38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    So how much is this fight in the US? I looked at the add but they didn’t list the price
    75 bucks and unfortunately it's the only fisticuffs that night. Might be in Fla but if home there'll have to be some serious day drinking for me to shell money out for it.

One thing I've ignored is how Manny deals with Broners punch. If Broner has the nerve and commits inside he might just catch Manny with some telling uppercuts. I'm still going with Broner staying on his stool around 10 or 11th.
    $75 really? Jeez. It’s not even that compelling of a fight in general. I seriously don’t understand why anybody would pay for these kinds of PPVs other than their relatives.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    So how much is this fight in the US? I looked at the add but they didn’t list the price
    75 bucks and unfortunately it's the only fisticuffs that night. Might be in Fla but if home there'll have to be some serious day drinking for me to shell money out for it.

One thing I've ignored is how Manny deals with Broners punch. If Broner has the nerve and commits inside he might just catch Manny with some telling uppercuts. I'm still going with Broner staying on his stool around 10 or 11th.
    $75 really? Jeez. It’s not even that compelling of a fight in general. I seriously don’t understand why anybody would pay for these kinds of PPVs other than their relatives.
    Just realized Arum isn't involved in it right? I think there are 5 or 6 separate promotions involved in it. And what the hell is Broner doing involved in promotions when he has to even win a 'big' fight .

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    I heard they wanted to do a Face-Off with Pac and Broner........... but after about 2 minutes Broner became mentally exhausted, as he had used up all thoughts inside his head.
    Manny doesn't suffer from that form of exhaustion because he has no thoughts at all.

Yeah we get it. You're a Pac hater, blah, blah, blah.

Forget your hate for a second, and tell me who you think is more capable of providing an intelligent, coherent conversation between the two.

A man who for whatever it's worth has gotten into politics in his own country? Or a wannabe thug who grunts incoherent shit and somehow still gets microphones thrust at him after fights?
    I can honestly say that I sincerely believe Broner is more intelligent than Manny.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

More boxing channels = more ppv? Not the way boxing should go.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I heard they wanted to do a Face-Off with Pac and Broner........... but after about 2 minutes Broner became mentally exhausted, as he had used up all thoughts inside his head.
    Manny doesn't suffer from that form of exhaustion because he has no thoughts at all.

Yeah we get it. You're a Pac hater, blah, blah, blah.

Forget your hate for a second, and tell me who you think is more capable of providing an intelligent, coherent conversation between the two.

A man who for whatever it's worth has gotten into politics in his own country? Or a wannabe thug who grunts incoherent shit and somehow still gets microphones thrust at him after fights?
    I can honestly say that I sincerely believe Broner is more intelligent than Manny.

Ok fair enough. But consider this:

1. Manny speaks two languages. Broner can barely speak intelligible English.

2. Manny can talk to you about politics. Broner grunts about having daddy comb his hair.

3. Manny at least is smart enough to stay out of trouble. Broner already has a mug shot.

Again, Manny-hate aside..... why exactly is it that you honestly believe Broner is more intelligent than Manny?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I don’t think this is a worthy argument, they are likely both quite dumb in a broad sense. Manny can’t really speak English, and even if he could that doesn’t serve as a measure of intelligence. What does he really do politically anyways? He got elected based on his celebrity, in a country that is hopelessly corrupt and fairly backwards, not to mention being a politician anywhere doesn’t guarantee you aren’t an idiot. Manny also hasn’t made nearly as much money as he could have and squandered most of what he has, surrounds himself with countless yes men, etc etc. Again, pointless argument imo.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

...Also one has to consider that African American males are about 6% of the U.S. population, but are close to 40% of the total prisoners.

A black man in America can get a mug shot by just breathing.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Broners been embarrassed so often it's sad.

I see a McGregor fight in his future tho 😂
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pacquiao vs. Broner: Marcus Browne is looking to make a name for himself against Badou Jack

It is nine days before Marcus Browne steps into the ring before the biggest fight of his career against Badou Jack for the interim WBA light heavyweight title in the co-main event of the card featuring Manny Pacquiao vs. Adrien Broner and before I can even begin the interview, the light heavyweight contender is all jacked up and just starts talking away.

“I’m ready and in the best shape of my life," Browne told Sporting News.

Browne (22-0, 16 KOs) grew up in Staten Island, N.Y., raised by a single mother. The town is most commonly known as the lost borough of New York City and was the former home of the Fresh Kills Landfill, which was the world's largest landfill before closing in 2001.

"I grew up in the hood and acted just like any other kid that had lived there," Browne admits. "My childhood wasn’t bad. I just grew up in the hood. I was a troubled kid like a lot of my friends that I grew up with that you don’t know about it."

Browne says the people he grew up with in his neighborhood went the "wrong way" and never looked back. It would have been easy for Browne to follow the same route. Kids that young tend to flock to what their friends are doing to stay in the social circle. Browne didn't follow suit and ended up taking a liking to a couple different sports before he found his calling at 13 years of age. After admittedly being terrible at basketball, Browne tried his hand at football. As a defensive and wide receiver, Browne's high school won a state championship in 2001. However, he wasn't satisfied.

As someone who used to pick fights with kids that were older than him, the idea of taking what the was doing in the streets and applying it in the boxing ring was tempting. He walked into the Atlas Cops & Kids Boxing Club in the Clifton section of Staten Island and was immediately humbled.

"The first day I went to the gym, I got dropped by a body shot," Browne said.

Some may have seen that as a sign to find another sport. Instead, that body shot was the rude awakening that Browne needed. Being down on the canvas whet his appetite for learning and Browne decided to apply himself to the sweet science.

"I picked myself up from the mat and then I just kept coming back."

Browne never envisioned himself as a boxer in large part because of the lack of successful fighters in his area.

"Where I come from, there is no boxing," Browne said. "My trainer's (Gary Stark, Sr.) son was a professional fighter. But I never watched boxing. No one in my family never boxed. If you look at the history of boxing in Staten Island and Google it, there’s nothing. No real boxing has come from Staten Island. I picked something out that I was good at and ran with it."

Browne began to excel in the sport as an amateur. He won two National PAL titles, a U.S. national amateur championship, a three-time New York Golden Gloves champion and capped it off by making the 2012 Olympic boxing team before turning professional in November 2012.

A little more than six years later, Browne is getting a crack at championship gold. The 28-year-old was supposed to face then-WBO light heavyweight champion Sergey Kovalev last summer. But Browne was arrested in April for his second alleged case of domestic violence in a four-month span and the fight didn't come to fruition. Browne doesn't talk about the incident but has his focus set squarely on former two-division world titleholderBadou Jack, who will serve as the most prolific opponent of Browne's career.

"I’m grateful," Browne said. "I had a rough year last year. Anything could have happened. I’m very fortunate to be in this position to be able to keep my record intact and still fight through all the outside trials and tribulations that I’ve gone through. I’m in a great space. I’m honored to be on this stage. It’s a blessing. But at the end of the day, I’m here to stay. I’m no fly-by-night thing. I’m here to make a name for myself and it starts with Badou Jack. I know who I’m facing. He’s tough and rugged. But I saw what he did against Stevenson and (James) DeGale. He’s not going to pull a rabbit out of his hat."

Browne is well aware of the narrative that facing Jack will be a huge step up in competition and the idea that he's a considerable underdog, but that only serves as motivation.

"I actually like that people are saying that," Browne laughs. "Let people keep sleeping on me because when I wake their asses up we will see what they have to say then. I guess he’s fought tougher guys. But that was at super middleweight. I’m the first real light heavyweight that he’s fighting. Nathan Cleverly is a bum, Adonis Stevenson was old to me and you unfortunately seen what happened to him in his last fight. I’m a sharp, young, savy fighter. He hasn’t fought nobody like me with my skillset and what I bring to the table. We’ll see come Saturday if he’s still a high caliber fighter when he takes on a high caliber opponent."

Browne added: "A win here means everything. All my Olympic teammates fought for titles. Most of them won. Now, this is my first shot. I’m here to stay."

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/pac...175547371.html

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    I don’t think this is a worthy argument, they are likely both quite dumb in a broad sense. Manny can’t really speak English, and even if he could that doesn’t serve as a measure of intelligence. What does he really do politically anyways? He got elected based on his celebrity, in a country that is hopelessly corrupt and fairly backwards, not to mention being a politician anywhere doesn’t guarantee you aren’t an idiot. Manny also hasn’t made nearly as much money as he could have and squandered most of what he has, surrounds himself with countless yes men, etc etc. Again, pointless argument imo.

Not totally discounting anything you said but..... who do you think would last longer in a TV interview without having the interviewer get up and leave, or thousands of TV sets change channels simultaneously?

With Pacquiao I'd probably have a lot of questions to ask, and I presume he'd answer them coherently.... whether I agreed with him or not.

With Broner after about 2 minutes it'd be like...... "Oh darn! Seems we've run out of time. Thanks for granting us this interview. Gotta run... got a cab waiting outside."

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

IQ debate? I love it!

Clearly both have pretty low IQ's. Broner easily less intelligent than Manny, but Manny isn't smart. Whence him blowing through his money so easily. He is quite simple.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

$75 for PPV in America!?!

The exact same fights (when the bout is fought in America too) are usually £15.95 here. Wilder v Fury cost £19.95 and people were so outraged nobody much bought it.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post

Not totally discounting anything you said but..... who do you think would last longer in a TV interview without having the interviewer get up and leave, or thousands of TV sets change channels simultaneously?

With Pacquiao I'd probably have a lot of questions to ask, and I presume he'd answer them coherently.... whether I agreed with him or not.

With Broner after about 2 minutes it'd be like...... "Oh darn! Seems we've run out of time. Thanks for granting us this interview. Gotta run... got a cab waiting outside."
    I’d think both would last about the same, since people bothered to watch in the first place. I don’t think either is more interesting than the other in English, and they are both manufactured to sell themselves. Of course Manny has had a career Broner won’t be able to dream of, that’s probably part of where you are coming from.

Mentioned
    1669 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    $75 for PPV in America!?!

The exact same fights (when the bout is fought in America too) are usually £15.95 here. Wilder v Fury cost £19.95 and people were so outraged nobody much bought it.
    This fight is free on ITV here?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Thanks Master, I hadn't looked at ITV 4.
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Thread Information