Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Golovkin v Callum Smith

“Look, Callum Smith is doing well right now,” Loeffler told Behind the Gloves when asked about a possible UK bout, “Chris Eubank Jr is fighting James DeGale – that’s a good fight.

“So there’s a lot of popular UK fighters. Coming back to the UK would be always something interesting for GGG as well.

“I think Callum Smith is a great fighter, tremendous fighter. Winning that tournament, that could be a great match-up for GGG.

“We’ve always said he would move up for the right fight.”

https://talksport.com/sport/boxing/4...-callum-smith/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Golovkin v Callum Smith

i.e. Andre ward was the wrong fight and we ducked him.

It would be interesting to see how GGG deals with the size difference. I hope GGG isn't too past it and wins it if it does happen.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Groves is a pretty big SMW and Smith's size was massively telling on him.
    Be an interesting fight.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by smashup View Post
    Groves is a pretty big SMW and Smith's size was massively telling on him.
    Be an interesting fight.
    Agreed.

He made groves look tiny.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I stuck up for GGG not going to SMW because it made no sense, he's too fucking small. Now Loeffler is saying "for the right fight........" Bullshit. Does team GGG have no shame? they're even chasing Canelo up in weight to beg for a third payday.
    I hope GGG does fight Smith, I really do. Because Smith would fucking batter him!
    GGG isn't that skilled a Boxer and will give away all his advantages to Smith. and this sounds like I'm going overboard about Smith, but I'm not.
    Smith is a solid level SMW with decent power and is rightfully top 3 in the division. Smith is also a very BIG SMW with very good power and not a bad technically sound Boxer.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I stuck up for GGG not going to SMW because it made no sense, he's too fucking small. Now Loeffler is saying "for the right fight........" Bullshit. Does team GGG have no shame? they're even chasing Canelo up in weight to beg for a third payday.
    I hope GGG does fight Smith, I really do. Because Smith would fucking batter him!
    GGG isn't that skilled a Boxer and will give away all his advantages to Smith. and this sounds like I'm going overboard about Smith, but I'm not.
    Smith is a solid level SMW with decent power and is rightfully top 3 in the division. Smith is also a very BIG SMW with very good power and not a bad technically sound Boxer.
    And despite the clear evidence someone will come in and say he’s a take all comers guy. Even sending a “petition to avoid” isn’t avoiding. The guy is teflon. People just thrust their view upon him rather than consider what him and his team actually say.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    And despite the clear evidence someone will come in and say he’s a take all comers guy. Even sending a “petition to avoid” isn’t avoiding. The guy is teflon. People just thrust their view upon him rather than consider what him and his team actually say.
    Charlo was always planning on fighting a Monroe type opponent in December. I told you this ages ago. So did you want GGG to wait around until sometime next year for Charlo, when the biggest fight for him (Canelo) could still possibly happen in May?

If GGG and Smith fight before the end of next year, I'd pick GGG to win.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Charlo was always planning on fighting a Monroe type opponent in December. I told you this ages ago. So did you want GGG to wait around until sometime next year for Charlo, when the biggest fight for him (Canelo) could still possibly happen in May?

And I’ll be challenging you in the predictions league.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And I’ll be challenging you in the predictions league.
    We're getting ahead of ourselves. But if the time comes and it's before the end of next year (will need to review after that time) then you're on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say was always, what is he supposed to do when GGGs people were never going to fight him? They’ve been quite clear even to the point of saying literally “we will never fight him” and sending a petition to avoid.

It’s going exactly how I worried and I said so long ago. GGG is going to sit and wait on Canelo. Ask Tito, I said this directly after Canelo/GGG II

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would be totally against a 3rd GGG-Canelo fight, and would think less of GGG and his people if that happened, especially in Vegas. Especially when Canelo is already going up to fight Fielding. What continues to piss me off is how Canelo only ventures out of Vegas for a sure win like Fielding. I'd bet my house and my neighbor's house that if a 3rd GGG fight happened, it would be back in Vegas. But I don't want that rerun anymore. GGG should go on about his business at 160. Plenty to choose from there. Canelo will be back to 160 like I've said before... and carefully pick and choose through the wreckage for the easy pickings.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You say was always, what is he supposed to do when GGGs people were never going to fight him? They’ve been quite clear even to the point of saying literally “we will never fight him” and sending a petition to avoid.

It’s going exactly how I worried and I said so long ago. GGG is going to sit and wait on Canelo. Ask Tito, I said this directly after Canelo/GGG II
    GGG only fought in September, what did you want him to do, sign to fight Charlo in December? That wasn't going to happen from either side.

Team GGG approved the WBC to try and get an immediate rematch with Canelo as they felt they had won the fight, and that it was deserved. Had nothing to do with Charlo.

Why shouldn't GGG sit out until May if he can get Canelo? Personally I think he is better when active, but he is getting on and the longer break could benefit him. A 3rd fight is probably the biggest for both guys.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG only fought in September, what did you want him to do, sign to fight Charlo in December? That wasn't going to happen from either side.

Team GGG approved the WBC to try and get an immediate rematch with Canelo as they felt they had won the fight, and that it was deserved. Had nothing to do with Charlo.

Why shouldn't GGG sit out until May if he can get Canelo? Personally I think he is better when active, but he is getting on and the longer break could benefit him. A 3rd fight is probably the biggest for both guys.

And I say if it happens in Vegas GGG deserves to get robbed again. Hate to sound like a broken record, but seeing Ginger fight in MSG for the 1st time in a 50-fight career is sickening.

Of course, GDP calls all the shots now, so if GGG-Canelo-3 happens, you can bet it'll be in Vegas and the scorecards will be filled in before the fight begins. Also, expect GGG regressing to a ridiculous split.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    I would be totally against a 3rd GGG-Canelo fight, and would think less of GGG and his people if that happened, especially in Vegas. Especially when Canelo is already going up to fight Fielding. What continues to piss me off is how Canelo only ventures out of Vegas for a sure win like Fielding. I'd bet my house and my neighbor's house that if a 3rd GGG fight happened, it would be back in Vegas. But I don't want that rerun anymore. GGG should go on about his business at 160. Plenty to choose from there. Canelo will be back to 160 like I've said before... and carefully pick and choose through the wreckage for the easy pickings.
    There is nothing to prove regarding Canelo. We know neither man can stop the other. We know GGG wins more of the rounds each time they fight. I was against even the second fight happening. You knew GGG needed a KO and it is obvious now that he doesn't have it in him to get that KO. He wasted a year of his prime waiting on Canelo and he hurt his reputation doing that IMO.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yeah that's a good point, I agree with that. Smith will probably put a good beating on him.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Thread Information