Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Do you have Halloween in your country?

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Do you have Halloween in your country?

I don't even know where this celebration began or why but I think it has something to do with raising the dead and maybe have something to do with the Day of the Dead ... El Dia de los Muertos in Mexico

what is your opinion on this stuff? Quite a lot of the parents of some of my younger students object to them participating in Halloween parades and wearing costumes dressed as the devil or demons for Monsters or things of this nature. I kind of understand that to a certain extent as it is kind of a celebration for promotion of evil and violence and murder and frightfulness. the simple thing that they say Trick or Treat is proof that if a treat is not given then Mischief will ensue.

When we were kids the Night Before Halloween was called Goosey night or some kids like to call it cabbage night or Mischief Night and kids would go around the neighborhood throwing eggs at houses and spraying shaving cream on cars and dangling toilet paper from the electrical wires and from the tree branches then sometimes lighting it on fire. Some other things they would do on the night of October 30th would be to go around and grab the pumpkins and the jack-o'-lanterns on everybody's front steps and smash them either they're in the yard or in the middle of the street

not too sure about this so-called holiday very much it is somehow it to associated with witches and goblins and Ghouls and monsters and Dracula and werewolves and things of that nature although the more harmless costumes for example I saw a kid today who was inside of a cardboard box constructed to look like a TV set was rather comical. Actually a small Halloween parade passed right in front of my house this afternoon of about five or six hundred youngsters which I took a good short video of it I will post here in this thread the minute I get the chance

So do you have Halloween in your country? I think it is spreading more and more around the world as kids just love to dress up in costumes and get free candy
    Last edited by brocktonblockbust; 11-01-2018 at 02:55 PM.

Thread Information