Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Crawford vs Khan..

Pumping up Canelo in order to then pump up Khan. Totally unnecessary.

Canelo-Khan was the predictable plodder vs. boxer. Except this time the boxer had idiotically jumped up two weight divisions to meet someone who has made a career of coming in much heavier than his opponents..... and these are the ones from the SAME DIVISION. Credit to Khan for lasting as long as he did..... but it was like watching Teofilo Stevenson or an early George Foreman walking around with the right hand cocked and waiting for the mosquito to stay still.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Chris Algieri bullied, boxed and backed Khan in gaps. Chris I'm a nutritionist Algieri.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Primo Carnera View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenster View Post
    Arguably Khan will be Crawford's best win, certainly his most high profile. And Khan has always done great with boxers.

Just look at the guys Canelo completly and utterly outclasses, Khan gave him weight and held his own until the inevitable. Let alone the world-class fighters he's beat.
    come on ffs. While I don’t have much of a problem with this fight , let’s not try to make out that he deserves it . Loads of fights on his record will be better wins than this.
    And as for the Canelo thing, he didn’t do anything special and then got spectacularly KO’d as expected.
    Take your personal feelings for Khan out of it then pick any fighter on Crawford's record who can boast a winning record of 9-2 against world-class opposition?

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

I don't care about "deserve" or even if Khan can win, I am merely pointing out he will be Crawford's biggest and best name. And contrary to what many claim, you quite simply can't beat that many world-class fighters without being seriously top-drawer yourself.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-08-2019 at 02:49 AM.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
    Chris Algieri bullied, boxed and backed Khan in gaps. Chris I'm a nutritionist Algieri.
    Yes he changed his style to pressure Khan to offset the speed. It was great tactics as Khan has struggled with pressure at all levels - novice, British and world. Collazo and Peterson also had success pressuring him after giving up trying to box with him.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-08-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Arguably Khan will be Crawford's best win, certainly his most high profile. And Khan has always done great with boxers.

Just look at the guys Canelo completly and utterly outclasses, Khan gave him weight and held his own until the inevitable. Let alone the world-class fighters he's beat.
    come on ffs. While I don’t have much of a problem with this fight , let’s not try to make out that he deserves it . Loads of fights on his record will be better wins than this.
    And as for the Canelo thing, he didn’t do anything special and then got spectacularly KO’d as expected.
    Take your personal feelings for Khan out of it then pick any fighter on Crawford's record who can boast a winning record of 9-2 against world-class opposition?

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

I don't care about "deserve" or even if Khan can win, I am merely pointing out he will be Crawford's biggest and best name. And contrary to what many claim, you quite simply can't beat that many world-class fighters without being seriously top-drawer yourself.
    If this were a prime Khan you could be right. Khan would for sure be the biggest name Crawford hasn’t fought, but not the best fighter at this point in Khan’s career.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My point about Canelo - which went over some heads, as usual () - is everyone thought Khan was past it then and KNEW he was going to get ironed out in a mismatch, however, he won rounds against a P4P dude even giving away all the advantages.

He will obviously prepare for Crawford much more diligently than his comeback warmups, therefore a fully tuned up Khan has enough credentials to give Crawford a better fight than most expect. This time at least he'll be fighting a man the same size who might need more than one punch to send him into outer space.

There's far more predictable fights on the table for Crawford than Khan's speed and pedigree.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

The point I highlighted was that this will be "arguably Crawford's best win." I'm sorry, but that's bullshit, and that's why I'm arguing it.
    forget about "all our yesterdays" and what he was in the past , at this moment in time I don't see how Khan can be rated in the 10 best WW's on the planet based on what he has ACTUALLY done in the ring of late.
    and you're telling me that Crawford beating a guy who isn't even in the top 10 is a better victory than beating a World Champion convincingly for the title in their own Back Yard (Burns) or beating highly ranked opponents like Gamboa , Beltran and Dulorme. Or going up in weight and beating Viktor Postol, or even taking a title from a guy who beat Manny Pacquiao!
    Like I said, I'm not against the fight, from Khan's side , because he's fighting a top guy for a World Title, best of luck to him. From Crawford's side , Khan has to be a better opponent than Collazo because Khan beat him.
    But let's not hype up Khan , or even perhaps discredit Crawford with comments like this being Crawford's best win.
    and finally, again, let's not put all the bells and whistles on Khan's performance against Canelo because he won a fucking round or two. Canelo just stalked Khan a bit like a bull and a matador until Canelo caught up with him. it was ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT!
    no disrespect, but This is the same horseshit argument as when people saying Khan was winning against Danny Garcia before he got KO'd!!!!! it's ludicrous.
    Normally you can't completely discount a fighter's chances because any Boxer should have a puncher's chance, but I don't even think Khan has that chance.
    I honestly believe that the only chance Khan has got is if Crawford gets injured in the fight (shoulder or something) and Khan is fighting an invalid. But good luck to him nonetheless.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

The point I highlighted was that this will be "arguably Crawford's best win." I'm sorry, but that's bullshit, and that's why I'm arguing it.
    forget about "all our yesterdays" and what he was in the past , at this moment in time I don't see how Khan can be rated in the 10 best WW's on the planet based on what he has ACTUALLY done in the ring of late.
    and you're telling me that Crawford beating a guy who isn't even in the top 10 is a better victory than beating a World Champion convincingly for the title in their own Back Yard (Burns) or beating highly ranked opponents like Gamboa , Beltran and Dulorme. Or going up in weight and beating Viktor Postol, or even taking a title from a guy who beat Manny Pacquiao!
    Like I said, I'm not against the fight, from Khan's side , because he's fighting a top guy for a World Title, best of luck to him. From Crawford's side , Khan has to be a better opponent than Collazo because Khan beat him.
    But let's not hype up Khan , or even perhaps discredit Crawford with comments like this being Crawford's best win.
    and finally, again, let's not put all the bells and whistles on Khan's performance against Canelo because he won a fucking round or two. Canelo just stalked Khan a bit like a bull and a matador until Canelo caught up with him. it was ALWAYS GOING TO HAPPEN LIKE THAT!
    no disrespect, but This is the same horseshit argument as when people saying Khan was winning against Danny Garcia before he got KO'd!!!!! it's ludicrous.
    Normally you can't completely discount a fighter's chances because any Boxer should have a puncher's chance, but I don't even think Khan has that chance.
    I honestly believe that the only chance Khan has got is if Crawford gets injured in the fight (shoulder or something) and Khan is fighting an invalid. But good luck to him nonetheless.
    So Crawford's best opponents are -

Burns - Fought Crawford coming off a loss to Beltran, had previously been battered at British level and post Crawford lost another million fights.

Gamboa - A little featherweight who was forced to move back down in weight after losing and/or struggling with everyone at 135.

Beltran - A solid fringe world-class/journeyman drugs cheat with a million losses.

Dulorme - What the!!! How does he possibly rank any higher than Khan's last opponent - Vargas? Khan literally has a dozen names with better credentials.

Postol - Claim to fame? Forced a shot Matthesye to quit then after getting schooled by Crawford got a 2nd schooling off a British prospect.

Khan's best opponents are littered with "world" champions, unified champions, multi-division champions, lineal champions, current and former P4P and HOF-amers!!!

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

Khan's opposition makes Crawford's look embarrassing. Fact.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

Burns - Fought Crawford coming off a loss to Beltran, had previously been battered at British level and post Crawford lost another million fights.

Gamboa - A little featherweight who was forced to move back down in weight after losing and/or struggling with everyone at 135.

Beltran - A solid fringe world-class/journeyman drugs cheat with a million losses.

Dulorme - What the!!! How does he possibly rank any higher than Khan's last opponent - Vargas? Khan literally has a dozen names with better credentials.

Postol - Claim to fame? Forced a shot Matthesye to quit then after getting schooled by Crawford got a 2nd schooling off a British prospect.

Khan's best opponents are littered with "world" champions, unified champions, multi-division champions, lineal champions, current and former P4P and HOF-amers!!!

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

those opponents were a million years ago ffs. At this rate Ricky Hatton could chop his right leg off so he can make the weight, come back and he would be "Arguably Crawford's best win!"

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

those opponents were a million years ago ffs. At this rate Ricky Hatton could chop his right leg off so he can make the weight, come back and he would be "Arguably Crawford's best win!"
    Hold up mate, you've named Crawford's best wins between 2014-16, right? You chose them.

During that period Khan fought Collazo, Alexander, Algieri and Canelo?

You quite simply can't deny that Khan has superior credentials to anyone Crawford has faced, whether it be a million years ago or now. Fact.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-09-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Khan didn’t go 9-2 against the opposition you claimed he went 9-2 against. He went 8-3

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pump up Khan all you want. I myself have no problem with him facing Crawford or even DESERVING to face Crawford. But laughingly using Canelo as a measuring stick is ludicrous..... and THIS point apparently sails over blind heads.

The one time Canelo got into the ring with a consummate boxer (Floyd), he wasn't just shut out. He was embarrassed, and answered the question I and many other boxing fans were asking BEFORE the fight......... what business did Canelo have going into the same ring with Floyd Mayweather??!??

So again.... good on Crawford-Khan. May the best man (Crawford) win. Glad that Khan gets a high profile fight, even though he continues to run away from Kell Brook. Khan's mouth also runs more than a Kenyan marathoner, so I'll be rooting for a Crawford KTFO win. But please, PLEEEEEEEASE................. stop using the Canelo-Khan fight as proof that Khan deserves anything. That circus ran exactly as programmed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

Canelo
    Maidana
    Zab
    Paulie
    Kotelnik
    Garcia
    Peterson
    Alexander
    Collazo
    Barrera
    Algieri

Hold up mate, you've named Crawford's best wins between 2014-16, right? You chose them.

During that period Khan fought Collazo, Alexander, Algieri and Canelo?

You quite simply can't deny that Khan has superior credentials to anyone Crawford has faced, whether it be a million years ago or now. Fact.
    Collazo , Alexander and maybe even Algieri were completely washed up and not contenders at the time Khan fought them. they weren't fighting him for World Titles. (Unless you're now gonna try to convince me that "International and Silver" Titles are World titles!)
    and what is the fascination with Quoting Canelo all the time? Canelo fucking knocked him out stone fucking cold! how you can use that opponent to make any sort of case for Khan? you do know Khan lost that fight don't You? and how!!!
    So yes, Crawford's World Title fights AND WINS were better . And the guys he fought were fighting for the World Title , at least 1 , maybe 2 or 3 were existing Title holders.
    in a nutshell, beating Amir Khan at this stage of his career, so long since he had a meaningful fight is NOT one of Crawford's "Best wins" FACT.
    Last edited by Fenster; 01-09-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    Pump up Khan all you want. I myself have no problem with him facing Crawford or even DESERVING to face Crawford. But laughingly using Canelo as a measuring stick is ludicrous..... and THIS point apparently sails over blind heads.

The one time Canelo got into the ring with a consummate boxer (Floyd), he wasn't just shut out. He was embarrassed, and answered the question I and many other boxing fans were asking BEFORE the fight......... what business did Canelo have going into the same ring with Floyd Mayweather??!??

So again.... good on Crawford-Khan. May the best man (Crawford) win. Glad that Khan gets a high profile fight, even though he continues to run away from Kell Brook. Khan's mouth also runs more than a Kenyan marathoner, so I'll be rooting for a Crawford KTFO win. But please, PLEEEEEEEASE................. stop using the Canelo-Khan fight as proof that Khan deserves anything. That circus ran exactly as programmed.
    Are you saying Canelo is crap because he lost to Floyd? Or just crap regardless? It's not really clear whether or not you hate Canelo?

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Khan didn’t go 9-2 against the opposition you claimed he went 9-2 against. He went 8-3
    That is true, Ron. I don't consider the Peterson loss but officially you're correct.

Thread Information