Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Top 5 Saddoboxing Truces

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Ya it’s interesting I just don’t spend a lot of time speaking on it here. I believe but I’m not out to convert anyone, it’s not my thing. Do as u wish I just find it strange when the anti religious spend so much time talking about religion
    My reading lately has been about the life of Jesus as it appears to have been and that is before Christianity even existed. Jesus wasn't even a Christian. He was a Jew fighting for his country and appeared to be telling people to share rather than bow down to a system of taxation and occupation. If people really took that message to heart then we would be living in a different kind of world. The money lenders have won. The Temples have one. Occupation has won. People bought into magic, rather than the real message. It's just interesting, that's all. It has nothing to do with God for me. God is religion, I personally don't think Jesus was about God, but that is because I see him as a human and nothing more, though he likely saw it differently due his times and indoctrination.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And again that is no slur on Jesus. You know that the earth is one of many planets that go around the sun, Jesus had no knowledge beyond his local environment and what he either heard or read and the book shops were not as good as today. Amazon was not around then and Jesus would have been angry about them actually too.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well good on u. I, in the past talked with this guy who would always want to discuss how he didn’t believe and argue religion with me. I was like what do we do just keep going to and fro saying yes he does exist, no he doesn’t exist. Seems a bit pointless. Your point of view is fine. Lots of people don’t believe in anything. I just don’t talk about it here as that’s what it amounts to, no he does, yes he doesn’t. I don’t need to prove anything, we are all going to find out someday anyway.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah, so what at the end of the day. You believe and I don't. It's one of those "So what?" things. Next topic. Nobody needs to be upset. At least Christians appear able to take it that way better than some other less enlightened groups.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sorry, I meant no he doesn’t, yes he does, as in exist.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    Yeah, so what at the end of the day. You believe and I don't. It's one of those "So what?" things. Next topic. Nobody needs to be upset. At least Christians appear able to take it that way better than some other less enlightened groups.
    That sums it up miles. You won’t convince me and I won’t u. I will ask if u don’t mind, when you were going through your terrible medical issues did u even once call out to god? The most staunch atheists in my platoon would plead to god when the shit hit the fan. Afterwords they were back to god bashing, I always find it funny. Funny only in the ironic way not funny someone is suffering

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't associate me with you nerds, the day i'm ever bothered by anything anyone says on here or need a truce is the day i'll top myself. I've never had an "enemy" and couldn't give a funk what anyone says or thinks about me. If you wanna talk, talk, if not don't. No grudges.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

your point doesn't make any sense at all Walrus. We are not spending time talking about religion because it is not religion to us. It is historical stuff pure social historical humanistic stuff and not religion at all.

It is religion to you.

the other point about going back and forth about yes he does no he doesn't also doesn't make any sense at all. topics should be open to debate but you told me that religion was one topic that you will never debate. That is your right and that is your choice but to other people that seems very insecure and close-minded. plus there were a bunch of other topics the list of which just kept getting longer and longer that you said you did not want to talk about.

Again that is also your right but it is rather restrictive in a conversational perspective and after a while becomes a bit irritating in it's narrowness.

It's not a matter of trying to convince somebody one way or the other. It's just a matter of conversation at an adult level on complex topics

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Don't associate me with you nerds, the day i'm ever bothered by anything anyone says on here or need a truce is the day i'll top myself. I've never had an "enemy" and couldn't give a funk what anyone says or thinks about me. If you wanna talk, talk, if not don't. No grudges.
    Thanks fenster we don’t give a shit about what u say either and if u do top yourself, I’ll quote u without quoting you

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    That sums it up miles. You won’t convince me and I won’t u. I will ask if u don’t mind, when you were going through your terrible medical issues did u even once call out to god? The most staunch atheists in my platoon would plead to god when the shit hit the fan. Afterwords they were back to god bashing, I always find it funny. Funny only in the ironic way not funny someone is suffering
    You do have your doubts and your mind goes to a thousand different places, but what worked for me was to take it on the chin, accept that this happened because of the possibility that my diet and lifestyle choices had led my body to break down. I was so busy talking to surgeons and traveling up and down the country, I had to live in the moment, but for sure I had my moments when I wondered 'Could there be anything more?', but then the practical side of me had to say 'That is not a way to handle a serious situation. I need to find the best surgeon and to change myself. This is a test of my character and my body and with good human help and by changing a few things, I might be okay'. No doubt, you have these odd moments when you wonder if anybody or thing out there is observing, but logic would suggest not. You have to get through it on your own and it's down to surgeons and your own will in the end. In some ways, and I know it sounds strange with my body riddled with scars, but I am glad I went through the experience. I think some people do not realize they are alive and do not respect their bodies or appreciate what they have or have even contemplated their death, but I am sure you know what I mean having been on the battlefield. I have asked my wife 'Do you think about your death?' and she really does not and I think most ordinary people probably don't, but people, and there are a lot of them, who have been through really tough things like we have, you really do live as though you are dead already.

With the Jesus thing I am cool with a lot of what he seems to have stood for including standing up to authorities, being against unfair taxes, corruption, occupation, and wanting redistributing of resources and also being willing to die for a cause. I think that is a fantastic and brave thing to do, but I know a lot of ordinary people would probably say it was a bit silly and he should have lived a quiet peasant life and not stirred anything up. The whole Bible Harry Potter thing just goes too far for me. I do not believe in an omnipresent God who is looking out for everyone. When a fighter thanks God I find that insulting to not only himself but the valor of his opponent. It has nothing to do with God. It gets silly that way.

Mentioned
    680 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The interesting part is we are all going to die so we will all find out, it’s a cool thought. I look forward to it in a way

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Scary

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)