I know enough to understand the issue of excessive use of force from police against young black men is not something that happens in a vacuum. There's no easy fix, there's no simple solution, and there's no 1 root cause either. Oftentimes the police have not covered themselves in glory, but likewise, there are policemen out there who just want to make it through the day and they put up with major bullshit on the regular.

I believe fatherlessness and lack of a positive male role model is a huge issue in several communities which show a disproportionate level of criminal activity. And hell we can discuss the WHY's and HOW's of fatherlessness and lack of positive male role models for eons! Could be the 'War on Drugs' has seen many nonviolent people locked up, could be the 'War on Poverty' incentivized not getting married and just pumping out babies, could be the Sexual Revolution made premarital sex less of a taboo, could be that certain public schools are absolute shitholes where nobody is able to learn anything they're just trying to survive.

All those things can and should be discussed, as should militarization of the police force but the agenda put forth by Colin Kaepernick and BLM is a lot more than just "end police killings".....also SOME uses of force and even uses of lethal force are absolutely justified. A fellow I went to high school with was killed by the police and I've got to say the guy EARNED it...you cannot bodyslam a policewoman, show no effects of being tazered by that officer and then expect to not receive live rounds. The guy was always a nice person to me, I never had issue 1 with him or he with me and yeah it's sad he left the world with so much life left to live. I wonder had a MALE officer been first on the scene would the guy still be alive? That's also an issue to discuss.....women I'm sure will perceive life threatening events differently than men.

There is an idea among certain people that officers can "shoot to wound/maim" and that's just wrong a gun is a deadly weapon and when it is drawn the holder of that weapon should be thinking "once I pull this trigger someone WILL die" not COULD die, not MIGHT die, WILL die. So education in what law enforcement officers face is also something to think about.

It frustrates me so much that there's a wholehearted push for Communism under the guise of "these cops are evil and they are murdering young black men" .....it's infuriating to me because it glosses over the real issue to promote the worst bullshit possible which is Communism and if you're really worried about police violence, Communism ain't the route you want to go.

My fixes
1. 2 parent households & more unified communities who watch after youthful members of their community regardless of color
2. education (of civilians and police)
3. jobs, people with good jobs don't typically commit violent crimes or commit to a life of crime
4. more controlled interactions between police and civilians. more situations in day to day life where police aren't seen as the enemy and don't negatively impact the groups they're supposed to 'protect & serve'