Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

I'm just going along for the ride.

I love good defensive games... but a good ol' shootout is wonderful as well. You had two high-octane offenses last night, going tit-for-tat. Mahomes is awesome, the real deal. He played superbly last night, even with the times he got roughed up. Goff was right behind him, though. It very well could've been a Super Bowl preview, although you can't count out the Saints. The atmosphere was electric... I'll bet the Estadio Azteca people are kicking themselves for not having the field in condition for the game, and having it changed back to L.A.

Some calls are still maddening but what can you do..... at least they're called evenly on all sides.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dallas v phillidelphia, is having an interesting end to it.. some strange refereeing decisions on that scoring drive for phillidelphia. . For both sides. .. could be going to extra time here...

Mon the cowboys

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cowboys bungle it.. not far from field goal range, 3rd down one timeout, the git buggers up the snap.. therefore a sack and even further back. Kills there timeout too.. so extra time it is.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh nice. Extra time and Dallas are on fourth down one yard from first dow, around the 20 something yard line and they go for it an get it..good work Dallas. American football is one of the best sports to watch at the end of games.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dallas wins.. bit of luck there... deflected on a phillidelphia player and cowboy catches it gets touchdown and therefore wins, seems a crap eat to end overtime and very dependent on a coin toss but wotever... Philadelphia seem better than their record suggests

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't get to see the whole game..... only knew it was 6-0 at halftime. As long as the NY Giants don't win, I don't really have a favorite in that division. I used to be a Cowboy hater, but that was back when they used to call themselves America's Team.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I am sympathetic to the cowboys as the old git who owns them does really seem to love them and im not north american so as long as I have been here they seem to always be a bit crap :S.... especially poor old Romo. I do not have a favourite nfl team, I just find it a good sport to watch once the meaningfull games start.. nfl playoffs contain so many amazing moments regularly that I think it actually might be fixed.

Chicago v saint Louis rams now.. now work for me tomorrow. So me drunk

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Yes...... I missed some good boxing during my recent week and a half trip to Denver, but.............................

I caught the Broncos - Browns game................... LIVE.

I was cold, but it was good. Great crowd..... great game..... great seat. It was my 2nd Broncos game. Last year I was in Denver also and caught the Broncos - Jets.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Been overdosing on the NFL Wild Card playoffs this weekend. So far 3 out of the 4 games have concluded.

Indianapolis Colts 21, Houston Texans 7 - Must admit being surprised by this one. I thought with Deshaun Watson and Houston's D-line they would win at home. But Luck played great and Indy's defense is underrated, IMO.

Dallas Cowboys 22, Seattle Seahawks 20 - Typically not a Cowboys fan, but I don't hate them as much as I used to. Still... I don't think the 'Boys advance too far from here.

Los Angeles Chargers 23, Baltimore Ravens 17 - I REALLY didn't want the Ravens to win, and the damn Chargers almost coughed up a 23-3 lead in the 4th quarter. Would've been an epic meltdown.

Right now the Chicago Bears and Philadelphia Eagles are locked in a defensive struggle.

TitoFan reporting here.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Ok ok..................... I know you're all sitting on pins and needles.

Well, the Eagles pulled it off, upsetting the Bears 16-15 in Chicago. So much for the NFL's top-rated defense. Which means the schedule for the Divisional Championships is set.

Next Saturday:

Indianapolis Colts at the Kansas City Chiefs - I could be wrong, and I'm a pretty lousy NFL game prognosticator, but I think the Colts' luck (pardon the pun) runs out on this one. The Chiefs are probably Super Bowl bound.... they're that good.

Dallas Cowboys at the Los Angeles Rams - Well I already said the Cowboys wouldn't go beyond the next round, and I'm sticking to it. I think the Rams win comfortably.

Next Sunday:

Los Angeles Chargers at the New England Patriots - Tom Brady's getting old.... and NE isn't the dominating juggernaut it used to be. Still, it's hard to pick against them in New England. The Patriots win in a squeaker.

Philadelphia Eagles at the New Orleans Saints - I know the Eagles just beat the mighty Bears, but Trubisky is no Drew Brees. This one is tough to call, but I think the Saints take it in front of their home fans.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Poor old bears kicker.... that's half bad luck and half a bungle. ... he made it first time but phillidelphia used the old late timeout trick on him and he buggered the second a tempt. ...feel bad for him, missing a kick like that right at yhe end could finish his career. Eagles have some good stuff but I think foles will be their undoing lightning isn't striking twice here and new Orleans should be able to out score them....even though eagles have a good defence...

What the dickens were the Seattle defence thinking too.. they gave away two bad pass interefence penalties on consecutive 3rd downs.... Seattle of a few years ago would never do that... good fortune for Dallas and eagles but I concur i think both are out next round....

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I only watched the two later games, too early for me on west coast time to see the first games on Saturday and Sunday.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Momentum is a funny thing (and key in us sport playoffs) so I wouldn't be surprised if a eagles team on a high catches a snoozing new Orleans team.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wild card teams that come into the playoffs scratching and clawing (and peaking) many times make the most dangerous of opponents. Right now the Chargers (although they had a good enough record to have been division leaders, except for the KC Chiefs) and the Eagles fit that narrative. Of the 4 visiting teams next week, I think those 2 could surprise, although the Colts seem pretty hot too. I think only the Rams-Cowboys game is a done deal.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Ok ok..................... I know you're all sitting on pins and needles.

Well, the Eagles pulled it off, upsetting the Bears 16-15 in Chicago. So much for the NFL's top-rated defense. Which means the schedule for the Divisional Championships is set.

Next Saturday:

Indianapolis Colts at the Kansas City Chiefs - I could be wrong, and I'm a pretty lousy NFL game prognosticator, but I think the Colts' luck (pardon the pun) runs out on this one. The Chiefs are probably Super Bowl bound.... they're that good.

Dallas Cowboys at the Los Angeles Rams - Well I already said the Cowboys wouldn't go beyond the next round, and I'm sticking to it. I think the Rams win comfortably.

Next Sunday:

Los Angeles Chargers at the New England Patriots - Tom Brady's getting old.... and NE isn't the dominating juggernaut it used to be. Still, it's hard to pick against them in New England. The Patriots win in a squeaker.

Philadelphia Eagles at the New Orleans Saints - I know the Eagles just beat the mighty Bears, but Trubisky is no Drew Brees. This one is tough to call, but I think the Saints take it in front of their home fans.

Weekend's coming up... Time for another football-watching binge.

Hoping for no blowouts and four nail-biting games. I'll do my best to keep the forum up to speed.

Thread Information