Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Wow!

New York Giants fans must be sick to their stomach. They won their game today, and only needed for the Philadelphia Eagles to beat the Washington No Names, in order to make the playoffs. So what do the Eagles do? They sit their QB, Jalen Hurts in a 3-point game late in the game so they could (cough) take a look at their 3rd string QB... and proceeded to throw the game away. What the hell... the Eagles weren't going anywhere, so it's no skin off their backs. But man... what a way to end the season and thumb their noses at the NY Giants. I'm betting the Giants will remember that going into next season and will be looking to bury the Eagles the first chance they get.

Meanwhile, my Steelers made it, although losing to the Cleveland Browns. Next week they face them again in the Wild Card weekend and, although nothing personal against the Browns... I'll be rooting for the Steelers, of course.

Also Tampa Bay won in impressive fashion. I'm rooting for them also, because I want Tom Brady to further cement his legacy as NFL quarterback GOAT. They'll be playing the No Names next week.

If the Steelers should lose, I'll be rooting for the perennial losers, the Buffalo Bills. They look super impressive this season, and may end up in the AFC Championship Game against the KC Chiefs (the next team to be stripped of its name by the PC police, I'd bet) .

Next weekend will be the first of my two weekends where I OD on the NFL playoffs. Three games on Saturday... three on Sunday. I plan on watching at least 4 of the 6 games.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lockdown may be responsible for me watching an entire day of NFL this weekend!

Bills 13-3
    Chiefs 14-2
    Steelers 12-4
    Titans 11-5

WASHINGTON makes playoffs at 7-9 LMAO!! with a 1-win winning streak!!
    Packers 13-3
    Seahawks 12-4
    Saints 12-4

My Pack are riding 6 game winning strike, most this NFL season ending.

I will go Bills over the Colts
    SeaHawks over Rams week 1.

Bucks over Washington or face the biggest laugh out the playoffs in history!! Talk about a no win scenario for Tampa, they are supposed to win!
    Steelers over Browns
    Saints over Bears.
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Not sure, but I think if the Buccaneers win, their reward will be a trip to Green Bay. Damn... that one looks uphill.

Slim, I know you're a Packer fan... but I'm gonna have to be rooting for the Bucs if that happens.

Right now though, it looks like it could be a Packers-Chiefs Super Bowl... which curiously would be a rematch of the VERY FIRST SUPER BOWL!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Saints just trucking along. Kamara has entered another level completely but lets hope we actually have a starting RB unlike last week, thanks covid . Bears pretty beat up on defense so unless we shoot ourselves in the foot *cough penalties Saints should clean up.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Not sure, but I think if the Buccaneers win, their reward will be a trip to Green Bay. Damn... that one looks uphill.

Slim, I know you're a Packer fan... but I'm gonna have to be rooting for the Bucs if that happens.

Right now though, it looks like it could be a Packers-Chiefs Super Bowl... which curiously would be a rematch of the VERY FIRST SUPER BOWL!!!
    Brady or Rodgers? Who does one root for? As tough as Leonard or Hearns? Hearns or Hagler? I love it when 2 tops make it that are both worth rooting for!

Hey, if they both make it thats a win for me to see those old dudes school them youngins!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post

Brady or Rodgers? Who does one root for? As tough as Leonard or Hearns? Hearns or Hagler? I love it when 2 tops make it that are both worth rooting for!

Hey, if they both make it thats a win for me to see those old dudes school them youngins!!!

We're so fortunate to be living in the age of Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and a handful of others who will certainly be in the HOF. I like Rodgers and always have... but I'd be tickled pink if Brady and the Bucs make it into the Super Bowl.

Not much of a chance against the Pack, though.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Buffalo bills v Park and rec colts on now, mon the bills... It's still early here though so I'm going to wander off and miss most of this one.. Seahawks on later though v the dastardly LA.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

What a FUKKING good day of football yesterday!!!!!

Three close, competitive games of football with all kinds of drama, turning points... the whole works.

It's too damn bad that COVID has made it necessary to play without the crowds. I imagine those stadiums would've gone insanely NUTS yesterday.

But I'm grateful the NFL found a way around the pandemic to play the whole season and now be in the playoffs. As a diehard fan... I'm eternally grateful.

Not only was the quality of the football excellent yesterday..... but the teams I wanted to win..... WON!!

Sorry for any Colts, Seahawks, or WTF fans. But no need to hang your head. All losing teams played admirably. They were just outplayed by hungrier opponents.

Thrilled to DEATH that Brady and the Bucs moved on. Major hats off to Alex Smith's QB backup. That guy should be a starter somewhere. Don't remember how to spell his name... but it's extremely close to Heineken.

The Bills deserved to win, and end that humongous drought of playoff game wins. I was moved by a shot of a Bills fan crying with joy in the stands (the Bills DID let it a few thousand, scattered fans).

The Seahawks... well... sometimes I'm turned off by Russell Wilson's smugness. So I didn't really mind all the sacks and knockdowns he took from that SCARY Rams defense.

If today turns out halfway as good as yesterday was..... I'll be a happy man.

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I bet the colts are kicking themselves. all those yards....and that missed FG, man...they clawed back 2 tds 4th quarter...made it exciting. But a 27-24 loss, that FG is gonna get replayed in a lot of mind movies over the nest few weeks(bad dreams) for the Colts...it happens.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Damn. Total momentum shift from the Titans to the Ravens.

Can't stand the Ravens.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    I bet the colts are kicking themselves. all those yards....and that missed FG, man...they clawed back 2 tds 4th quarter...made it exciting. But a 27-24 loss, that FG is gonna get replayed in a lot of mind movies over the nest few weeks(bad dreams) for the Colts...it happens.
    The kicker will be demonized in Indiana until he goes crazy and kidnaps little sebastian or whoever the colts mascot is... Hopefully we can rely on a good pet detective to save him

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Lovely catch from the Chicago bears guy with the last play of the game, they still lost by 12 but a nice a way to lose as it gets maybe :S.... New Orleans maybe would have liked to have had a wider win but after the tight first half they pulled away pretty good...

What's next cleavage browns v Pittsburgh....

Mon the browns I guess... Woof woof woof... Or whatever they do

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Lovely catch from the Chicago bears guy with the last play of the game, they still lost by 12 but a nice a way to lose as it gets maybe :S.... New Orleans maybe would have liked to have had a wider win but after the tight first half they pulled away pretty good...

That was definitely a little shaky for the Saints. Brees says it's his last year and Taysom Hill has proven to be a great multi tasker but unreliable in the pocket. Going to be an all out scrap v the Bucs and Brady next out.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

That was definitely a little shaky for the Saints. Brees says it's his last year and Taysom Hill has proven to be a great multi tasker but unreliable in the pocket. Going to be an all out scrap v the Bucs and Brady next out.

We'll be on opposite sides on this one, bro.

It'll be historic, though.

Gotta be the first playoff game with a combined age of 84 going on 85 in a few days.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post

We'll be on opposite sides on this one, bro.

It'll be historic, though.

Gotta be the first playoff game with a combined age of 84 going on 85 in a few days.
    Going to be tough. But really want this for Brees. 2010 feels like 100 years ago and he's given everything to this team and City. Sucks though because no matter who takes it they'll be that big ugly fat asterisk of *Covid season . Enjoy it while we can.

Thread Information