Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Sergey Kovalev vs Eleider Alvarez II

If Kovalev thought he didn't like judges in America before he might really not like em soon :S

Mentioned
    1672 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

A matchup that saw one of the biggest upsets in 2018 will go down one more time when Eleider Alvarez defends the WBO light heavyweight championship against former two-time titleholder Sergey Kovalev on Saturday, Feb. 2, live from the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas.

Alvarez (24-0, 12 KOs), a native of Colombia fighting out of Montreal, was behind on all three scorecards heading into the seventh round of that initial August 2018 fight, when he knocked Kovalev down three times in the stanza to pull off the shocker and capture his first major world title.

It didn't take long for Kovalev (32-3-1, 28 KOs) to exercise a contract clause for an immediate rematch. Before suffering the first two losses of his career — to Andre Ward in back-to-back fights — Kovalev had bounced back with two stoppage victories, regaining the WBO belt, before losing it to Alvarez.

Can Alvarez show the boxing world what they saw six months ago wasn't a fluke? Or will the "Krusher" redeem himself and take back the title? Here's everything you need to know about Alvarez-Kovalev II.

(All times Eastern.)

When is the Alvarez vs. Kovalev 2 fight?
    Eleider Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev 2 commences on Saturday, Feb. 2. The main card begins at 10 p.m. Alvarez and Kovalev are expected to make the walk to the ring for the main event at around 1:00 a.m.

How do I watch Alvarez vs. Kovalev 2?
    The Alvarez vs. Kovalev 2 fight card will be streamed on ESPN+ at 7 p.m., before switching over to ESPN at 10 p.m. The last two fights, including Alvarez vs. Kovalev 2, can be seen on the ESPN streaming service.

Where is the Alvarez vs. Kovalev 2 fight?
    Eleider Alvarez and Sergey Kovalev will fight their rematch at the Ford Center at the Star in Frisco, Texas. This marks both boxers' first time fighting in the "Lonestar State."

Alvarez vs. Kovalev 2 betting odds
    According to ProBoxingOdds.com, Eleider Alvarez is a -170 favorite, which means you'll need to bet $170 to win $100. Meanwhile, Kovalev is a +144 underdog, meaning if you bet $100, you could win $144.

Eleider Alvarez record and bio
    Name: Eleider Alvarez
    Nationality: Colombian
    Born: April 8, 1984
    Height: 6-0
    Reach: 75½"
    Total fights: 24
    Record: 24-0 with 12 knockouts.

Sergey Kovalev record and bio
    Name: Sergey Kovalev
    Nationality: Russian
    Born: April 2, 1983
    Height: 6-0
    Reach: 72"
    Total fights: 36
    Record: 32-3-1 with 28 knockouts.

Eleider Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev 2 fight card
    Matchup Class Belt
    Eleider Alvarez vs. Sergey Kovalev Light Heavyweight WBO
    Teofimo Lopez vs. Diego Magdaleno Lightweight ...
    Oscar Valdez vs. Carmine Tommasone Featherweight WBO
    Richard Commey vs. Isa Chaniev Lightweight IBF (vacant)
    Patrick Day vs. Ismail Iliev Jr. Middleweight ...
    Bakhram Murtazaliev vs. Elvin Ayala Jr. Middleweight ...
    Enriko Gogokhia vs. Vitor Jones Freitas Jr. Welterweight ...
    Jason Sanchez vs. Daniel Olea Featherweight ...
    Janibek Alimkhanuly vs. Steven Martinez Middleweight ...

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/ele...194800571.html
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Kovalev probably gets stretched again. The ko last time, is probably burned into his mind. I think he tried to even out and wipe the slate clean mentally by hiring McGirt. Not sure how McGirt has been working with him because there's been no coverage of it. No Gym footage, No still pics, just interviews... which are usually crafted for the benefit of the audience and selling the fight. That's either very good (in a hagler hermit sort of way) or bad in the sense that there isnt much to talk about or show.

Kovalev needs to reinvent himself. He's claimed to have some spiritual awakenings but change of heart doesn't always mean peace of mind. Kovalev has typically had 2 gears, hard and harder. It works for him most of the time when he's got an even playing field. The problem is when alvarez is rolling his shoulders to take the sting off Kovalevs punches, Kovalev doesn't think Feint him or Double up on the jab or go to the body... He thinks I'm not hitting him hard enough, must punch harder, must be more aggressive, must throw more punches. Old habits die hard... He'll get preoccupied with that, be greedy and stay too long and get caught again. McGirt can be a tactician, but Kovalev's gotta abandon the bravado, trust the plan and learn to be happy winning without being "the Krusher" if he wants to rebound and draw this out.
    They want your @$$ beat because upsets make news. News brings about excitement, excitement brings about ratings. The objective is to bring you up to the tower and tear your @$$ down. And if you don't believe that, you're crazy.

Roy Jones, Jr. "What I've Learned," Esquire 2003

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Dude is a POS

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Re watched today..man Alvarez knows who he is now. Wouldn't be shocked if this was one sided hiding now thinking about it.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Jamie Frontz, an age 40 model with looks fading (she was never all that great), is seeking a few million to retire on at the expense of poor Sergey.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Jamie Frontz, an age 40 model with looks fading (she was never all that great), is seeking a few million to retire on at the expense of poor Sergey.

You have no idea what actually happened.. He wouldn’t have been charged with a felony assault if there was even reasonable doubt that your version is accurate. I’d ask why you then simply assume its the case, but everybody knows that. Now if it’s a certain other fighter convicted of violence against women your tune is quite different. I’m starting to think maybe there’s an underlying theme to you here

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You have no idea what actually happened.. He wouldn’t have been charged with a felony assault if there was even reasonable doubt that your version is accurate. I’d ask why you then simply assume its the case, but everybody knows that. Now if it’s a certain other fighter convicted of violence against women your tune is quite different. I’m starting to think maybe there’s an underlying theme to you here
    I've noticed when certain other fighters are accused of assault against women, you defend them, even if they are convicted. But with Sergey, you assume his guilt. It's obvious what YOUR "underlying theme " is.

I know you hate Sergey, but he's not been convicted. He's innocent until proven guilty.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    I've noticed when certain other fighters are accused of assault against women, you defend them, even if they are convicted. But with Sergey, you assume his guilt. It's obvious what YOUR "underlying theme " is.

I know you hate Sergey, but he's not been convicted. He's innocent until proven guilty.
    except that none of that is remotely true. what fighters do I defend who have done this? I’ve ragged on Stevenson the same way you have on here for example, even after his injury. I still rate boxers highly regardless of what shitty people they are, but that’s not what you’re saying. I can’t stand men who abuse women regardless of their identity. You can’t stand certain identities, and blindly support others, regardless of what they do. If you want to pretend that’s a small difference, well, I’d expect no less from you.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

except that none of that is remotely true. what fighters do I defend who have done this? I’ve ragged on Stevenson the same way you have on here for example, even after his injury. I still rate boxers highly regardless of what shitty people they are, but that’s not what you’re saying. I can’t stand men who abuse women regardless of their identity. You can’t stand certain identities, and blindly support others, regardless of what they do. If you want to pretend that’s a small difference, well, I’d expect no less from you.
    Are you the notorious and annoying poster POET who use to post on boxingscene and ESB? Who was outed for posting on a gay forum, where he was using the exact same username?

I don't blindly support anyone, although a lot of people do. For example, I've always said Mike Tyson was not guilty of rape, and I've never liked woman-beaters including Jurgen Braehmer and Carlos Monzon.

You're always accusing people of being racist. Here's what this black girl thinks of people like you:

https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/sta...85792386961408

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve actually never posted on any other forum, so nope. If he was posting on the gay forum with the same name it’s hardly being outed though is it... I don’t accuse anyone of being racist, you aren’t exactly going to any lengths to hide it, I just find you boring.” Here’s what this black girl thinks of me”, pretty well illustrates why.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I’ve actually never posted on any other forum, so nope. If he was posting on the gay forum with the same name it’s hardly being outed though is it...
    More stupid than anything else. He left the boxing forums for awhile after it was pointed out and then got the mods to change his username. He had been like you, always trying to elevate himself by calling others racist - I guess he felt inferior and that was the only way he knew to boost his own self-esteem.
    I don’t accuse anyone of being racist
    Only in pretty much all the dozen or so posts you've directed at me since I joined this forum, including in this thread. I defended Kovalev, who is innocent until proven guilty, and what did your initial post say?

You're extremely boring, don't you realize your "you're a racist" accusations get old after awhile? Is this what you want:

https://twitter.com/velvethammer/sta...50958390829063
    Last edited by Freedom; 02-01-2019 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Racist, woman beating, scumbag. Kovalev will be KO’d again!!!

Mentioned
    428 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

My god. So the answer to don't call me racist is stalking forums playing Inspector Clouseau with 'oh yeh well you're a gay'. What grade is this again . Not like we have boxing going on or anything. This card in particular seems to be suffering from convoluted ESPN multi personality breakdown. Why split the card on 'regular' tv so I can watch the undercard on huge beautiful plasma widescreen and then switch to that bogus espn+ for main event on a much smaller hand held. It's just so backwards. Put the entire card on one or the other and stop playing games.

Oscar Valdez is back off his busted jaw and looking forward to it! Richard Commey and Isa Chaniev meet for the vacant IBF 135 strap and may just steal the show.

Thread Information