Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Victor Ortiz arrested

I heard Ortiz was fighting on the 30th of this Month. So I decided to check the card and was more interest to see Efe Ajagba was on the card too.

Anyway the point is the idiot has been arrested for rape.

Boxing Champion Victor Ortiz Arrested for Rape and Charged with 3 Felonies

Professional boxer Victor Ortiz, who appeared on Dancing with the Stars as well as films The Expendables 3 and Southpaw, has turned himself in to authorities for allegedly raping a woman in March, the Oxnard Police Department confirmed in a news release.

The 31-year-old athlete surrendered himself at the Ventura County Sheriff Department’s East Valley Station on Tuesday after being charged with three counts of felony sexual assault, including rape.

Officials first began investigating Ortiz after his alleged victim contacted authorities on Match 19 claiming she was sexually assaulted “inside a residence in the city of Oxnard,” by the boxer, the Oxnard Police Department said.

The investigation has been ongoing for the last several months before authorities issued an arrest warrant for Ortiz.

https://people.com/sports/victor-ort...-charged-rape/

Google it and loads of articles come up.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Victor Ortiz arrested

Forgot to say, my initial reason for starting the thread was going to be Efe Ajagba and your thoughts on the hard hitting heavyweight.

Thoughts on Ortiz and Ajagba?
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ajagba has all of 10 rounds of professional boxing, 5 of them in one fight, so it's way too early to become excited about him. He does seem to possess scary power, though.

Victor Ortiz is a moron... probably threw away what was left of his professional career. (TBH, sometimes I thought he was gay.)

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aaaaaaaaaaand...... Is Tito unsurprisingly with the Mexican news update/smackdown

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ajagba has all of 10 rounds of professional boxing, 5 of them in one fight, so it's way too early to become excited about him. He does seem to possess scary power, though.

Victor Ortiz is a moron... probably threw away what was left of his professional career. (TBH, sometimes I thought he was gay.)
    Hahahaha..... so I hear tell of this Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry anyone know anything about this

Victor Ortiz had a decent career, he was like a mini De la Hoya/Vargas hybrid for a bit and then he plateaued and then he didn't successfully remedy his issues as a fighter and now he's a moron outside the ring. Great way to end a stagnant career. I really did enjoy Ortiz vs Berto, both fights. I think those guys were certainly on the same level and the fights happened at the right time in their careers. He wasn't bad to watch in the ring, I was never a fan, but you can enjoy a style or what a fighter brings to the ring and I liked what he did, there was always drama in the ring with him he was never someone you'd feel indifferent about as a fighter or wouldn't be interested in a fight he was in...you either wanted to watch him win, watch him lose, or see what would unfold, I was never "Meh Ortiz is on, this fight is going to be boring"....it was always SOMETHING with him. He didn't deserve to fight Floyd but hey gotta keep that 0 right

As for Efe Ajagba he looks very good vs limited opposition. He has good power, decent handspeed, he has a sharp right cross, he digs to the body on occasion which is nice to see, he's got good size. He just needs to keep developing, keep active, stay healthy, not get musclebound, and I think he's got as good of a chance as anyone else to make it in the ring.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Awful. Ortiz always seemed extremely immature.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz has never struck me as the sharpest crayon in the box and 3 felonies and rape charges should see his Sunday payday and media stage scrapped. He's been done for awhile now.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Have to say I was a big Ortiz fan. Really followed him and caught all his fights. It’s a shame when these guys go downhill like this. Not making excuses but I wonder how much we see of the behavior of these guys can be related to the repeated blows to the head. He was doing some ads for underwear or something wasn’t he. Why these guys gotta rape anyone. I would think women would be open to them

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Feel bad for Ortiz. It sucks when a guy get accused of rape when there was no rape

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Feel bad for Ortiz. It sucks when a guy get accused of rape when there was no rape
    Yeah gotta keep that in mind. The dude ain’t guilty till he is convicted.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He hasn't got much experience yet but I see him doing better than Daniel Dubois as time goes on. He seems to have more tools than Dubois - Dubois is only 21 though but Ajagba just has that something extra.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

[QUOTE=El Kabong;1495564]

Hahahaha..... so I hear tell of this Mexico-Puerto Rico rivalry anyone know anything about this

Victor Ortiz had a decent career, he was like a mini De la Hoya/Vargas hybrid for a bit and then he plateaued and then he didn't successfully remedy his issues as a fighter and now he's a moron outside the ring. Great way to end a stagnant career. I really did enjoy Ortiz vs Berto, both fights. I think those guys were certainly on the same level and the fights happened at the right time in their careers. He wasn't bad to watch in the ring, I was never a fan, but you can enjoy a style or what a fighter brings to the ring and I liked what he did, there was always drama in the ring with him he was never someone you'd feel indifferent about as a fighter or wouldn't be interested in a fight he was in...you either wanted to watch him win, watch him lose, or see what would unfold, I was never "Meh Ortiz is on, this fight is going to be boring"....it was always SOMETHING with him. He didn't deserve to fight Floyd but hey gotta keep that 0 right

As for Efe Ajagba he looks very good vs limited opposition. He has good power, decent handspeed, he has a sharp right cross, he digs to the body on occasion which is nice to see, he's got good size. He just needs to keep developing, keep active, stay healthy, not get musclebound, and I think he's got as good of a chance as anyone else to make it in the ring.
    @TitoFan other people are on to you now Papi
    You can't disguise anymore 😂

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent Demise View Post
    Yeah gotta keep that in mind. The dude ain’t guilty till he is convicted.
    Months investigation and the coppers seem to think otherwise but he'll get his day in court. Screw Ortiz, I feel worse for John Molina losing the opportunity to score the ko and a earned pay day.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ortiz would have sucked off Floyd in that round had the ref not intervened

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)