Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  74
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: The Lonely NFL Thread (complete with tumbleweeds)

Two championship games..... two overtime wins..... two instant classics. IMO, this has to be one of the best days in terms of post-season game quality in the history of the NFL.

I thought the Chiefs were going to take it, but hats off to Belichick and Brady. The former probably the best coach of all time..... and the latter definitely the G.O.A.T. at his position.

Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    I suspect there is a pro l. A. Conspiracy, I would be on the look out for some dodgy ref decisions in both Los Angeles games. But they are also up against darling Brady.... Ref mafia might not know what to do.
    I am not an expert but surely that was pass interference by the Los Angeles git.. odd tactics from saints though
    Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    I am not an expert but surely that was pass interference by the Los Angeles git.. odd tactics from saints though
    Clear as day. That was some Mercante Jr shat ignoring that call ! The streets are abandoned right now
    You Americans aren't even bothering to hide it anymore... I'm going full tin foil hat brigade now.

Not sure what saints were thinking after the great pass at the two minute warning... kamara is going well you could burn the clock easy running it and use up rams timeouts and they end up only costing the rams one time out and around 15 seconds.... new Orleans gave that one away.

ChiefS now. They went down 14-0 but they're fighting back a bit now... 17-7 start of 4th quarter. .. Kansas in good position on field
    Nah sorry mate but the game works properly when rules are followed and the officials do their jobs. We can Monday morning quarterback every down of every game and play calling but there's no guarantee of a run ball getting coughed up either and premier passers at the very least want better field position for a kicker. Simple as, the refs failed to call 2 flagrant penalties on the same exact play. To the point of the Rams player saying he knew he screwed up and expected a flag and the NFL issuing apologies to a head coach and the public. It's not like subjectivity scoring rounds and gray area in scoring. They call the helmet to helmet and pass interference, that ball sits on the goal line on 1st down, run it down then punch it in for win. The refs failed to do their jobs in the most basic way.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well............. the Super Bowl is about an hour away. Pats vs Rams for NFL supremacy and bragging rights. The QB GOAT vs the young gun. The most successful franchise in NFL history vs a young team in their 3rd (?) Super Bowl.

The Pats are favored, but most of the nation wants the Rams to win.

And all I've got to say is...........................

Are you ready for some football?!?!?

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Well............. the Super Bowl is about an hour away. Pats vs Rams for NFL supremacy and bragging rights. The QB GOAT vs the young gun. The most successful franchise in NFL history vs a young team in their 3rd (?) Super Bowl.

Tom Brady is not human or at least has alien or tiger blood

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Tits I grew up in a town that bordered foxboro. From my neighbor hood there was literally a path through the woods that brought us right out to route 1 standing in front of the old stadium. One of my neighbors had season tickets, we was just a working joe somehow got them. Anyway I saw quite a few games, sad thing is I was so young I had no idea what was going on but I’m grateful to my neighbor for bringing me and my grandfather bringing me to Fenway telling me how he saw Teddy Ballgame Williams, the greatest hitter who ever was. Someday the dynasty will fall but I have been a Boston and New England fan for life, screw the Brady haters

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

Tits I grew up in a town that bordered foxboro. From my neighbor hood there was literally a path through the woods that brought us right out to route 1 standing in front of the old stadium. One of my neighbors had season tickets, we was just a working joe somehow got them. Anyway I saw quite a few games, sad thing is I was so young I had no idea what was going on but I’m grateful to my neighbor for bringing me and my grandfather bringing me to Fenway telling me how he saw Teddy Ballgame Williams, the greatest hitter who ever was. Someday the dynasty will fall but I have been a Boston and New England fan for life, screw the Brady haters

That's right. Screw the Brady haters. There are so many of them, too. Anyway, I figure Boston had some good times due them. The Red Sox were losers for years.... and you may be too young to remember, but the Patriots' first Super Bowl was a forgettable blowout at the hands of the mighty Ditka-led Chicago Bears. That was a scary beatdown. It helps they changed their helmet logo, I think. The other one was kind of pansy looking. Only the Celtics and Bruins had any kind of success in previous decades, but it was great when the Red Sox finally lifted their Bambino curse.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post

That's right. Screw the Brady haters. There are so many of them, too. Anyway, I figure Boston had some good times due them. The Red Sox were losers for years.... and you may be too young to remember, but the Patriots' first Super Bowl was a forgettable blowout at the hands of the mighty Ditka-led Chicago Bears. That was a scary beatdown. It helps they changed their helmet logo, I think. The other one was kind of pansy looking. Only the Celtics and Bruins had any kind of success in previous decades, but it was great when the Red Sox finally lifted their Bambino curse.
    Sorry tits meant to like

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Man what a crappy game. Just kidding only watched 4th and thought I was watching 'footy' ball when they showed 3-3

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know right? I like tight games, which this was.... but I prefer a bit more scoring. Amazing how the Patriots have never won a SB by more than one score. They always seem to pull it off at the end.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I actually didn't mind the low scoring, it sort of made it more interesting to me especially after you had langeles beating Kansas 50something to 50 something in the regular season and so many other high scoring games over the last few years, it was sort of nice to see the defences be able to hold guys back. That's also the good thing about the NFL, it can look like one team is just in charge but los angeles were always(until right at the end) only a touchdown away from getting themselves right back into it... Sure the high scoring stuff is great fun but it was good to see the defence really own it too. I liked this superbowl.... Don't like Boston much att all because I think the bruins are total nonces but Brady, gronkowski and austro Hungarian Belichick have achieved some amazing stuff...

Maroon 5=crap.... And they wheeled out the unpopular half of outkast too :S.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Another season starts and I've forgotten who my favourite team is, so mon the saints, they're on just now :S.... Wait bollocks hank hills Texans get the win with a few seconds left.... Oh he missed the kick... But penalty... He gets to retake it :S.... Bloody ell saints....

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh bollocks, saints win... Lutz is not a clutz and kicks a 58 yarder 1 more than his record with a couple of seconds left... Nice maneuver from breesey on the last pass, very amusing last few mins.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

That was a great game. Didn't catch it all, but it was super exciting until the very end. Texans were all but dead and then Watson throws a clutch TD pass while getting crushed. Then comes Brees and does Brees, taking the Saints into FG range (sort of) and Lutz nails a clutch kick.

This weekend was pretty good to me, except my Steelers looked like shit.

Was happy to see Eli and Winston get pounded, though. Can't stand either one of them.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Steelers were indeed horrific :S I didn't see many this weekend at all, got the broncos v raiders on dazn just now though.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Nothing deflates a City like hearing the words over and over...Brees injured and out for six weeks . This is going to be rough. Reeeeaaal rough

Thread Information