Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Did Inoue step on Payano's foot before landing the right?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuzo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by J_Undisputed View Post
    In this instance, Inoue is jabbing and then stepping
    this didnt happen. there was no additional step.

Inoue does pivot but doesn't get to fully pivot because his heel steps on Payano's foot. Payano's knee keeps Inoue from completing the revolution or Inoue is forced to turn from the waist up instead of fulling getting his hips and lower body into the transfer of energy.
    it sounds like you are saying that he would have pivoted himself into a new location to get a different angle to throw his right hand, if payano's knee didnt get in the way? why are you assuming he needs a different angle to throw his right hand? this is what i mean by overthinking.
    If so, Inoue would have gotten even more behind the right, and done even more damage/knocked him cold/colder?

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What I mean is some people are saying that because the heel of the Japanese fighter landing on the forward foot of the Dominican fighter that he was not able to then pivot to get all of his power into the right hand. And that case I'm assuming that he got maybe two thirds of the power that he had been intending and yet still it knocked the Dominican fighter out almost knocked out cold. I shudder to think the way that right hand may have landed have the Japanese been able to get the full twist of his waist and ass into the punch

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure what you guys are watching, but Inoue didn't stand on Payano's foot.
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-12-2018 at 06:20 AM.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In this instance, Inoue is jabbing and then stepping
    this didnt happen. there was no additional step.

Inoue does pivot but doesn't get to fully pivot because his heel steps on Payano's foot. Payano's knee keeps Inoue from completing the revolution or Inoue is forced to turn from the waist up instead of fulling getting his hips and lower body into the transfer of energy.
    it sounds like you are saying that he would have pivoted himself into a new location to get a different angle to throw his right hand, if payano's knee didnt get in the way? why are you assuming he needs a different angle to throw his right hand? this is what i mean by overthinking.
    He was stepping into a power jab. One motion two different things going on. You're stepping into it to get more power into it but you're gaining ground. When his foot plants as/after the jab is making contact, it becomes the pivoting point for the right hand to come across. He wouldn't move into a new position if Payano's knee wasn't there, but fully turn into the Payanos pocket (12 o clock) and put more force on the right hand. Stepping on Payano's foot might have inhibited him a little because his footing may not have been secure, but it doesn't look like much because hes going to push off and pivot on that foot anyway to get force on the right hand as he turns into him. Pacquiao would do the same thing (blitz you by Stepping in with Power Jab / doubling up on the jab to get you going back and then come across with his left as you pivoted away) only he was a tad more linear because he used to come in faster (which left him open into be turned by his opponents if they countered with hooks and controlled his head as they pivoted off)

https://media.giphy.com/media/ftr02sdQkAWOs/giphy.gif
    https://media.giphy.com/media/iDQu74NOpLva0/giphy.gif
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/b2f8...itemid=5387110
    http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...7/6_medium.gif
    http://cdn2.sbnation.com/imported_as...1/7_medium.gif
    this doesnt explain the original claim that he moved himself into a different location to throw his right hand from a new angle. you are contradicting that point here.

When his foot plants as/after the jab is making contact, it becomes the pivoting point for the right hand to come across.
    if as you say, he throws his right hand from the same place he threw his jab, then the claim that he threw his jab and then moved to somewhere else to throw his right hand cant be true. it has to be one or the other.

the timeline to me seems to be that he throws a jab, waits a little, throws a right hand, then starts to move out of the way after the right hand landed, and not before that. any other interpretation seems like a hasty way to force it to fit into an unrelated narrative.

it also doesnt explain why he would need to throw his right hand from a different angle here in the first place. that strikes me as being a really excessive process to go through to throw the right hand.

i didnt see him step on payano's foot, but maybe he did. can you tell me where on his foot i should be looking at and when so i can understand the relevance of this event? i can blow it up slow it down and make a gif out of it.

i dont really understand the relevance of the pacquio gifs as they pertain to step arounds. for the record this is what a step around looks like.

After zooming and watching it again, you're right he doesn't step on his foot. The "s" printed on the canvas appears to be Inoue's heel stepping on the toe of Payano as he steps over it and inside the right foot while jabbing. The motion of payano's foot popping up just afterwards, suggest there was a suppressed motion before that but that could have been the friction of Payanos instep against the back of Inoue's heel.

Pivoting didn't imply him moving to a different location and it doesn't imply movement of the foot. He moved out of line of the right hand when he stepped inside payano's foot behind his own jab. Pac maybe does the step around in the Bradley gif. But the rest demonstrate that he's doing the same thing done here, which is following behind his jab/ or flash the jab.. and the important part is rolling the rear foot off the outside edge to the inside toe in order pivot/turn off that front foot into the punch. His body turns at the waist and shoulders (would have been knee also if their knees didnt collide-- which also kept payano from turning away. Different storry if Inoue doesnt get his foot inside). The right hand starts outside inoues right foot and ends outside his left foot without fully extension. It comes across it own body and makes contact over his left toe (roughly) and swings his rear foot out of line. The lines of travel before and after he makes contact are perpendicular. That doesnt happen unless you come around and pivot off that the lead foot. Plus having 2 straight punches land on the same Target (roughly situated in the same spot) and landing at 2 different angles thrown from the same spot doesnt happen unless something turns. in between the first and second.

In a strange way I beleieve we're saying the same thing, but just view it differently. I think you consider pivoting an isolated foot movement with a quarter turn, no punches needed or punches after. This prompts a reaction from your opponent and tells then where your shots are coming from. The process I described seems longs or drawn out or overthought to you but its not. It becomes part of your acting not thinking after you've done it a thousand times as im sure you know.

Step around tends to be more choppy.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pivoting didn't imply him moving to a different location and it doesn't imply movement of the foot.
    if we are to rule out feet then in this case pivoting must imply hip rotation. the use of the term pivot here is then either a misnomer or just a buzz word.

The right hand starts outside inoues right foot and ends outside his left foot
    kenny weldon has a video talking about the way hip rotation influences this.

basically, following through with your hip rotation, which is what you should always be doing anyway, lets you hit a broad range of targets.

its also why i believe the boxing axiom that you need to get your foot outside of the foot of the southpaw is really something of a boxing myth.

you can still hit the southpaw with your foot inside of his foot. which is what inoue did. i disagree that he needed to do anything complex to do that though.

hitting a southpaw with your foot inside of his foot doesnt have to require pivoting or stepping or whatever buzz word to get a different angle to land a right hand. the right hand inoue threw looked to me to be a pretty routine right hand up the middle.

looked very similar to the right hand tracy patterson knocked out eddie hopson with.

Last edited by Yuzo; 10-11-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There is no doubt that the Japanese Fighter's heel at the very least stuck against the instep of the lead foot of the Dominican fighter.

You can also see a little bit of a jerk as the Dominican fighter and the Japanese fighter release the tension that resulted from the brief contact of their feet.

it looks like he stepped on his foot to me but at the very least there is a kind of contact which makes a little bit of friction

Think about it. Obviously the forward knee of the Japanese fighter and the forward thigh of the Dominican fighter had to make some kind of contact as both were moving forward and or standing their ground.

The bottom line is it had to impair or impede just a bit the Japanese Fighters shifting of his weight onto his right foot to throw the right. I believe the Japanese Fighters punch was not at full force due to this.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

no way is this thread done

BREAKING NEWS:

INOUE LOOKS IMMEDIATELY AT THE REF CUZ HE FUCKING KNEW HE STEPPED ON THE GUY'S FOOT.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by brocktonblockbust View Post
    no way is this thread done

BREAKING NEWS:

INOUE LOOKS IMMEDIATELY AT THE REF CUZ HE FUCKING KNEW HE STEPPED ON THE GUY'S FOOT.
    Watch it in slow motion, he doesn't.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

dude seriously, Im freaking out about this, look when the right hand smashes into the guy's chin, the Japanese dude is already looking at the ref EVEN BEFORE HE SEES HIS OPPONENT STARTING TO TOPLLE DOWN, he fucking KNEW HE DID SOMETHING WRONG, I swear check it out, like 2 posts before this one above, he looks at the ref like a little kid would LOOK AT HIS MOM AFTER GETTING CAUGHT WITH HIS HAND IN THE COOKIE JAR.

Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@Yuzo @Alpha @greynotsoold SERIOUSLY ITS POST #34 ABOVE IN j_UNDISPUTED'S POST, you can really see it from that angle, not from the other one posted after that

POst #34

***********BAM************* INOUE IS FUCKING CAUGHT RIGHT THERE AND HE KNOWS IT

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Don't need to look at anything other than the replay that shows their feet. I posted the fight in the other board, I think it's around the 10 minute mark.

Thread Information