Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  37
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My hat's off to Tyson Fury

Share/Bookmark
    El Kabong Guest

Default Re: My hat's off to Tyson Fury

Amazing to read these posts...so Tyson Fury would be the one to be pumped for a rematch because he boxed so well and Deontay Wilder should be scared of the rematch?

Tyson Fury was the dude who got sat on his ass twice....if I'm a puncher and I sit somebody down then even if they get back up I'm more than happy to take another shot at the guy, I mean hell maybe I didn't catch him clean often enough to have really done the damage or maybe I finally got the timing down late in the fight.

I can't see how Wilder would be 100% shitting his pants about a rematch when he dropped Fury 2 times. He fought him 12 solid rounds, sure Fury got the better of him most of the fight, but Wilder DID catch him twice.

I think once you figure out HOW to catch a fighter then you're more apt to do it. Granted Tyson Fury should still feel good about winning rounds, but he still got dropped twice which in the future doesn't bode well for winning more rounds. Chins don't improve over time either, each crack weakens them.

That said BOTH fighters should be absolutely dying for an IMMEDIATE rematch. 'Wilder-Fury II: Unfinished Business'

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder really needs Emmuel Steward I’m his corner. He would have been a perfect trainer for him.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Wilder really needs Emmuel Steward I’m his corner. He would have been a perfect trainer for him.
    I think Manny could have done well with any of the top heavies today.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong View Post
    Amazing to read these posts...so Tyson Fury would be the one to be pumped for a rematch because he boxed so well and Deontay Wilder should be scared of the rematch?

Tyson Fury was the dude who got sat on his ass twice....if I'm a puncher and I sit somebody down then even if they get back up I'm more than happy to take another shot at the guy, I mean hell maybe I didn't catch him clean often enough to have really done the damage or maybe I finally got the timing down late in the fight.

I can't see how Wilder would be 100% shitting his pants about a rematch when he dropped Fury 2 times. He fought him 12 solid rounds, sure Fury got the better of him most of the fight, but Wilder DID catch him twice.

I think once you figure out HOW to catch a fighter then you're more apt to do it. Granted Tyson Fury should still feel good about winning rounds, but he still got dropped twice which in the future doesn't bode well for winning more rounds. Chins don't improve over time either, each crack weakens them.

That said BOTH fighters should be absolutely dying for an IMMEDIATE rematch. 'Wilder-Fury II: Unfinished Business'
    To me, everything that Wilder said post fight suggested he wasn't keen on a rematch. It was immediate to be fair so he can have a little slack. Now, he says he wants it so I take his word at face value. I'm firmly in the if anyone is going to improve, it's going to be Fury camp. He boxed beautifully given the layoff and with that fight in the bank plus another training camp where he isn't so wrapped up with shedding pounds, I think he comes in all together a much sharper fighter.

Wilder can't change much for me. Going back to Tito's point previous. It's one thing acknowledging that you need to make adjustments, but it's another to be able to implement them routinely. Wilder can throw a right hand without squaring his feet up, he can throw technically correct punches. But for much of the time he doesn't, he forgets what he's been instructed and resorts to brute force. As Primo said, if it's not ingrained now it never will be.

Wilder didn't poleaxe Fury due to a subtle change of pace or distance, he didnt lure him in with deceptive feint. He did what he always does, he ploughed forward and rattled off the best right hand he could muster and that particular one came off. I don't think there was any figuring out done.

That said, I agree entirely that he should be thinking on a very basic level, I chinned that guy once, I can do it again.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Memphis View Post
    That said, I agree entirely that he should be thinking on a very basic level, I chinned that guy once, I can do it again.
    Tyson Fury showed all his tricks, he put all his cards out there....Wilder did too mind, BUT Wilder found a way to connect. I think once you do that it gives you a lot of confidence that you can get those punches to find home again.

I mean could Fury just say "Right, this time I'm 100% focused and never allowing the right hand to land!" sure he could do that,but hell he should have done that right after the first knockdown and he didn't which also tells you something. Wilder found a way to land the punch that Fury KNEW was coming....and that my friend is dangerous for the slick boxer. The punch you KNOW is coming should never get through, Wilder found a way.

Wilder SHOULD be able to make that land earlier and more often in a rematch.

Also Tyson Fury in the rematch should barrel in and attempt to tire Wilder out...he's been hit clean on the button and gotten back up, to take a puncher's confidence you have to make their strength their biggest weakness which would be don't let the power put you down, if he can't stop you then....he can't stop you...that will play in Wilder's mind.....that kind of benefits Fury because he likes the game playing part of it.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Here is another reason to quite like the nutty galoot .....

Note to any sane normal person on here who hasn't got a clue who Gemma Collins is .... she is a big fat lazy and talentless so-called 'celebrity', who is somehow famous because of her 'personality'

Go big man!
    Attached Images
    If God wanted us to be vegetarians, why are animals made of meat ?

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by X View Post
    Here is another reason to quite like the nutty galoot .....

Note to any sane normal person on here who hasn't got a clue who Gemma Collins is .... she is a big fat lazy and talentless so-called 'celebrity', who is somehow famous because of her 'personality'

Go big man!
    As you know I have never been a big fan of Fury , however he gets full marks for this comment. Also Rey you are not alone in not knowing who this gastropod is either.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Al; 02-04-2019 at 03:45 AM.
    Remember reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol .

Thread Information