All credit in the world to Tyson Fury. I thought he won the fight, even though Wilder made it closer with the two knockdowns. I don't know how Fury got up from that 12th round knockdown. He got hit with a huge right and then a left.

To me, there is a parallel between this fight and the AJ-Wlad fight.

Both were great heavyweight title fights. Hundreds of times better than any HW title fight during Wlad's chloroform reign. Before the AJ-Wlad fight, I hated Wlad for ruining the HW division..... fighting like a scared Bambi against opponents who were even more scared of him. Then he showed balls against AJ and, even though he lost, he fought like the heavyweight champion he should've fought like the entire decade. So Wlad won me over in that fight, even in a losing effort.

With Fury, I hated the way he beat Wlad. It was one of the worst HW title fights I've ever had the misfortune of watching. I became anti-Fury. I thought he was all about head games, and would never dare engage Wilder.... maybe not even show up. But I was corrected. Not only did he show up. He put on a masterful display. He won the fight, IMO, and it was a great fight. Kudos to him for getting up, especially after that 12th round knockdown, where most HW's would've been out cold. Kudos to Jack Reiss for not waving off the fight. Kudos to Wilder for continuing to try. He'll have to go back to the gym and work on straightening out that right hand. He's capable of throwing a straight right..... but needs to control it better.

Damn, I love boxing.

Kudos to both for showing so much respect and sportsmanship after the fight. I liked Fury calling AJ chicken. Joshua needs to get off his throne and realize he's got two worthy opponents out there. He won't be able to avoid Fury and Wilder forever. He's gonna have to make respectable offers, or continue fighting non-entities in the UK. Sorry...... but it's been Fury who has traveled to others' backyards and faced them.

Damn, I love boxing. Did I say that already?