Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do you think is the best heavyweight: Wilder, Fury or Joshua?

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Who do you think is the best heavyweight: Wilder, Fury or Joshua?

Who's the best, in your opinion?

I think it's Anthony Joshua.

Tyson Fury will be a clear #2 in a few months, when he's back to his best. He's already back in the gym, he'll be better in his Wilder rematch.

I rank Wilder below those two. He may not even be #3, I think Whyte, Miller and several others might beat him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Who do you think is the best heavyweight: Wilder, Fury or Joshua?

On paper Tyson has had the best career, so far.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fully motivated and inspired Fury beats AJ and Wilder.

In reality it is AJ who is the most consistent.

Wilder has power but too one dimensional against the top fighters.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Three different styles and all capable of beating each other on their day.

A fully focussed and fit Fury just shades it for me
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Fury as he shakes off more ring rust is the all around boxing package, speed, mobility and chin minus the ko power.

With more ring time, he could be the best we have today.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Depends on how you define “best”. AJ is the best in terms of fundamentals and technique. If you have a young kid and want to show textbook, learned skill ajishua is your guy.

If you define “best” as most exciting, Wilder is your guy. If you want to show your young fighter what a tough, intimidating mentality is, Wilder is the man. You won’t be able to teach what Wilder does, because he was born with that punch and his personal experience has created that mentality.

If you define “best” as the fighter with the most tools and style to beat the most fighters, Fury is the man. You can never teach being 6’9”, moving like he does, or develop a fighters heart and resilience to Tyson’s level (you can’t even find sparring to mimick his attributes). Tyson won’t always be in the most exciting fights, but he will give anyone he fights massive problems.

As for who wins if they all fight, I think Fury wins the majority of fights via decision, with Wilder next due to his ridiculous power, and AJ’s stamina and chin limiting him to third. They are heavyweights though, and all can punch, so anyone can win any match up.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The only results that would shock me in any of these fights would be an early ko win for Fury.

He doesn’t really throw bombs does he
    Don't bully fat kids - they've got enough on their plate

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Agree with @Freedom . AJ , Fury & Wilder in that order. If one was at his best, and the other wasn’t , they could conceivably all beat each other.
    But all things being equal, that’s how I would have it.
    We’re never going to find out now, but I would honestly have Povetkin above Wilder and maybe even Fury, even now.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Who's the best, in your opinion?

I think it's Anthony Joshua.

Tyson Fury will be a clear #2 in a few months, when he's back to his best. He's already back in the gym, he'll be better in his Wilder rematch.

I rank Wilder below those two. He may not even be #3, I think Whyte, Miller and several others might beat him.
    If anyone can seriously make a case for or against any one of them they are lying. If they can tell you with a straight face that the believe this beyond a shadow of a doubt that any one of them is the best or worst of the bunch, they are lying.

Fact is: NO ONE KNOWS!!!

But we DO KNOW that the top three guys are Wilder, Fury and Joshua. Povetkin slotted in at #4, but Joshua did away with him painlessly and so he has slipped.

Other than that there are a few fights we would not mind seeing from the champs and/or contenders, but after the top three champs, everyone else is in a muddled position.

How DO you rate Miller, Pulev, Povetkin (who is still probably better than all of the "other" guys), Ruiz, Bryan, Rivas, Wallin, etc, etc...?!? It does not matter now anyway: WILDER, FURY AND JOSHUA is where our focus is right now. Until we sort this out, particularly Wilder/Fury to be sorted out NOW, we will have to say no on is TRULY the best.

jmo...
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Joshua is clearly the best, by my eye. The Fury-Wilder fight just confirmed my belief that he'd iron out both.

However, Fury at least showed he's intelligent, awkward and mentally strong enough to make it very competitive. Ultimately though the power difference will prove to be the factor. Unlike Wilder he can fight on the inside and will very much enjoy trading with Fury.

Wilder gets blitzed inside 9 minutes... but obviously can't be totally ruled out against anyone, that's what makes him so compelling. The longer Wilder is left in the ring the more dangerous he becomes.
    3-Time SADDO PREDICTION COMP CHAMPION.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I think Fury is the best in his top form. Wilder and AJ are pretty close to me maybe giving Wilder a little edge but it’s a toss up. I actually think the top 3 are pretty close. I think they are all toss up fights.

Mentioned
    679 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wilder.

Mentioned
    1667 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Wilder.
    It says the best, not the worst.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve always said AJ is the best of them but I’m not sure he beats either. AJ is weak mentally, that has been demonstrated in the Wilder negotiations when he joined Eddie in lie after lie. If a man can’t speak the truth he is weak. This is why so many heavies, even ones he has beaten call him a “bi**h”

If he lets Wilder hang around his slow feet and penchant for backing straight up will get him ironed. To win he will have to control every minute so he doesn’t show his flaws. He can, but will he, will Wilder come back improved in Fury II, will Fury? So many great questions to be answered if AJ will ask Eddie for his balls back, better yet if he takes them back.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I'd say Joshua is the most ATHLETIC one of the bunch. More cagier fighter. But what happens when he gets hit with a BOMB from Wilder- a BOMB 10X's as heavy as Wlad's? Let's be honest: Wlad hits hard, but it is not concussive to the point of Wilder, Shavers, Tua or Tyson.

Also: What happens when Joshua finds out Fury is not a guy you can intimidate and can box your ears off all night long, stay away, use his jab, slip and move and can do that for 20 rounds if he has to? A Fury/Joshua may end up like a Fury/Chisora #2- Or thereabouts!

Don't let physique or jumping around the ring like a jackrabbit fool you. Fury and Wilder have remedies for that! Wilder can fix that in split second, and Fury can make sure it never becomes a problem!
    Bigger man George, bigger punch!

Subscribe: Free online Classifieds and Business directory!
    Hidden Content

Thread Information