Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Usyk fight next?

So we take it that all the top light heavy weights would have little chance of beating him?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He would beat all cruiser weights and light heavies.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    So we take it that all the top light heavy weights would have little chance of beating him?
    If Usyk weren’t so good then some may have a chance. Light heavys have some good fighters but not good enough to move up in weight to beat Usyk.

Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Isn't Hamed a HW these days?
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Al View Post
    Isn't Hamed a HW these days?
    Unfortunately you are becoming as sad as me, showbiz with blood.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

James Toney at a CW.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by boyla View Post
    He would beat all cruiser weights and light heavies.
    Agreed

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf View Post
    James Toney at a CW.
    it's not Toney's style to be losing weight.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1671 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oleksandr Usyk ready to move to heavyweight but must wait for Anthony Joshua fight, says Eddie Hearn

Eddie Hearn has urged unified cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk to make the step up to the heavyweight following his title defence against Tony Bellew.

After the Liverpudlian was stopped in the eighth round in his final fight, Bellew told Hearn that Usyk may not be ready for Joshua just yet but the Ukrainian’s promoter said he “definitely” needs to fight the heavyweight champion.

Usyk signed a short agreement with Hearn’s Matchroom promotion company, who promote Joshua, but Hearn says he has some work to do before taking on the WBO, WBA and IBF champion.

“Ultimately if he talks about the likes of Joshua, he needs to move into those realms of opponents and size, sooner rather than later,” Hearn told Sky Sports.

“He is 31, so he’s a spring chicken in terms of miles on the clock in the professional game, but he’s good enough to go on and mix it with those top heavyweights now.

“You look at the opponents for Usyk at heavyweight – Jarrell Miller, Dillian Whyte, Derek Chisora, Adam Kownacki, Luis Ortiz. There’s so many fights for him at heavyweight that he could jump straight into.

Oleksandr Usyk celebrates after remaining the unified cruiserweight champion (Getty)

“Back to the days of Evander Holyfield, he was a genius, his size compared to the others, but he made up for it with skill and heart. Usyk is going to have to do the same thing, because to beat these big, big guys, he’s going to have to do what very few have done before him.

“How many have gone from undisputed or unified cruiserweight champion to undisputed or unified heavyweight champion? Not many, so he would be on a very small list, but that’s what he wants to do. He’s focused to do it, and I see Usyk being in some major heavyweight fights in 2019.”

Having seen off Bellew in devastating fashion, Hearn believes that there is little incentive for Usyk to remain in the cruiserweight division.

“I still think he’ll move to heavyweight, because if he doesn’t, who are the fights?” Hearn added.

“Really, I see probably two fights – that’s Andre Ward and Adonis Stevenson. Ward is retired. Would he come out for a Usyk fight? Who knows?

“Adonis Stevenson is at light-heavy, but talks about moving to cruiser. It could be a big fight in the US market. Lebedev is one that’s a big fight in Russia.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ole...125506908.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

El Kabong Guest

Well the 1st and most obvious choice IMO is Povetkin...I think if he were to win that fight he'd shoot up the ratings and not have to have another fight before a title shot.

If he needs a fight before Povetkin then I suggest one of Marco Huck, Joseph Parker, Bryant Jennings.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’d be smart for him to fight a really big hw who isn’t all that good, just to get suited to the division. Brezeale is the first guy who came to mind. Someone like huck or Jennings really don’t show him anything new. David price would be funny, all risk no reward though.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hah we forgot he already beat the hell out of Huck last year

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Oleksandr Usyk ready to move to heavyweight but must wait for Anthony Joshua fight, says Eddie Hearn

Eddie Hearn has urged unified cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk to make the step up to the heavyweight following his title defence against Tony Bellew.

After the Liverpudlian was stopped in the eighth round in his final fight, Bellew told Hearn that Usyk may not be ready for Joshua just yet but the Ukrainian’s promoter said he “definitely” needs to fight the heavyweight champion.

Usyk signed a short agreement with Hearn’s Matchroom promotion company, who promote Joshua, but Hearn says he has some work to do before taking on the WBO, WBA and IBF champion.

“Ultimately if he talks about the likes of Joshua, he needs to move into those realms of opponents and size, sooner rather than later,” Hearn told Sky Sports.

“He is 31, so he’s a spring chicken in terms of miles on the clock in the professional game, but he’s good enough to go on and mix it with those top heavyweights now.

“You look at the opponents for Usyk at heavyweight – Jarrell Miller, Dillian Whyte, Derek Chisora, Adam Kownacki, Luis Ortiz. There’s so many fights for him at heavyweight that he could jump straight into.

Oleksandr Usyk celebrates after remaining the unified cruiserweight champion (Getty)

“Back to the days of Evander Holyfield, he was a genius, his size compared to the others, but he made up for it with skill and heart. Usyk is going to have to do the same thing, because to beat these big, big guys, he’s going to have to do what very few have done before him.

“How many have gone from undisputed or unified cruiserweight champion to undisputed or unified heavyweight champion? Not many, so he would be on a very small list, but that’s what he wants to do. He’s focused to do it, and I see Usyk being in some major heavyweight fights in 2019.”

Having seen off Bellew in devastating fashion, Hearn believes that there is little incentive for Usyk to remain in the cruiserweight division.

“I still think he’ll move to heavyweight, because if he doesn’t, who are the fights?” Hearn added.

“Really, I see probably two fights – that’s Andre Ward and Adonis Stevenson. Ward is retired. Would he come out for a Usyk fight? Who knows?

“Adonis Stevenson is at light-heavy, but talks about moving to cruiser. It could be a big fight in the US market. Lebedev is one that’s a big fight in Russia.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ole...125506908.html
    He definitely needs some tune up fights at HW before AJ. I understand if he wanted to stay down in weight for Ward but Stevenson? Really? He isn’t even a cruiserweight and I don’t think he is even the best light HW. He will most likely lose on Saturday.

Anyways, I’m hoping that Usyk has at least 2 fights at HW in 2019 so that by 2020 he is ready for whoever is the big dog in the division at the time.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It’d be smart for him to fight a really big hw who isn’t all that good, just to get suited to the division. Brezeale is the first guy who came to mind. Someone like huck or Jennings really don’t show him anything new. David price would be funny, all risk no reward though.
    So Brezeale isn’t all that good, but Price is all risk, no reward?
    Although I don’t see Brezeale at the top of the pile, I don’t think he’s that bad , I think he’s a match for anyone outside Parker and Joshua. As for Fury , how can we tell till after Saturday.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    Hah we forgot he already beat the hell out of Huck last year
    Well different weight class maybe different outcome

How about Sergey Kuzmin? Kubrat Pulev? Adam Kownacki?

Regardless of who he fights he should steer clear of the BIG dudes 6'5+ until he's used to the weight IMO. I still think he gets tagged too much, but who knows, maybe he's more like Holyfield and less like Haye, he's certainly been an impressive cruiserweight for whatever that is worth.

Thread Information