93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Saul Canelo vs Rocky Fielding

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Can someone explain this to me.

I thought there were x5 belts in each division..WBC, WBO, WBA, IBF and the IBO belt.

What exactly has Canelo just won?
    The wba title. But the wba are cunning gits who decide every so often that one champion is not enough, so they elevate their champion to super champion and make the wba title vacant. For example haye was WBA heavyweight champion, then klitschko beat him, klitschko was then elevated to super champion and they vacated wba title and that's still going today, with manuel charr, fres oqurndo circus :S.... They also don't do it in every division either :S. So I Thi k technically the wba title is the actual historic one but really its a weird second division.. I only recognise the super champion as the actual wba champ.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by palmerq View Post

I thought there were x5 belts in each division..WBC, WBO, WBA, IBF and the IBO belt.

The wba title. But the wba are cunning gits who decide every so often that one champion is not enough, so they elevate their champion to super champion and make the wba title vacant. For example haye was WBA heavyweight champion, then klitschko beat him, klitschko was then elevated to super champion and they vacated wba title and that's still going today, with manuel charr, fres oqurndo circus :S.... They also don't do it in every division either :S. So I Thi k technically the wba title is the actual historic one but really its a weird second division.. I only recognise the super champion as the actual wba champ.
    So Canelo won the second division title but claims it is the premiere league title?
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post

So Canelo won the second division title but claims it is the premiere league title?
    Well mostly his promoters and the guys running the tv show.. But yes that's correct.

I am a big Canelo fan but I don't rate this title win as anything special. Not like being a three weight champion. Is even that difficult for the top guys these days anyway,

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Why do we recognize the ibo and when did that become a thing? Sounds weird hearing Joshua run on about it and I cannot recall it being a stand alone contested trinket more along the lines of the ol stepping stone nabf or usba belts. No wonder the wba churns belts out like a wood chipper.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Why do we recognize the ibo and when did that become a thing? Sounds weird hearing Joshua run on about it and I cannot recall it being a stand alone contested trinket more along the lines of the ol stepping stone nabf or usba belts. No wonder the wba churns belts out like a wood chipper.
    Nobody cares about the IBO or WBU except people that have them. The WBA regular is as meaningless as they are in divisions with a WBA Super.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I know everyone hates alvarez but he can be a joy to watch, he's whack in the guy to the body, shapes up to hook his body again, fools him switches it to an uppercut then resumes body attack. His left hooks to the body are lovely, he switches his attacks so well too. For a guy who was only winning because he was the bigger guy he did pretty good at beating a bigger fellow... and for a git who apparently dodges everyone hes taken on a good few guys who's styles are not good for him,alvarez certainly has some glaring flaws too bit I just find him great to watch even if he isn't the p4p best.
    I enjoy watching Alvarez fight. I was on the hate Alvarez bandwagon when he was getting handed everything and he made Caneloweight. But since he's stepped it up and fought GGG and showed some balls, I've really started to like the guy. He has flaws like every fighter but overall he's really well rounded, I just hope he takes on more real challenges like he did with GGG and cement himself as one of the top fighters to come out of Mexico because he has the potential.

WAR CANELO!
    He Who Is Brave Is Free

Wisdom, compassion and courage are the three universally recognised moral qualities of men.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I boycotted the fight but decided to see it on You Tube. Not sure what the sit on the ropes with body open strategy was all about.

A tall fighter like that should be on his feet using range. Matador style. You don't let a bull gore you as Canelo is definitely bull like with bullshit fights like this and the lingering effects of Mexican beef.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The commentary these days is so poor too. Canelo is a drugs cheat fresh off of two losses and they talk him up as a legend of some kind. Look at the opposition. This was not a meaningful fight. I wish Joe Calzaghe was still around.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Calzaghe would have beaten Rocky Fielding in current condition and run rings around Canelo. It would be Pac/Margarito minus conversion to China man.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I would strangely like to see George Groves against Canelo. It would be a perfect fight with Groves fresh off a loss. Lemieux is horrible. I never want to see that. Is GGG retired now or what? No sign of life from him.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

There's been an awful lot of 'why didn't he just jab' on social media. If only someone had conveyed that message to Fielding before the fight he would have been laughing.

There's also been a lot of pretending that what happened is a new thing. Shock horror, Star attraction takes the path of least resistance and the other guy is more than happy to hand over his title for a proper Christmas pay packet. The one's saying Fielding folded a bit too easily, I'll buy that. He got knocked about a bit but not steam rolled.
    When God said to the both of us "Which one of you wants to be Sugar Ray?" I guess I didnt raise my hand fast enough

Charley Burley

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo has been potshotted about by Lara and Mayweather easily enough. This was Calzaghe/Manfredo. Calzaghe would whip Manfredo today too.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo is easy to beat, as Floyd showed. The problem with these boxers is the low IQ. What else explains Rocky fighting the exact same way he's fought his entire life? Simple long range jab, potshot, spin and move off the ropes, twinkle toes, no trading on the inside. They never learn.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fielding didn’t want to beat canelo the same way Floyd did because he wouldn’t have gotten credit for originality. He wants to make a fortune betting on himself in his next big fight instead, this is all part of the plan. He is going to move up to 175 and lure Andre Ward out of retirement late next year. Then we will see a jab that is like a Holmes, hagler, hearns hybrid.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Oh DAMN. I was traveling and missed the fight. But the suspense was killing me and now I know that Canelo won by TKO.

Let's see..... I think I had stuck in a pre-fight comment somewhere in here. Ahh yes..... I found it.

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Fielding will be hyped like crazy into something bigger than he is all the way up to the fight. Then Canelo will knock him out, and it will seem like the greatest of accomplishments.

Only in boxing.....

Thread Information