Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Errol Spence vs Mikey Garcia

What'll happen guys, is that Spence will mop the floor with Mikey... and Mikey will see it was too far a leap to meet a superstar at that weight. He'll come back down and meet Loma, hopefully while still undamaged. Spence will get his Thurmans, Porters and Crawfords. They're not going anywhere.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What'll happen guys, is that Spence will mop the floor with Mikey... and Mikey will see it was too far a leap to meet a superstar at that weight. He'll come back down and meet Loma, hopefully while still undamaged. Spence will get his Thurmans, Porters and Crawfords. They're not going anywhere.
    If they pull decent PPV numbers the fights become easy to make. If it flops it’s easier for everyone to avoid. For this reason I will pay.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Massive props to Mikey for having the balls to step up and take on such a huge challenge but I don't see him winning this at all. He is currently one of my favourite fighters and I will be rooting for him but I don't see it happening. Spence is just too big and strong for him and will probably stop Mikey late on.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve always said that I have no problem with the fight in general, but unlike the olden days of boxing, boxers don’t fight enough for it to be worth it. Mikey will fight Spence in February, lose, then have a comeback/tuneup fight. So he won’t be fighting other good fighters his weight until I would guess 2020.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I’ve always said that I have no problem with the fight in general, but unlike the olden days of boxing, boxers don’t fight enough for it to be worth it. Mikey will fight Spence in February, lose, then have a comeback/tuneup fight. So he won’t be fighting other good fighters his weight until I would guess 2020.
    This is my gripe with it. I complain about fights a lot so I didn’t want to complain but if it was in December I’d be fine with it. Being in February I do have some issues with it. Just trying to hold my tongue haha

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    This is my gripe with it. I complain about fights a lot so I didn’t want to complain but if it was in December I’d be fine with it. Being in February I do have some issues with it. Just trying to hold my tongue haha
    I just think he has better options. I mean if Mikey truly believes he can beat Spence then I understand what he is doing. I just don’t see it.

In a perfect world, I would have him take his mandatory and fight Commey. Then he fights Loma. Then by that time the 140 tournament will be over and he can fight the winner. Then Spence I’m sure will be moved up in weight by that time but he could probably fight Crawford

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Garcia deserves respect for trying to make this fight but he could probably still make 130. He hasn't looked the same boxer at even 140, doesn't seem to have the same punch power at 140 and physically he looks like even 140 is too much for him. Going up to 147 to fight a massive physical welterweight who can box and punch is nuts in my opinion. All the good Garcia gets from it is going to come before the first bell goes. He's going to get the kudos, respect, whatever you call it and a lot of media coverage. I don't think he'll make a dent in Spence and if he's just going in to make it to the final bell what's the point?

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    Garcia deserves respect for trying to make this fight but he could probably still make 130. He hasn't looked the same boxer at even 140, doesn't seem to have the same punch power at 140 and physically he looks like even 140 is too much for him. Going up to 147 to fight a massive physical welterweight who can box and punch is nuts in my opinion. All the good Garcia gets from it is going to come before the first bell goes. He's going to get the kudos, respect, whatever you call it and a lot of media coverage. I don't think he'll make a dent in Spence and if he's just going in to make it to the final bell what's the point?
    I was talking about this just the other day, he deserves a fuck load of credit, he is moving up in weight, he will be a massive underdog in pretty much every aspect purely because of the size difference.

It's nice to see someone take that chance though, he's obviously not frightened about losing the 0, that is the only thing that he has to lose.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Mikey still cracks pretty good at 140, 147 is another story.

Smart thing for Mikey would be to do a catchweight. I'll be even more impressed if he doesn't demand one.

If everything was equal, I'd back Garcia, but with weight and youth on Spence's side, the advantage lies with Spence.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirkland Laing View Post
    I was talking about this just the other day, he deserves a fuck load of credit, he is moving up in weight, he will be a massive underdog in pretty much every aspect purely because of the size difference.

It's nice to see someone take that chance though, he's obviously not frightened about losing the 0, that is the only thing that he has to lose.
    Mikey clearly has confidence and heart to match, but weight jump matches vs big bangers like this can cost more than an undefeated record ala Brook. Damage sits on lighter fighters in their 30s and Mikey hasn't been too hard to find in last couple. Would love Mikey to go 140 which is blowing up right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Personally I would have much rather seen Garcia - Loma and Spence - Crawford, but no complaints for this match. Errol cleans his clock, I wonder what Mikey sees that makes him want to fight him, but I defintely dont see it for Mikey.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Sounds like this is going to be on Fox PPV.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Is that a first for them?

Horrible trend if it is but a brilliant fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Is that a first for them?

Horrible trend if it is but a brilliant fight.
    I'm not sure, but FOX has a wider audience than Showtime. They'll need to beef up the undercard, it is a great fight, I not sure how well it does tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I feel like normal FOX would be great. A national audience for this fight would be great for boxing. No more PPVs.

Thread Information