Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC 229 Khabib vs Mcgregor

This analysis shows Conor throwing the first punch to start the melee that ensued inside the Octagon.

The UFC will probably use this incident to hype a rematch just like they did with the bus attack footage for this fight.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Haven’t watched it yet but it sounds like it would have been interesting
    Click on the links I posted.
    thanks master I’m having a very busy weekend but checked out the first round interesting how Connor was tied up in such a way. I watch 0 ufc but may start paying more attention
    I honestly thought the fight was boring, 2 men rolling on the floor for 10 minutes I was fed up.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Blimey, imagine if phone cameras were around when JFK was shot, 50 years after the Zapruder film within hours we have a second by second breakdown of a punchup at a sports event.

Right, so Connor did clip the Isis bloke, who clearly wasn't jumping on the fence to behead him, however, it was all a bit half-hearted and under control until the other two Isis cunts started attacking him, then the original Isis beardy joined back in (ironically it looked like Connor was trying to snap his head off at the end, which I know is a choke out/hold or something for you UFC dudes).

Great stuff.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This was the first time I'd watched a UFC card. I'd seen fights before obviously but not a whole card. There were some brutal stoppages. I don't know the names but one guy got put out with several elbows that made a proper crunching sound against the floor, pretty tasty. The big black dude that looked like he wanted to quit for practically the whole fight was probably my favourite. It was like Bob Sapp coming back and winning a fight he had no business winning.

The Khabib McGregor fight was a good watch. No heads bouncing off the floor but from a technical standpoint (I'll pretend I know what they're doing on the floor) it was a good watch. I thought McGregor did well to last as long as he did and there was a glimmer towards the end of the 3rd and start of the 4th where it looked like the picture of the fight might have been changing. He was defending the take downs pretty good, turning it into more of a boxing match. Maybe Khabib was just having a breather.

When a bloke takes out his gum shield, throws it at his target and attempts to Larry Holmes some fucker on the outside, you really don't need to be looking any further for the source of the trouble do you? McGregor has played his part in the circus many times, but the fucker was on his arse when Khabib went spastic. Soon livened up when the aggro kicked off didn't he I'd have punched that bloke as well to be fair, he wasn't going over the top to be peacemaker now was he.

It has been quite funny to see the boxing fraternity 'disgusted' with the scenes.
    Last edited by Memphis; 10-09-2018 at 08:53 AM.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How much off this mess was a set up for press? Now I’m not a UFC guy but it looked to me like Connor got his ass kicked. That terrorist dude was all over him.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I watched this Sunday morning on YouTube.

First ufc fightbi have watched apart from highlight clips.

I get it till they start rolling round on the floor then I’m just bored. Don’t think I’ll be watching another.

But that aside the post fight events were mental tv entertainment.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mma...id=mailsignout

Damn. They're considering taking Khabib's entire $2 million fight purse away from him. I mean I agree he should be fined and suspended, but he should get to keep part of his purse just for shutting up McGregor.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

Damn. They're considering taking Khabib's entire $2 million fight purse away from him. I mean I agree he should be fined and suspended, but he should get to keep part of his purse just for shutting up McGregor.
    Even Tyson only got 10% of his purse taken for biting Holyfield.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post

That's wrong. He should be fined or a percentage could be taken but not the whole purse.

Conor should get fined too for punching Khabib's brother and instigating the arse kicking he took.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor McGregor confirms he'll return to boxing, and wants to fight the guy who has been mercilessly trolling him for over 12 months

Conor McGregor is just one fight into a new six-fight UFC deal.
    But that has not stopped him from talking up his chances of returning to the boxing ring, as he wants to rematch Floyd Mayweather and fight his former sparring partner Paulie Malignaggi.
    Malignaggi has been trolling McGregor for over a year, and once said he would be willing to fight the Irishman if the demand was there to see it.
    With McGregor on board, he may finally have his wish.
    Conor McGregor has confirmed he plans on returning to the ring for more boxing rules contests.

The Irish striker, the biggest name in mixed martial arts, took a break from UFC to challenge the unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather in a landmark crossover bout last year.

McGregor was easily beaten and stopped on his feet in the 10th round of the fight last August. He has since returned to UFC, but his comeback at UFC 229 on October 6 was unsuccessful as he was dominated by lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, dropped in the second round by a thudding right hand, and submitted in the fourth.

The Nurmagomedov fight was McGregor's first in a new six-fight deal with UFC but even though he is committed to the premier cage-fighting firm, he seemingly has unfinished business in boxing.

30-year-old McGregor was at the TD Garden in Boston to support his compatriot Katie Taylor, who defended her IBF and WBA world female lightweight belts on Saturday by beating Cindy Serrano on points.

While backstage, he was asked by YouTube boxing channel Fight Hype about whether he would rematch Mayweather, or if he wanted to box his former sparring partner Paulie Malignaggi. McGregor's answer was positive. He wants "both of them," he said.

Speaking to iFL TV recently, Malignaggi called McGregor a "quitter" and a "p----" for begging Nurmagomedov "to take it easy" on him in the middle of the fight.

And his comments have progressed.

Ahead of the Mayweather fight, Malignaggi gave insight into what training life was like in McGregor's camp — and he told the world the Irishman's greatest weakness is that he "whimpers" whenever he is hit hard on the body.

Traditionally, there's an unspoken code in boxing that whatever happens in training camp stays in training camp. If tactics or weaknesses are revealed, an opponent could benefit from that inside knowledge. Malignaggi broke that golden rule by exposing a potential strategy and a clear weakness.

Things weren't always so sour between the two athletes. In fact, their relationship was initially a good one as McGregor recruited the American as a sparring partner to help him train and get ready for boxing Mayweather in Las Vegas in 2017.

But Malignaggi only stayed for a couple of days in camp, as McGregor's team released footage of their sparring sessions which included an image of Malignaggi on the floor — with McGregor towering over him.

Malignaggi has not forgiven McGregor for releasing the clip, and has spoken ill of him ever since. Last year, he even told The MMA hour, a show produced by MMAFighting.com, that he wanted to fight McGregor if there was a demand from fans to see it.

It looks like McGregor may grant him his wish.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/con...152000066.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Conor McGregor confirms he'll return to boxing, and wants to fight the guy who has been mercilessly trolling him for over 12 months

Conor McGregor is just one fight into a new six-fight UFC deal.
    But that has not stopped him from talking up his chances of returning to the boxing ring, as he wants to rematch Floyd Mayweather and fight his former sparring partner Paulie Malignaggi.
    Malignaggi has been trolling McGregor for over a year, and once said he would be willing to fight the Irishman if the demand was there to see it.
    With McGregor on board, he may finally have his wish.
    Conor McGregor has confirmed he plans on returning to the ring for more boxing rules contests.

The Irish striker, the biggest name in mixed martial arts, took a break from UFC to challenge the unbeaten boxer Floyd Mayweather in a landmark crossover bout last year.

McGregor was easily beaten and stopped on his feet in the 10th round of the fight last August. He has since returned to UFC, but his comeback at UFC 229 on October 6 was unsuccessful as he was dominated by lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov, dropped in the second round by a thudding right hand, and submitted in the fourth.

The Nurmagomedov fight was McGregor's first in a new six-fight deal with UFC but even though he is committed to the premier cage-fighting firm, he seemingly has unfinished business in boxing.

30-year-old McGregor was at the TD Garden in Boston to support his compatriot Katie Taylor, who defended her IBF and WBA world female lightweight belts on Saturday by beating Cindy Serrano on points.

While backstage, he was asked by YouTube boxing channel Fight Hype about whether he would rematch Mayweather, or if he wanted to box his former sparring partner Paulie Malignaggi. McGregor's answer was positive. He wants "both of them," he said.

Speaking to iFL TV recently, Malignaggi called McGregor a "quitter" and a "p----" for begging Nurmagomedov "to take it easy" on him in the middle of the fight.

And his comments have progressed.

Ahead of the Mayweather fight, Malignaggi gave insight into what training life was like in McGregor's camp — and he told the world the Irishman's greatest weakness is that he "whimpers" whenever he is hit hard on the body.

Traditionally, there's an unspoken code in boxing that whatever happens in training camp stays in training camp. If tactics or weaknesses are revealed, an opponent could benefit from that inside knowledge. Malignaggi broke that golden rule by exposing a potential strategy and a clear weakness.

Things weren't always so sour between the two athletes. In fact, their relationship was initially a good one as McGregor recruited the American as a sparring partner to help him train and get ready for boxing Mayweather in Las Vegas in 2017.

But Malignaggi only stayed for a couple of days in camp, as McGregor's team released footage of their sparring sessions which included an image of Malignaggi on the floor — with McGregor towering over him.

Malignaggi has not forgiven McGregor for releasing the clip, and has spoken ill of him ever since. Last year, he even told The MMA hour, a show produced by MMAFighting.com, that he wanted to fight McGregor if there was a demand from fans to see it.

It looks like McGregor may grant him his wish.

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/con...152000066.html

Even a powderpuff, retired, C class fighter in Malignaggi will beat that pretender. Khabib, who has below average stand up for MMA standards, put him on his arse then he has no chance at winning a boxing fight against anyone half decent. We saw against Floyd how he can barely throw a proper punch.
    Last edited by Manos de Piedra; 10-30-2018 at 04:51 AM.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

sterling96 Guest

Hope Mcgregor gets battered, he conned the boxing world and run off back to his real sport.
    he got battered terribly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

that was my all time favorite match, but khabib should have hold on his nerves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

i still remember that fight i had 3 days in my new gym and i was practicing with a pro fighter at gym i bought new mma gloves and it was not getting proper grip which i used to had, the pro fighter broke my nose on the same day when ufc 229 was.

Thread Information