Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
I don’t disagree with the crux of you two, but surely the fight increases lomas chances all around? Mikey putting on the weight and taking a beating can only hurt him going back down. He spoke well and seemed completely fine in the post fight stuff and all though, and looked/fought like he just didn’t cut weight rather than moved up, so i see the case.
Surely taking a beating never helps and “accepting defeat” makes accepting defeat easier the next time. I only mean directly nothing can be taken from this. Mikey couldn’t get Spence’s respect to slow him down enough to get his own stuff going. With Mikey’s power at 135 Loma would have to respect the power. The question is the same as always between them. Can Mikey turn with Loma and punch, if you can the matrix movement goes out the window like it did against Pedraza. It looks great against people that lack that talent but it simply doesn’t work against people that have talented feet of their own. Does Mikey turn with Loma and shoot the right? If so it turns into a heads up boxing match. Then it is Mikey’s power vs Loma boxing straight up. Very interesting.

I look at it as I look at GGG vs Brook. That destruction didn’t mean anything about how good Brook was at 147 because Brook didn’t have fight altering power at 160. It’s like Rigo at 130, not really Rigo. Etcetera
Mikey, Brook and Rigo could all beat world-class fighters in those elevated divisons, what they couldn't do was compete with three elite bigger men who not only had a size and strength advantage but also equal skills.