking it was nip and tuck. It appears to have been the case in most of the rounds actually. A clear round is where someone lands 20-11 or 15-10 or something like that. There were really no rounds like that. Wilder landing one punch in one round was odd. I remember thinking he was spent in that round and then somehow he summoned round 12. I am not sure why he did not quite bring it all to the table. Landing in double digits in only 2 rounds is not enough.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

DEONTAY WILDER VS. TYSON FURY TRACKING AT OVER 300,00 PAY-PER-VIEW BUYS

https://www.ringtv.com/549226-deonta...per-view-buys/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    50 dollar bet he blames a hurt hand...
    Called it . Said it after Stiverne too I think.

Him and his people and reporters need to get the story straight though. There are different direct quotes from him where he says he broke his arm and had surgery ...and another where he said he broke his hand "but doesn't like the make excuses".

The hand https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/12/...-training-camp
    Let me correct that, according to the post fight press conference he is a man of "few excuses"
    Last edited by Manos de Piedra; 12-06-2018 at 07:15 AM.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WE GO AGAIN Deontay Wilder names potential dates for Tyson Fury rematch, promises second fight will happen

It sounds like we can expect to see round 13 next year

Deontay Wilder has stated that he wants to rematch Tyson Fury in March or April 2019.

The pair fought to a controversial draw on Saturday night – with many thinking the Brit should have got the verdict – and the Bronze Bomber wants to answer all questions about his performance.

“I’m willing and ready to give Fury the opportunity asap,” said Wilder.

“It’s only right to give Fury a rematch as soon as possible. I’m ready whenever he’s ready to do it, I’m ready to give the fans what they wanna see and end this talk once and for all.

“I don’t know how this man got up. He don’t even know how he got up. I believe God got this man up for the rematch.

“He woke up from hell and I’m willing to put him back there.”

Tyson Fury suggested soon after the bout that Deontay Wilder may not want to share the ring with him again, however the American has now publicly assured him this is not the case.

The WBC champion wants to return next spring to settle the score.

“Some people feel like I don’t want the rematch,” Wilder continued, “Why would I not? I’m the baddest man on the planet.

“Early next year, I’m ready to go, maybe March, maybe April. I don’t want no-one else.“

However, Stephen Espinoza of US fight broadcaster Showtime is sceptical over these potential dates and added: “May would be great, June would be great. Personally, April sounds a little quick to me.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-fury-rematch/
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

people talk about what if emanuel steward trained deontay wilder. wilder does thing where he will stand there and do nothing but rock his upper body left to right for, i would say, a solid 20 seconds. that would have drove steward absolutely insane.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

WE GO AGAIN Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury: WBC vote in favour of sanctioning immediate rematch

The heavyweights fought to a disputed draw on Saturday night, but will get to face each other again next year

The WBC have voted unanimously in favour of sanctioning an immediate rematch between Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

On Saturday night, the pair battled out a twelve-round epic which was controversially scored a draw by the three judges at ringside.

However, now Wilder and Fury look set to go at it again, with the governing body giving their backing to a second fight – as well as both camps stating that they want a direct return next.

WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman stated: “The World Boxing Council conducted a vote through the Board of Governors, which resulted in a unanimous agreement to sanction a direct rematch between WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury.

“Wilder and Fury gave boxing one of the best fights in the heavyweight division in a long time, which has created tremendous popular demand for the fans to see a rematch.

“The WBC is happy to confirm that a direct rematch has been approved and will create in a ruling which will also consider the mandatory status of the division.

“I wish to once again congratulate Deontay Wilder and Tyson Fury for their great battle inside the ring and for the exemplary sportsmanship after the bout.”

There were cries from the boxing community saying Fury was robbed of victory by the judges despite the fact he was knocked to the canvas by the Bronze Bomber on two occasions.

Fury’s promoter Frank Warren and the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) lodged a complaint over the scoring of the fight while also demanding a rematch.

And it looks like they’ve got their wish after the WBC’s decision.

Wilder was due to face fellow American Dominic Brezeale next as a mandatory but this latest decision overrides a Wilder v Brezeale bout.

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...diate-rematch/

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tyson Fury has cracked America after controversial Deontay Wilder draw ‘sets heavyweight division alive again’

Tyson Fury's controversial draw with Deontay Wilder will make him a major star in America - just like Lennox Lewis.

Former manager Kellie Maloney watched in disbelief as Fury suffered a carbon-copy of the judging robbery suffered by Lewis against Evander Holyfield.

But she says the uproar will help make Fury's name in the USA as it did with Lewis who went on to beat Holyfield in a re-match and become undisputed world heavyweight champion.

Maloney said: "I couldn't believe my eyes as I watched the Fury fight on TV. It was a complete flashback. A real case of deja vu. It all came flooding back to me.

"But the row about the draw made Lennox a bigger name in the USA and they will all be talking about Fury over there now. They will all want to see a re-match with Wilder. They've set the heavyweight division alive again."

Fury's challenge for Wilder's WBC belt in Los Angeles was ruled all square as a split draw.

Canadian judge Robert Tapper scored it 114-111 to Fury and Mexican Alejandr Rochin declared it 115 -111 in favour of Wilder - with Englishman Phil Edwards confirming the draw at 113-113.

The same fate hit reigning WBC champion Lewis at New York's Madison Square Garden in March, 1999 in his first world title unification clash with Holyfield, who held the WBA and IBF titles.

There was mayhem after American judge Eugenia Williams scored it 115-113 for Holyfield and South African Stanley Christodoulou handed in his card 116-113 to Lewis, with Englishman Larry O'Connell calling it level at 115-115.

The row made front page news in the city with even Mayor Rudi Giuliani chipping in to call the result "a travesty" against Lewis, while heavyweight great George Foreman branded it "a shame."

The sanctioning bodies immediately ordered a re-match and Lewis won on points in Las Vegas the following November - watched by a travelling army of 10,000 Brits.

Kellie, 64, was known as Frank during 13 years as manager of Londoner Lewis but underwent gender re-assignment surgery in 2014.

She added: "There has even been an English judge scoring the Fury fight a draw just as there was with Lennox.

"I remember standing in the ring at Madison Square Garden waiting for the result - and it was Larry O'Connell's score read out last to make it a draw, just as it was with Fury and Phil Edwards.

"Lennox was already a name in America because he was world champion but most people there agreed that he had been robbed and it made the re-match huge. Holyfield was a national hero so it made massive news. New York went crazy.

"Now this is history repeating itself totally.

"There was only one winner that night in New York - Lennox. And there was only one winner in LA - Fury.

"There will have to be a re-match. It is the fight everyone wants to see now. They have shifted the ground in the heavyweight division with this result. Anthony Joshua will be on the back-burner for a while now.

"Las Vegas will be biting their hands off to stage the return because it will be big in the USA and they know thousands of Brits will go out for it.

"This is the first time I have been excited about a heavyweight fight since the Lewis days.

"We have big stadium fights here but if Vegas want it, you can't beat them."

Maloney insisted that Fury gave Wilder a boxing lesson but was disappointed in the American's tactics - although Wilder has since revealed that he suffered a broken arm during training camp.

She added: "Wilder was just trying to throw big right hands and nothing else. Why didn't they tell him to work behind the jab?

"It was poor. He was just relying on one punch.

"Lennox had a big right hand but it always came after a jab. That's why he was so good.

"Fury was very clever and gave Wilder a lesson in trickery. And I was surprised how fit Tyson was after all his problems.

"If Fury had thrown more punches he could have stopped him

"He looks unbeatable already. If he worked the jab more, nobody could live with him.

"My only worry is about him staying disciplined. I didn't like hearing his trainer say that they now needed a long rest. I would have him back in the gym after a week to keep him focussed."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/tys...090600518.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Offical highlights, pretty good.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

THE WEIGH TO GO ‘Somebody is going to get hurt’ – Deontay Wilder reveals how he will KO Tyson Fury in rematch

The 'Bronze Bomber' was largely contained by Fury during their first fight in Los Angeles on December 1

Deontay Wilder has revealed he plans to put on TWO STONE before his proposed rematch with Tyson Fury in 2019.

The WBC agreed to sanction a second bout between the pair in the New Year after their first fight was controversially declared a draw.

Despite being outboxed for large parts of the fight, Wilder still managed to use his freakish power to put Fury on the canvas twice in the fight.

However, the ‘Bronze Bomber’ admitted he wants to get even bigger than his 15 stone 2lb frame and be able to hit harder than ever before if they do meet in Spring 2019 as is being discussed.

He said: “We gonna adjust the weight.

“We gonna do a lot of things. Especially with the weight. Because these guys have out-weighed me the majority of my career.

“My goal was always to be 245, that’s what my goal has always been. But somebody’s gonna get hurt.

“If weight brings big-man power, and I already had the power and the speed, somebody gonna get hurt.

“So if people wanna see me put on weight and someone get hurt, then so be it.”

Although he appeared to be carrying lots of excess skin in the fight in Los Angeles, Fury’s stamina and cardio proved to be in excellent condition at the Staples Center.

The ‘Gypsy King’ is back in the gym already ahead of his the touted rematch, clearly keen to keep off the weight he piled on during his absence from the ring.

And, speaking on the Joe Rogan Experience, Wilder said: “He sent me a video of him back in the gym!

“And I just hit back ‘Likewise’ and it’s crazy because his mindset is being back in the gum and mine is just the same way.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-fury-rematch/

Thread Information