Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  29
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

View Poll Results: Put your money where your mouth is. ;-)

Voters
27. This poll is closed
  • Wilder by KO - Rounds 1 - 6

4 14.81%
  • Wilder by KO - Rounds 7 - 12

11 40.74%
  • Wilder by UD

0 0%
  • Wilder by SD

0 0%
  • Fury by KO - Rounds 1 - 6

0 0%
  • Fury by KO - Rounds 7 - 12

2 7.41%
  • Fury by UD

5 18.52%
  • Fury by SD

3 11.11%
  • Draw

2 7.41%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Wilder vs Fury: Who wins and how?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    This interests me a lot , fury fiddled his way to the title beating a gun shy Wlad.
    It will be interesting to see if fury can walk the walk after much talking the talk , as for Wilder the champ he boxes like a drunken giraffe carrying sticks of dynamite .
    So it will be for the most part an edge of the seater with any luck.
    It definitely is an intriguing contest and with Wilder's punch power you can not take your eyes off the fight.

Will Fury be able to outbox Wilder for 12 rounds after being out of action for so long ?

All the ingredients for a must watch fight.
    Last edited by Master; 11-24-2018 at 02:15 PM.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    This interests me a lot , fury fiddled his way to the title beating a gun shy Wlad.
    It will be interesting to see if fury can walk the walk after much talking the talk , as for Wilder the champ he boxes like a drunken giraffe carrying sticks of dynamite .
    So it will be for the most part an edge of the seater with any luck.
    That is the best description I've heard so far for Wilder.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve voted finally - Fury by ud.

I’m a fan and will be nervous for him but I just hope he’s got back - or as near as he can - to the Fury that beat Wlad.

90% of that Fury will be enough to frustrate and outpoint Wilder.
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'll be rooting for Fury, but he's up against it.

Wilder will have home country advantage. The referee (possibly Jack Reiss, who is America's Ian John-Lewis) and the judges will be on his side, especially since he's co-managed by Al Haymon. Fury cannot win a decision unless he completely dominates, and after his long layoff and serious personal problems, he will not be back to his best.

Because of the massive weight gain followed by a massive weight loss, Fury will be weakened, much like Jim Jeffries was when he fought Jack Johnson. People who go on crash diets lose muscle along with the fat, and it takes months and plenty of exercise before their full strength returns. So I don't think Fury is strong enough to knock out Wilder, but I do hope I'm wrong.

My prediction:

1) There about a 75% chance Wilder will KO Fury, probably in the later rounds but possibly early.
    2) There is about a 25% chance that Fury lasts the distance and outboxes Wilder, but not by a wide enough margin to win with Wilder and Haymon's home judges. Wilder will win by gift decision.
    3) There is close to a ZERO chance of Fury winning by KO/TKO, because he's not strong enough yet and because the American referee will protect Wilder (especially if it's the notoriously dodgy Jack Reiss).

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am supporting Wilder and hope he can produce a spectacular KO and then move on to Joshua having made a statement and with the momentum being all his own following Ortiz and Fury. It's a pick 'em fight though isn't it? Fury has the potential to spoil, frustrate and win rounds, but Wilder has the potential to hurt Fury and have him gun shy or else knock him out cold. Wilder needs to watch his legs though as he has been getting them tangled up too much and Fury needs to watch his own as he has looked a bit awkward on them at times in this comeback.

Wilder KO or Fury decision.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ive gone with Fury UD. There are concerns over Fury's fitness going in and they are valid. Inactivity, no real tests in his comeback, rapid weight loss. For me the physical side of things with Fury is something of a moot point. It's all in his head. When he's half arsed he looks a bit useless, see Cunningham, McDermott, Del Boy 1. When he straps it on he looks different gear, see Wlad, Del Boy 2. On song, His movement belies his size and excess baggage that might suggest a lack of fitness. Drivel spews from the Fury gob by the bucket load, but when he says he's a fighting man it's sincere, and I buy it. He's learned his trade but his fighting instinct has always been there.

I wont say Wilder's power is overrated, he can hit no doubt about that, but he averages eight and a bit rounds per fight since winning the title and half of those wins have been trumped by others in better quicker fashion. If he drops the right hand on Fury he'll know about it, I dont doubt that for a second, but it's by no means curtains if it happens. Wilder might get out of the blocks like Colin Jackson, but I doubt it. He was cautious against Ortiz and I expect him to repeat that against Fury. Tyson will have plenty of time to weave his spell and Wilder will never have had to think about something so much.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Interesting

Less than a week away, and we're pretty well split on the predictions (14 - Wilder, 10 - Fury, 2 - draw).

Notably, nobody has chosen Wilder by any kind of decision, nor has anyone chosen Fury by early knockout.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Really can't wait for this now - there has always been fights where you just don't know how it's going to go and have valid arguments for either guy winning with any outcome but for me this is one is on a different level.

Roll on Saturday - no doubt I won't be able to get the fight anyway as my BT subscription will cock up

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post
    Really can't wait for this now - there has always been fights where you just don't know how it's going to go and have valid arguments for either guy winning with any outcome but for me this is one is on a different level.

Roll on Saturday - no doubt I won't be able to get the fight anyway as my BT subscription will cock up
    Do not worry you can teletext the result the next morning.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

should be on page 381

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Interesting

Less than a week away, and we're pretty well split on the predictions (14 - Wilder, 10 - Fury, 2 - draw).

Notably, nobody has chosen Wilder by any kind of decision, nor has anyone chosen Fury by early knockout.
    Well those are just based on the stats they've attained as professionals....Wilder COULD beat the absolute shit out of Fury for 12 round straight and Fury COULD catch Wilder clean and drop him with the first punch he throws, but judging from previous fights those are unlikely outcomes.

I want Wilder to win by KO as I think Wilder-Joshua would be the shit, however there's a small part of me who thinks this will be a snoozer that goes the distance and if it's that I don't even give a fuck who wins.

I just for fucking once want a fight that is less about the talking BEFORE the fight and more about what happens between the ropes, AJ-Wlad was like that, both respectful fighters who put on a hell of a show I'm not sure if Wilder and Fury are capable of that.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Interesting

Well those are just based on the stats they've attained as professionals....Wilder COULD beat the absolute shit out of Fury for 12 round straight and Fury COULD catch Wilder clean and drop him with the first punch he throws, but judging from previous fights those are unlikely outcomes.

I want Wilder to win by KO as I think Wilder-Joshua would be the shit, however there's a small part of me who thinks this will be a snoozer that goes the distance and if it's that I don't even give a fuck who wins.

I just for fucking once want a fight that is less about the talking BEFORE the fight and more about what happens between the ropes, AJ-Wlad was like that, both respectful fighters who put on a hell of a show I'm not sure if Wilder and Fury are capable of that.

Probably not. But then AJ-Wlad was an anomaly. Something that rarely happens nowadays. Didn't Fury-Wlad get prefaced with a bunch of talking nonsense, only to have the fight itself stink to high heaven?
    It's all about the talk..... the fight itself is secondary.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I like Wilder. He is gregarious and fun in front of the camera and he always seems to have time for the public.

He showed great character in working multiple shitty jobs to make sure he could care for his disabled daughter. Lots of unmarried fathers would have just fucked off sharpish. He stuck by her.

He was a late late starter as an amateur, so his making the Olympic team and finishing with a bronze medal was a real underdog story.

He has been very carefully matched in the pros, but he has never been in a boring fight, always entertaining and edge of the seat stuff.

His style is somewhere between a praying mantis and (to steal somebody else's quote) 'a drunken giraffe with dynamite in each hand'.

He deserves to be a much bigger name, and if he wins against Fury, he will be.

I also like Fury. Endlessly entertaining, always makes great quotes. There is a sharp mind there too, as he completely outpsyched the experienced Wladimir Klitschko.

Not a late entrant to the sport. He was named at birth after Iron Mike and has been fighting since he was a toddler. He comes from generations of fighting stock.

Another good back story, coming from the most disadvantaged 'ethnic' group in the U.K. Mental health issues and refreshingly honest about it all too.

A surprisingly complete boxer. For a huge man, he is nimble on his feet and technically accomplished. A cagey spoiler, he is a very good technical boxer indeed.

People talk about his lack of power, but when a 6'9" guy hits you with a technically correct punch .... anybody is going to be hurt a lot.

Great matchup.

A huge hitting, rather wild and super aggressive yet vulnerable athlete (a big Nigel Benn?) against a much better technician who is bigger and heavier (a big .Chris Eubank?)

I would usually go for the better technician ..... but the fact Fury has been pretty inactive for 3 years really evens this up.

Fury has never faced anyone remotely like Wilder. Wilder has never faced anyone remotely like Fury.

Bring it on!
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark TKO View Post

Do not worry you can teletext the result the next morning.
    I use https://www.allthebestfights.com/category/boxing/ to checkout fights that i have missed the night before.

There are no spoilers anywhere on the page unless Clicked *Spoilers alert*

So if you can avoid the mainstream news and watch this, its just like watching live.

The only give away though, is sometimes you might notice the length of a video so you can tell weather it went the distance or not.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

"Expert" Predictions: Deontay Wilder vs. Tyson Fury

Dan Rafael
    ESPN.com
    Wilder by KO

Nick Parkinson
    ESPN UK
    Wilder KO 10

Tony Bellew
    Former cruiserweight titlist
    Wilder by decision

Juan Manuel Marquez
    ESPN Deportes/Golpe a Golpe
    Wilder by decision

Teddy Atlas
    ESPN TV
    Wilder by KO

Nigel Collins
    ESPN.com
    Wilder by KO

Mark Kriegel
    ESPN TV
    Wilder by TKO 10

Steve Kim
    ESPN.com
    Fury by decision

Eric Raskin
    HBO Boxing
    Wilder by decision

Joe Cortez
    ESPN Deportes
    Wilder by KO8

Charles Moynihan
    ESPN Bureau Producer
    Wilder by TKO 9

Mike Tyson
    Former heavyweight champion
    I like Anthony Joshua.

Evander Holyfield
    Wilder KO / Fury PTS

Lennox Lewis
    Wilder Early / Fury Late

George Foreman
    Wilder by decision

Riddick Bowe
    Wilder by KO with ease.

Gerry Cooney
    Former heavyweight title contender
    Wilder by KO inside 4.

Luis "King Kong" Ortiz
    Heavyweight title contender
    Wilder by KO

Chris Arreola
    Former heavyweight title contender
    Wilder to win

Salvador Rodriguez
    ESPNdeportes.com
    Wilder by decision

Claudia Trejos
    ESPNdeportes.com
    Wilder by KO early

Bernardo Pilatti
    ESPNdeportes.com
    Wilder by KO early

Delvin Rodriguez
    ESPN Deportes
    Wilder by KO

Jorge Eduardo Sanchez
    ESPN Deportes
    Fury by decision

Pablo Viruega
    ESPN Deportes/Noche de Combates
    Wilder by TKO

Score: Wilder - 22 / Fury - 2 / Joshua - 1.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Thread Information