184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Usyk at Heavyweight

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I think the winner of Whyte/ Chisora will focus on AJ, Pulev and Bryan will probably try to protect their high rankings with the orgs.

Jennings would be a good first official step into heavy. He's #2 with the WBO, and brings a decent test.

If I could pick his next opponent outside of AJ, Wilder, Fury, Whyte or Pulev, Bryan, then I think Povetkin would be it.

Miller would be an intriguing David vs Goliath battle.
    Don't think jennings would be worthwhile for Usyk, well apart from gaining some ranking points.. he's in with Hearn so he doesn't need to worry so much about getting a mandatory wbo position. .. jennings is also pretty much a similar size to Usyk and the big question with Usyk is can he deal with the weight and power of the real big guys, jennings doesn't really provide that test... actually now I think the lose of whyte v CHISORA 2 would be a good intro for him, both big guys that Usyk could certainly beat and both guys that would enhance his reputation in blighty for a future joshua fight.

Chisora is also a good mate of bellew it seems so they could play up the revenge angle and chisora is also completely insane so Hearn could sell this easy.
    I'd take Jennings over the loser of Whyte/ Chisora. Jennings is bigger than Chisora.

I hope he faces a tough opponent tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Well jennings is a bit taller than chisora but I don't think there's really any question of Usyk being able to handle a guy the same height as himself with lesser boxing skills, chisora might not be as tall but he weights in around 20 lbs heavier than jennings, the weight and pnching power is the big question for a fellow like usyk. Taller guys too, so pulev could be a good option too and would let Hearn derail one of the mandatories.

El Kabong Guest

There's nothing really left for him to prove at cruiserweight, I think he'll handle the average heavyweight well. We'll see if his power carries, but to me he doesn't seem different than other average sized heavyweights Povetkin, Chagaev, Sultan Ibragimov, Chris Byrd....I mean I think he will be a good challenger but he's not a certain title contender. He's going to have to choose his opponents wisely.

Thread Information