Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Garcia Vs Commey

Looks like Garcia will take the mandatory. The good thing about this is that it means that Garcia is serious about making a Loma fight.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Garcia Vs Commey

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Looks like Garcia will take the mandatory. The good thing about this is that it means that Garcia is serious about making a Loma fight.
    I'm good with this, if it leads to the Loma unification.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I'm good with this, if it leads to the Loma unification.
    Agreed.

Hope it gets done without this waiting years BS that has become a thing with top fighters.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was never any reason to question Garcia wanting Loma, the only question was will Bob allow it. Glad to see this fight being made, step on throats Mikey.

And may the best fighter between Garcia/Loma win, the fans win either way.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    There was never any reason to question Garcia wanting Loma, the only question was will Bob allow it. Glad to see this fight being made, step on throats Mikey.

And may the best fighter between Garcia/Loma win, the fans win either way.
    I never questioned whether or not Garcia wanted the fight. I just questioned if he thought it was worth the hassle to have to fight with Bob for it.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Alright alright this is a step in the right direction for Garcia who has honestly been a bit all over the place. But this is an indicator on target Loma as well as fulfilling a credible mandatory defense.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Alright alright this is a step in the right direction for Garcia who has honestly been a bit all over the place. But this is an indicator on target Loma as well as fulfilling a credible mandatory defense.
    Commey is a very solid fighter. No shame in this fight, especially as it's a mandatory and keeps Mikey at 135.

The problem now is the WBC ordering Campbell as Garcia's mandatory.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC ordering the mandatory is no hindrance unless someone wants it to be a hindrance like AJ using it to avoid Wilder before this time he used fake negotiation.

If Arum wants the fight to happen it will happen, if Arum doesn’t it won’t. There really is no other factor

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC ordering the mandatory is no hindrance unless someone wants it to be a hindrance like AJ using it to avoid Wilder before this time he used fake negotiation.

If Arum wants the fight to happen it will happen, if Arum doesn’t it won’t. There really is no other factor
    There's more to it than that, and at the end of the day, it takes 2 to tango. Mikey needs to forget everyone else (Spence), defend the title, while saying he wants to unify the division. Loma is already talking that way.

The fight is big either way, but without the WBC title involved, it takes some of the shine off.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's more to it than that, and at the end of the day, it takes 2 to tango. Mikey needs to forget everyone else (Spence), defend the title, while saying he wants to unify the division. Loma is already talking that way.

The fight is big either way, but without the WBC title involved, it takes some of the shine off.
    The WBC is not going to strip someone headed to PPV(whoever wins between Mikey and Loma becomes a regular PPV fighter) to hand it to be fought in a vacancy fight between people making a fraction and thus paying a fraction in fees.

Garcia/Loma is simple to make because Garcia/Loma call the shots in and around their weight class. Seriously, if Bob wants the fight nothing stops it from happening

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The WBC is not going to strip someone headed to PPV(whoever wins between Mikey and Loma becomes a regular PPV fighter) to hand it to be fought in a vacancy fight between people making a fraction and thus paying a fraction in fees.

Garcia/Loma is simple to make because Garcia/Loma call the shots in and around their weight class. Seriously, if Bob wants the fight nothing stops it from happening
    I would hope they don't strip Garcia but I have no faith in the sanctioning bodies. Hopefully they make Campbell vs TBA for an interim title or something like that, to allow a full unification bout to take place.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would hope they don't strip Garcia but I have no faith in the sanctioning bodies. Hopefully they make Campbell vs TBA for an interim title or something like that, to allow a full unification bout to take place.
    As much as I like unification the belts are just belts. Garcia and Loma are beyond them at LW IMO. If they were stripped of all belts to make I would still want it. 2 guys the same size at the same time and same age at the top of their division, that’s my kind of party.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

As much as I like unification the belts are just belts. Garcia and Loma are beyond them at LW IMO. If they were stripped of all belts to make I would still want it. 2 guys the same size at the same time and same age at the top of their division, that’s my kind of party.
    I agree, the belts are insignificant here, but like I said, it takes the shine (possibly even money) of the fight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Commey is a very solid fighter. No shame in this fight, especially as it's a mandatory and keeps Mikey at 135.

Lots of forward motion by then with Loma very likely to have Pedrazas tin by then and should Garcia shine v Commey he'll have then beaten wbc #2 and all the pieces align for a super fight fans require. I can't see Garcia jumping through hoops to face Campbell if a Loma match is even closer and I don't put anything past the wbc be it strip or Mikey dropping the trinket to grab real legacy. Belts are temporary and shouldn't be treated like anchors.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lots of forward motion by then with Loma very likely to have Pedrazas tin by then and should Garcia shine v Commey he'll have then beaten wbc #2 and all the pieces align for a super fight fans require. I can't see Garcia jumping through hoops to face Campbell if a Loma match is even closer and I don't put anything past the wbc be it strip or Mikey dropping the trinket to grab real legacy. Belts are temporary and shouldn't be treated like anchors.
    Cheap shot at AJ?

Thread Information