Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
I’d like to see the weight stuff stop being referenced in regards to GGG/Jacobs. Jacobs didn’t fight for the IBF belt so he didn’t have to do the 2nd weigh in. He made weight for the fight
It was still an advantage for him. Had GGG missed that 2nd day weight in he would have been stripped (he eventually was anyway), wasn't the 1st weigh in moved forward as well, giving even more extra time between the fight? Or was that for another fight?
I’m not sure about the weigh in time. If so that would be a matter worth noting IMO.

I don’t really care about advantages that are within the rules. He made weight according to the belts for which he fought. Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see same day weigh ins and see people fight in their true weight class. But they can’t do that because they know people would still try to cut and rehydrate and it would be dangerous. If they changed the rules to same day weigh ins and pre fight weigh in with no more than 5% weight gain we’d see people fighting healthy at their true weight. But it would never happen because too many fights would not make the pre fight weigh.

So it is what it is and should be accepted as the legal playing field we have. Whining about advantages that are within the rules just seems weak. Some guys are better at cutting, some guys are faster, some are stronger, some hit harder, some have more skill. There will always be advantages. Legal advantages should not be a topic. Illegal advantages should be.

GGG has been a MW for 17 years. He’s not a small MW, he’s a MW. If others are big MWs, so what? Dude has never lost a fight as a professional and we talk about his disadvantages. Is this real life?