Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default UFC 229 Khabib vs Mcgregor

They've just had their final press conference and the fight is on 6th October.

Anyone interested? Any thoughts?
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: UFC 229 Khabib vs Mcgregor

Hope Mcgregor gets battered, he conned the boxing world and run off back to his real sport.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I hope so too. But the problem is that the fight starts standing up and Connor's stand up is the best in the UFC (it was shite pitty pats in boxing) and Khabib's stand up is piss poor. Chin in the air walking straight ahead on the centre line. On the flip side Khabib is a beast with his wrestling so if he gets a hold of Connor, which he most likely will, he will maul Connor.

I think it depends on Connor landing a big punch early because if he doesn't it's over for him, he has stamina issues and will get mauled.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hope Mcgregor gets battered, he conned the boxing world and run off back to his real sport.
    He conned the boxing world and he now gets credit for going ten rounds with an aged retired Floyd who was coasting.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

El Kabong Guest

Really? Conor conned the boxing world? .....that one is on Floyd and it's because he's a master manipulator and storyteller (Ironic since people like 50Cent crack on him for not being able to read).

Pick'em fight really...Khabib is bigger but will look for the takedown immediately, Conor is going to just try and dance and potshot and stuff takedowns all things he's brilliant at.

I don't like him at all, but I think Conor takes a decision after a scary moment or two.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Really? Conor conned the boxing world? .....that one is on Floyd and it's because he's a master manipulator and storyteller (Ironic since people like 50Cent crack on him for not being able to read).

Pick'em fight really...Khabib is bigger but will look for the takedown immediately, Conor is going to just try and dance and potshot and stuff takedowns all things he's brilliant at.

I don't like him at all, but I think Conor takes a decision after a scary moment or two.
    Conor played his part by badly impersonating a boxer.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Conor played his part by badly impersonating a boxer.
    Did the 0-0 record fool ya?

Dude it's like the NFL player Jalen Ramsey saying he could make it in the NHL and he's never ice skated a single second in his life.....nah buddy.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

This fight is 50/50
    Either an early blast out for Conor , or Kabib mauls him to submission.
    A good friend of mine is a MMA he is big on Kabib , we have a free beer/wine whiskey for the day booze up bet riding on the outcome.
    So i hope Conor wins or I'm out ££££££££££

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    This fight is 50/50
    Either an early blast out for Conor , or Kabib mauls him to submission.
    A good friend of mine is a MMA he is big on Kabib , we have a free beer/wine whiskey for the day booze up bet riding on the outcome.
    So i hope Conor wins or I'm out ££££££££££
    Yeah I agree, I think it's a real 50/50.

I'm with Khabib on this one, not to put you out of pocket, just because I don't like Connor.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Now what I know about MMA , you could write on the back of a postage stamp, but I really hope this Khabib fella is good and batters McGregor.
    But the point of this post is to highlight to all those people who say Boxing is dying and MMA is taking over, that there have been less than a dozen posts on this fight of the year and with the fight a week away, the last post was virtually a week ago.
    #justsaying
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Now what I know about MMA , you could write on the back of a postage stamp, but I really hope this Khabib fella is good and batters McGregor.
    But the point of this post is to highlight to all those people who say Boxing is dying and MMA is taking over, that there have been less than a dozen posts on this fight of the year and with the fight a week away, the last post was virtually a week ago.
    #justsaying
    Boxing will never die.

Long live BOXING!

But it is a boxing forum and I'm assuming not many of us here are knowledgeable on MMA so we stay away. I assuming if you were to go on a MMA forum then it will be buzzing.

I do agree with you, considering it is being called the biggest fight in UFC history, there isn't a huge amount going on. Compare it to the biggest fight in boxing, May vs Pac, then it is being dwarfed.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    #justsaying
    Boxing will never die.

Long live BOXING!

But it is a boxing forum and I'm assuming not many of us here are knowledgeable on MMA so we stay away. I assuming if you were to go on a MMA forum then it will be buzzing.

I do agree with you, considering it is being called the biggest fight in UFC history, there isn't a huge amount going on. Compare it to the biggest fight in boxing, May vs Pac, then it is being dwarfed.
    Fair point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I m in love with watching UFC, in this Saturday I will Watch UFC 229 Khabib vs McGregor live online match, I m supporting McGregor, what you think who will be the man of the match between them.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Neil_Hines View Post
    I m in love with watching UFC, in this Saturday I will Watch UFC 229 Khabib vs McGregor live online match, I m supporting McGregor, what you think who will be the man of the match between them.
    I think that whoever gets the most touchdowns will be Man of the Match , unless the other guy scores more goals.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Constable khabib makes MacGregor submit, the guy who you have to kill to beat and so on.... :S... good work MacGregor is very annoying

Thread Information