Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Apparently that was a good game, and that's nice, but does anyone run the football anymore?

See Alex Smith get the Joe Theisman treatment

Girls tackling football across the country
    http://www.espn.com/blog/high-school...ss-the-country

Yeah! GIRL POWER!!!! GIRLS ROCK!!!!! Girls can do ANYTHING, YEAH!!!

CTE found in nearly 90 percent of brains donated by football players
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...otball-players

Ummm, everyone who has ever laced up cleats has CTE and they're going to die or suffer some life altering trauma from that.

Debate over youth tackle football an extension of country's polarized politics
    http://www.espn.com/espn/otl/story/_...roots-politics

No children should EVER be allowed to play football EVER!!!!

what to believe, what to believe, what to believe?

My issue isn't so much with girls playing football, I played on several football teams with a girl playing and that's fine, she wasn't a great or good player, but whatever, she played I didn't see her as any different as any of the other players. My issue is with ESPN and the idiot sports journalists/commentators who constantly push garbage like that Women are equal to Men in strength or that Football is inherently dangerous and will kill everyone who ever plays/has played...they are doing nothing other than pushing a narrative so THEY the reporters and journalists can be the story instead of the sport being the story or the game being the story.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'm just going along for the ride.

I love good defensive games... but a good ol' shootout is wonderful as well. You had two high-octane offenses last night, going tit-for-tat. Mahomes is awesome, the real deal. He played superbly last night, even with the times he got roughed up. Goff was right behind him, though. It very well could've been a Super Bowl preview, although you can't count out the Saints. The atmosphere was electric... I'll bet the Estadio Azteca people are kicking themselves for not having the field in condition for the game, and having it changed back to L.A.

Some calls are still maddening but what can you do..... at least they're called evenly on all sides.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dallas v phillidelphia, is having an interesting end to it.. some strange refereeing decisions on that scoring drive for phillidelphia. . For both sides. .. could be going to extra time here...

Mon the cowboys

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Cowboys bungle it.. not far from field goal range, 3rd down one timeout, the git buggers up the snap.. therefore a sack and even further back. Kills there timeout too.. so extra time it is.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh nice. Extra time and Dallas are on fourth down one yard from first dow, around the 20 something yard line and they go for it an get it..good work Dallas. American football is one of the best sports to watch at the end of games.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dallas wins.. bit of luck there... deflected on a phillidelphia player and cowboy catches it gets touchdown and therefore wins, seems a crap eat to end overtime and very dependent on a coin toss but wotever... Philadelphia seem better than their record suggests

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Didn't get to see the whole game..... only knew it was 6-0 at halftime. As long as the NY Giants don't win, I don't really have a favorite in that division. I used to be a Cowboy hater, but that was back when they used to call themselves America's Team.

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@TitoFan what-up?
    All's lost! Everything's going to shit!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Packers..in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th!!!~!

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Aaron wants only one dance....the one at the SB!!!

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

@SlimTrae

SLIM!

Finally... a chance to trash-talk with an esteemed fellow Saddo'er over football.

First, my apologies as I think my @mention feature isn't working very well (it tells me there's a mention, but doesn't tell me where)

Now to the matter at hand.

HA!

If you think ol' "Mr. Discount-Double-Check slash Rodgers'-special-rate slash whatever other commercials he makes"... is going to send Mr. GOAT to a premature retirement party..... YOU'RE WRONG!

In the words of NASA flight director Gene Kranz in Apollo 13......

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/1fc26ea...3-e4c69f6e60e4

This will be one for the ages, nonetheless.

But just like I like Drew Brees and felt a bit sorry when the GOAT banished him from the playoffs... so it will happen to Mr. Rodgers, who I also like very much (he's just another stone in Brady's way right now).

Still... congrats to the Packers to have come all this way and into yet another NFC Championship Game.

But... maybe next year.

(BTW... I love Aaron's commercials )

Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    @SlimTrae

SLIM!

Finally... a chance to trash-talk with an esteemed fellow Saddo'er over football.

First, my apologies as I think my @mention feature isn't working very well (it tells me there's a mention, but doesn't tell me where)

HA!

If you think ol' "Mr. Discount-Double-Check slash Rodgers'-special-rate slash whatever other commercials he makes"... is going to send Mr. GOAT to a premature retirement party..... YOU'RE WRONG!

But just like I like Drew Brees and felt a bit sorry when the GOAT banished him from the playoffs... so it will happen to Mr. Rodgers, who I also like very much (he's just another stone in Brady's way right now).

Still... congrats to the Packers to have come all this way and into yet another NFC Championship Game.

But... maybe next year.

This game will be a rare moment where fans get to see 2 future HOF QB's at the end of their career (still kicking booty!) are both 1 game away from the big dance- special enough to take us away from other stuff -if just for 3 hours!

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Everyone gets it. The NFL is merely a television show. Networks pay insane rights fees so if Tiger Woods or Canelo Alvarez has to play quarterback for the Denver Broncos they’ll still play. But players are at severe risk during a worsening pandemic. Teams are depleted so they’re not at their competitive best. You never know when games are scheduled. Teams aren’t allowed to play at home.

I look forward to Super Bowl Thursday (rescheduled from Sunday because one team’s entire offensive line is out with COVID), and the game will be moved from Tampa (because, well it’s Florida and by then everyone in the state will test positive) to Dallas (where I just lived for one and a half years and where they don’t care if everyone tests positive) and everybody has their traditional Super Bowl parties for three. The halftime show with Weeknd should be spectacular -- one guy on the field.

If the NFL was smart it would just junk the rest of the season and play it out on Playstation.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimTrae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    @SlimTrae

SLIM!

HA!

But... maybe next year.

This game will be a rare moment where fans get to see 2 future HOF QB's at the end of their career (still kicking booty!) are both 1 game away from the big dance- special enough to take us away from other stuff -if just for 3 hours!

Anyway... back to football.

Either way it goes, it'll end up being an ATG, 1st-ballot HOF'er versus a young, up-and-coming star in the Super Bowl. Either Brady or Rodgers versus Mahomes or Allen. Doesn't get any better than that.

The playoffs have been amazing... and as usual I watched just about EVERY game. (NFL overdose)

They were all pretty much competitive, if I remember correctly... and I expect this weekend to be the same.

Good luck to you, Slim... but I'm still rooting for the GOAT.

Thread Information