Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Mayweather to fight in MMA

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ing-federation

He has signed to fight on December 31st in Rizin. It’s in Japan. The main problem is that they haven’t decided the exact rules for the fight. It looks like it won’t be a full MMA fight but it won’t be just a boxing match either.

I know that @Master is very interested

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Mayweather to fight in MMA

It will be almost exclusively boxing, or basically a fix, is my guess. The guy he’s fighting appears to be a good kick boxer, and although hes fought at 126 pounds and never above from what I gather, there is no way Floyd signs up to let a guy kick him at will. This will probably be more pointless than the Mcgregor fight.... If it Is more or less boxing, he’s fighting a featherweight novice this time. It will no doubt be a huge financial success as Japan is a massive and loyal market for their fighters, and it can be passed off as legitimate because they aren’t wise to Floyd’s act, and this kid he’s fighting is in his own right(sport). He will make a killing as well and his career won’t be any worse for it once he goes back to doing what he does against guys his size.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The circus rolls on.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No interest in this at all

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I wonder if Floyd is broke?

I just do not understand why Floyd is doing this, maybe he is being blackmailed.

Why would you put yourself through this?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

I just do not understand why Floyd is doing this, maybe he is being blackmailed.

There were rumors of gambling.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Because he loves you talking about him and realized you had a few days not posting about him.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How many hangers on does he still have around him?
    This is a bit silly but I always wondered how much these yes-men actually cost per month and where do you "recruit" them. Do they get weekly wages with a proper contract?

And he isn't bancrupt. It looks like he just likes (needs) the attention. Plus 100 million Dollars for turning up.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It will be almost exclusively boxing, or basically a fix, is my guess. The guy he’s fighting appears to be a good kick boxer, and although hes fought at 126 pounds and never above from what I gather, there is no way Floyd signs up to let a guy kick him at will. This will probably be more pointless than the Mcgregor fight.... If it Is more or less boxing, he’s fighting a featherweight novice this time. It will no doubt be a huge financial success as Japan is a massive and loyal market for their fighters, and it can be passed off as legitimate because they aren’t wise to Floyd’s act, and this kid he’s fighting is in his own right(sport). He will make a killing as well and his career won’t be any worse for it once he goes back to doing what he does against guys his size.
    He might be allowed 5 kicks per round or something.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

No idea.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Manos de Piedra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    He might be allowed 5 kicks per round or something.
    Well I hope he breaks his leg in the process.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The epitome of boredom. You can only live off of visiting pubs with your entourage and burning $10,000 bills for so long before you itch to do something different, I would imagine. Don't think the networks are knocking at his door to offer any commentator jobs, so that's out. Public speaking is out as well, as Floyd would probably engage a public's interest for about 4 minutes, and speaking engagements are usually longer than that. Now he has to see Canelo getting all the attention and that has to hurt. Must be tough when you're 41 and you've got another 40 years of boredom and uselessness to look forward to. I can see wrestling bears in his future.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    The epitome of boredom. You can only live off of visiting pubs with your entourage and burning $10,000 bills for so long before you itch to do something different, I would imagine. Don't think the networks are knocking at his door to offer any commentator jobs, so that's out. Public speaking is out as well, as Floyd would probably engage a public's interest for about 4 minutes, and speaking engagements are usually longer than that. Now he has to see Canelo getting all the attention and that has to hurt. Must be tough when you're 41 and you've got another 40 years of boredom and uselessness to look forward to. I can see wrestling bears in his future.
    Or the WWE.
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's nothing about it on his twitter. He's always said that if he's not announced it, then it's not happening...

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by ruthless rocco View Post
    There's nothing about it on his twitter. He's always said that if he's not announced it, then it's not happening...

Yeah you're right. Who cares that there's an article, a news conference, and a video of Mayweather himself announcing it.

Twitter of course trumps all that.

Thread Information