Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Teddy Atlas on The Joe Rogan Experience

Tyson r gud fighter, almost like Dane mikkel Kessler.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It’s almost like we agree. Let’s keep putting it differently and liking each others posts for a few pages, just for a change of pace around here.
    I might not say it that way, but I don't disagree

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

PlusTyson was never going to be quite the same after 3 years in prison. He did lose something in there too. I think he beats Holyfield pre prison. He admitted he simply didn't train for Douglas. Ego can take over, he took it on the chin, literally.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I have to watch the whole thing Sunday looks pretty interesting. Teddy at the beginning sounds like any random stoner who forgot the tv was on and starts talking about the awesome patterns on the new carpet. Teddy don't care. I've always found him a wear it on your sleeve kinda guy and his carpet bombing of boxings BS after the result of Augustus v Burton belongs in a time capsule! He slags on Tyson hard but he was there and can come off as disappointment or frustration with self in a way.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I have to watch the whole thing Sunday looks pretty interesting. Teddy at the beginning sounds like any random stoner who forgot the tv was on and starts talking about the awesome patterns on the new carpet. Teddy don't care. I've always found him a wear it on your sleeve kinda guy and his carpet bombing of boxings BS after the result of Augustus v Burton belongs in a time capsule! He slags on Tyson hard but he was there and can come off as disappointment or frustration with self in a way.
    It’s worth a watch, as are many of Rogans podcasts. Yes he’s a bit of a meat skull at times, but it’s real talk.

Mentioned
    391 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Teddy is a dick makeing threats to fighters with a gun got to be a asshole.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dia bando View Post
    Teddy is a dick makeing threats to fighters with a gun got to be a asshole.
    Far as I know that was only to Tyson, after the guy made a pass at his niece. It could have been a very serious thing, and how else would you confront the guy?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I thought Teddy's 30 minute monologue on Tyson was better than any biography you'll read. Terrific.

I didn't take the "0-5" stuff so literal, it was the usual "Tyson is a bully" stuff. Teddy was gushing about Tyson's boxing ability and thinks he "could" have been great, but is an underachiever, which he blames on whether or not Tyson always had a "coward streak," weak nature, or they (Cus and the like) failed in nurturing him.

He was aware people would call him overly harsh and biased, but reiterated it's his story and experience with Tyson.

His rape comments were interesting too. How many people defend Tyson to the hilt over the rape, yet things go on behind the scenes that we never get to know about. Nobody would defend a man with Tyson history/reputation if he wasn't a former superhero.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
    True. It's usually better to listen to him in short bursts. This interview is quite easy to go the whole 3 hours through; he talks about Tyson and Cus obviously but also a lot about his childhood. These blokes had some really raw life experiences coming up. His dad, his neighbourhood...

BTW, in general, the JRE is better when you're a bit stoned. Especially when he does other comedians. Trussel (super hippy) is a really good one.
    But its always about Teddy. Me, me, me He and his metaphors and ugly NYC accent make me ill. Me, me, me.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by holmcall View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by goti71 View Post
    True. It's usually better to listen to him in short bursts. This interview is quite easy to go the whole 3 hours through; he talks about Tyson and Cus obviously but also a lot about his childhood. These blokes had some really raw life experiences coming up. His dad, his neighbourhood...

BTW, in general, the JRE is better when you're a bit stoned. Especially when he does other comedians. Trussel (super hippy) is a really good one.
    But its always about Teddy. Me, me, me He and his metaphors and ugly NYC accent make me ill. Me, me, me.
    That post, it's like a car....you gotta put the gas in it and make sure it's runnin' clean! And this other post over here is like a diesel truck, it may start out slow, but once it gets going you betta watch out. Now Joe! I'm tellin', you, I'm tellin' you it's gonna be a race and when the checkered flag is waved one of these vehicles is gonna be the winner.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Was only going to watch the first few minutes and ended up running through it.

Solid interview. I like how Joe just let Teddy talk and didn't try to interrupt too much, or try plugging the the UFC in everywhere. Not that i mind the UFC, but to a boxing die hard like Teddy it would have felt forced.

Agree on him always being harsh on Tyson, but give him props for sort of admitting it. He's like that with Pac too, probably because of his history with Roach.

Although his stories were amazing, some of them felt more than a little exaggerated. Anyone else get that vibe?

Also, it was funny when Joe brought up the Bradley - Pac robbery, then quickly brushed it off.

Thread Information