Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Usyk fight next?

The winner of Dillian Whyte vs Derek Chisora would be perfect.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It’d be smart for him to fight a really big hw who isn’t all that good, just to get suited to the division. Brezeale is the first guy who came to mind. Someone like huck or Jennings really don’t show him anything new. David price would be funny, all risk no reward though.
    So Brezeale isn’t all that good, but Price is all risk, no reward?
    Although I don’t see Brezeale at the top of the pile, I don’t think he’s that bad , I think he’s a match for anyone outside Parker and Joshua. As for Fury , how can we tell till after Saturday.

brezeale can’t punch, price still can. I don’t thinkh he’s awful either, that’s why he would be worth fighting.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    It’d be smart for him to fight a really big hw who isn’t all that good, just to get suited to the division. Brezeale is the first guy who came to mind. Someone like huck or Jennings really don’t show him anything new. David price would be funny, all risk no reward though.
    So Brezeale isn’t all that good, but Price is all risk, no reward?
    Although I don’t see Brezeale at the top of the pile, I don’t think he’s that bad , I think he’s a match for anyone outside Parker and Joshua. As for Fury , how can we tell till after Saturday.

brezeale can’t punch, price still can. I don’t thinkh he’s awful either, that’s why he would be worth fighting.
    I'd see Breazeale beating Price at this stage. That would be an ok match up. Both guys would raise Usyk's profile in their home countries.

If he can get Ortiz, then that would be an excellent entry to heavy.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've heard that Miller and Parker have turned down offers, Povetkin and Ortiz seem to be the front runners.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I've heard that Miller and Parker have turned down offers, Povetkin and Ortiz seem to be the front runners.
    I think that Ortiz is probably the worst match up for Usyk. He is the only HW that can anywhere near rival his boxing ability. I would like him to fight Miller just because the size difference would be funny, but he probably needs a tune up at HW before he jumps that much weight.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I think that Ortiz is probably the worst match up for Usyk. He is the only HW that can anywhere near rival his boxing ability. I would like him to fight Miller just because the size difference would be funny, but he probably needs a tune up at HW before he jumps that much weight.
    I can understand Miller looking elsewhere, as he is on the verge of a title shot. If it's true Parker turned down an offer, I guess that can considered a duck.

Either Ortiz or Povetkin would be massive first fights in the division for Usyk. I hope he does end up fighting a top 10 rated guy tho.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    I can understand Miller looking elsewhere, as he is on the verge of a title shot. If it's true Parker turned down an offer, I guess that can considered a duck.

Either Ortiz or Povetkin would be massive first fights in the division for Usyk. I hope he does end up fighting a top 10 rated guy tho.
    I’m sure that not many HWs are lining up to fight Usyk. At this point, he is high risk low reward. If Usyk gets KO’d his first HW fight then people will just claim he’s too small.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Parker’s mob have denied that there’s been any contact from Usyk’s team. Not seen anything from Miller but you could probably guess what his response would be. If I was either, especially Miller who’s probably the closer of the two to a shot, I wouldn’t entertain the idea either.

If Usyk goes in with Ortiz or Povetkin that will be a ridiculously high standard to kick off his heavyweight assault. They might both be sprinkled with old age, but they both combine the kind of size skill and punch power that you would assume could wait for a fight or two whilst Usyk bounces his punches off of a big static target to get a feel for things.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

he should debut as a heavyweight with a sure win and then move up in caliber -- and that means the winner of the January 18 fight between Bryant Jennings (24-2) and Oscar Rivas (25-0) more than it does Alexander Povetkin or Luis Ortiz.

“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Thread Information