Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Ritson vs Patera Sky Sports 13th October 2018

Ritson vs Patera: Lewis Ritson makes weight for European title fight with Francesco Patera

Lewis Ritson stripped naked on the scales to make the lightweight limit and then shared a tense face off with Francesco Patera ahead of their European title fight.

The 25-year-old weighed in at 9st 8lb 13oz, just inside the required 9st 9lb mark, and was held apart from Patera, who came in at 9st 8lbs 3oz for their battle for the vacant European belt on Saturday night, live on Sky Sports.

"Another big step-up for us, with Patera," said Ritson. "He's won the European title before, he's had it, so if we can get rid of him that makes a good statement.

"As long as I made the weight, that's the hard bit, now it's just for the easy part.

"I usually come forward and have a fight. I think Patera is going to try and use his experience, and box, but it's all down to the night and see who can execute their game plan the best."

On an action-packed undercard in Newcastle, Joshua Buatsi can extend his unbeaten record to eight victories when he takes on Tony Averlant, a former opponent of British rival Anthony Yarde.

Buatsi appeared in peak condition, tipping the scales at 12st 6lbs 13oz, with Averlant also inside the 12st 7lb limit at 12st 5lbs 10oz.

Heavyweight David Allen raised a few more laughs with his gold underwear as he weighed in at 18st 5lbs 11oz, while Samir Nebo was two stone lighter at 16st 5lbs 5oz.

Glenn Foot and Robbie Davies Jr clashed angrily by the scales after they had both made the super-lightweight limit for their British and Commonwealth title fight.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Ritson vs Patera Sky Sports 13th October 2018

Joshua Buatsi is ready to take out Tony Averlant as he looks to deliver an emphatic knockout victory on his first visit to a Newcastle fight ring.

Buatsi, a Rio 2016 Olympic bronze medallist, will battle Averlant over 10 rounds at the Metro Radio Arena this Saturday, live on Sky Sports, hoping to improve on his 7-0 record and retain his WBA International title.

The Croydon light-heavyweight says the Frenchman, a former Anthony Yarde opponent, has his full attention, and is undeterred by the "inevitable comparisons" to the stoppage win of his domestic rival.

"We are stepping up in levels again, it is going to be a test," Buatsi exclusively told Sky Sports.

"[Averlant] has got a lot of experience and will bring something new to the table.

"He looks hungry and eager and it will all add up to a good fight. I've prepared and made the weight, all that is left is to get a haircut and I'm good to go.

"[Comparisons with Yarde] mean nothing to me because it will happen, inevitably. If I get rid of him before seven then fantastic, if I get rid of him after seven then fantastic, it doesn't matter because styles make fights.

"I can say before the fight now that if I get rid of him before seven rounds, I won't be climbing on the top ropes saying look 'I did it, I did it'. It means nothing. I'm not shying away from it, right now my focus and aim is to get rid of the man tomorrow so that is what I will do.

"As crude as it sounds, people pay to be entertained. It's good to win but also good to add some entertainment and I'm always looking to entertain."

Watch Lewis Ritson's European title fight against Francesco Patera in Newcastle, with Joshua Buatsi and David Allen also on the bill at the Metro Radio Arena, Saturday, from 7pm on Sky Sports Action.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...in-with-ko-win

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Looking forward to Buatsi later 😎

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buatsi on in the first round brutal body shot. Missed the fight.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Missing all this cuz of a fucking wedding, not happy

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Missing all this cuz of a fucking wedding, not happy
    Wondered where you were. Ritson is not on next.
    Last edited by Master; 10-14-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ritson very aggressive in the first round and trying to knock his opponent out. He has won the first round

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ritson busted up Patera nose in the 2nd round but Patera was better on his back foot and landed better combinations.

1-1

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Riston back on top doing a lot of work and full force. Patera just about responding back.

2-1 Ritson

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Patera work was better in the 4th. His movement and counter punches are excellent. This is a good fight.

2-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Patera boxed beautifully in the 5th and landed some excellent combinations. Ritson looked lost.

3-2 Patera

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Very good round in the 6th from both, really good fight but Ritson looks lost when being punched back.

Patera wins it.

4-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I may be getting this wrong but loving Patera work and think he is winning it 5-2

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Patera is giving it everything in the 8th and I do not know how Ritson is taking these punches.

6-2 Patera

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ritson wins 9th because Patera slowed down and Ritson landed hurtful combinations.

6-3

Thread Information