“If you want loyalty, buy a dog.” Ricky Hatton

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who should Usyk fight next?

There's already a thread about Usyk at heavyweight, but I guess it's a different question.

Personally I'd like him to face Lebedev, then Noel Gevor (who I thought beat Briedis) and then the winner of the WBSS Cruiserweight season 2 winner. After that he would have entirely cleaned out the division and could make the move to heavy.

It looks likely tho that his next fight will be at heavy, if that's the case I think Povetkin is the perfect opponent.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    There's already a thread about Usyk at heavyweight, but I guess it's a different question.

Personally I'd like him to face Lebedev, then Noel Gevor (who I thought beat Briedis) and then the winner of the WBSS Cruiserweight season 2 winner. After that he would have entirely cleaned out the division and could make the move to heavy.

It looks likely tho that his next fight will be at heavy, if that's the case I think Povetkin is the perfect opponent.
    If he wants to completely clean out the cruiserweight division then I think what you said is the way to go.

If he is jumping straight to heavyweight then I think that someone like Jennings would be a good start or maybe Chisora.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post

If he wants to completely clean out the cruiserweight division then I think what you said is the way to go.

If he is jumping straight to heavyweight then I think that someone like Jennings would be a good start or maybe Chisora.
    Yea Jennings would be my 2nd choice, I feel Pulev and Bryan won't risk their positions but they would also be good opponents. I wouldn't mind seeing Usyk fight Ortiz.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Me too.

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Will he be made emeritus champion if he moves up? Wbc made Bellew emeritus champ so he could chase down a crippled bloated CW at HW.

If Usyk is going to make a proper charge at HW and after unifying the division does he deserve the same status?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It's an interesting proposition and a rarity with Usyk having charted his options. On one hand with wbss the slots can be refilled and the sequel goes on but what's the point of winning all in division if only to come back in a double jeopardy of sorts and get back in line. Povetkin would be solid and gives immediate connection to AJ relevant comparison wise.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Brock. He deserves a beating.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Povetkin is a touch too tough a fight for his first at the weight. I reckon Whyte beats Chisora and then Usyk fights Chisora to start with. Easy fight for Eddie to make , they've already got the platform for it , it's a name and then after that , I reckon if Usyk is serious about this , the next step would be one of the 6 foot 6 plus guys to see how he copes with the size and reach difference before pushing him towards AJ, Fury or Wilder. Maybe a Brezeale off the top of my head?
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    I think Povetkin is a touch too tough a fight for his first at the weight. I reckon Whyte beats Chisora and then Usyk fights Chisora to start with. Easy fight for Eddie to make , they've already got the platform for it , it's a name and then after that , I reckon if Usyk is serious about this , the next step would be one of the 6 foot 6 plus guys to see how he copes with the size and reach difference before pushing him towards AJ, Fury or Wilder. Maybe a Brezeale off the top of my head?
    I forgot about Brazeale. He is a bigger HW that isn’t that great so it would be a good tune up for the other big HWs

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chalets Marin 6'5"

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Swiss chalets marlin isn’t nearly that long.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mandatories until he moves up to HW, when he is ready. There is no one at Cruiser worth competition, and anyone from LH who wants to move up can get it.
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There was talk of him hanging around for Ward, but I don't see Ward coming back for that work.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Exciting fighter, but the real question is whether we should get rid of the cruiserweight division and add 10lbs to the light heavyweight division

Thread Information