Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
One thing for sure is that the more time passes, the less likely it is he'll get another crack at the NFL. If he's not actually serious about wanting back in, it'll never happen. The distraction thing is a real point. But not so much for the "me, me, me" aspect of it, as for the annoying press coverage that would make it 99% about Colin Kaepernick and 1% about the rest of the team. Chemistry would go right out the window.

So yeah... I wouldn't bet money on Kaep ever returning to the league. As for his cause, it may not be him, but hopefully somewhere down the line someone else will pick up the ball and run with it. The good thing about someone like Kaep doing it is that people tend to listen more to high-profile figures, like athletes, celebrities, etc. The average Joe gets up and starts to pontificate about the evils of today's white cop society.... and precious few will even bother to listen.
Oh ESPN is DYING for him to get in the league regardless of if he's good, bad, indifferent, starting, on the bench, whatever they just want to ring the Colin Kaepernick bell until the clapper falls out! Him just trying out has them in a state of worshipful focus. Yes chemistry would be right out the window, the "Me, Me, Me" guys are a distraction and that goes for egomaniacs like Terrell Owens just the same as political figures like Kaepernick and religious figures like Tim Tebow....they all drew the eyes of the media and that ruffles feathers especially when they fuck up and dont' want the spotlight shining on them OR they take spotlight off of a top performer who is earning it....although in some cases that's a good thing and can be used by a smart coach.

Is that the GOOD thing about it though? I mean look at the NBA and China and the Hong Kong situation....is it GOOD that Lebron James is out there making a damned fool of himself to cover for China's tyranny? That ain't good.

White cop society? Wut?

The white cop/black man shooting problem. The problem that, although it doesn't affect US (you and me), is still a problem. Your dislike for Kaepernick and others like him (Lebron, etc) is apparent. I personally don't hold Kaepernick's outspoken-ness against him. In Lebron's case, he's mouthing off about a global issue that is really none of his concern, regardless of NBA's ties or derived benefits from China. It's not his case to plead.

Terrell Owens was all about Terrell Owens. Now THAT'S a "me, me, me" guy now that you mention it. I don't group those three together.