Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
I don’t think this is a worthy argument, they are likely both quite dumb in a broad sense. Manny can’t really speak English, and even if he could that doesn’t serve as a measure of intelligence. What does he really do politically anyways? He got elected based on his celebrity, in a country that is hopelessly corrupt and fairly backwards, not to mention being a politician anywhere doesn’t guarantee you aren’t an idiot. Manny also hasn’t made nearly as much money as he could have and squandered most of what he has, surrounds himself with countless yes men, etc etc. Again, pointless argument imo.

Not totally discounting anything you said but..... who do you think would last longer in a TV interview without having the interviewer get up and leave, or thousands of TV sets change channels simultaneously?

With Pacquiao I'd probably have a lot of questions to ask, and I presume he'd answer them coherently.... whether I agreed with him or not.

With Broner after about 2 minutes it'd be like...... "Oh darn! Seems we've run out of time. Thanks for granting us this interview. Gotta run... got a cab waiting outside."
I’d think both would last about the same, since people bothered to watch in the first place. I don’t think either is more interesting than the other in English, and they are both manufactured to sell themselves. Of course Manny has had a career Broner won’t be able to dream of, that’s probably part of where you are coming from.

Not claiming Manny's a rocket scientist, mind you. And his English is heavily accented and a bit broken. But I base my opinion on the fact Manny seems to be able to string more than a few words together to form coherent sentences.

What little I've heard from Broner puts him at a disadvantage right there.

Hell.... even Floyd.... who Broner laughingly tried to model himself after.... can carry out a halfway decent conversation. Broner can't.