Cool Clicks

Default Re: Gennady Golovkin v Jermall Charlo

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    GGG beats Jermall.
    He’d have to fight him. Canelo and Jacobs will begin negotiations next week. I’ve always assumed Canelo would be a punk as champion but maybe he’ll be the champion we’ve been longing for.
    Yea and if he does, he beats him.

GGG already fought Jacobs, I'd like to see rematch tho.
    The more he avoids it the more doubts I have. I used to think like you, now I think more like Golovkin and see Charlo as a potential nightmare.

Yes, GGG owes us a rematch after Jacobs was unjustly given an L. 2 years we waited and 2 years we got no closer to it. GGG only has eyes for Canelo.
    Can't blame GGG, complain all you like, it doesn't put food on his families table. I think looking after his family is his main priority (as it is for most of us), I can't begrudge someone for that.
    The average Kazak makes a little over 5k a year(USD), pretty sure GGG’s family is eating. It seems I should put a “/s” at the end of GGG comments because they are mostly sarcastic. I don’t expect GGG to suddenly search challenges. He has 1 memorable win on his CV. If that’s enough for him it’s his career. I gave up on expecting him to make the fights I want years ago even if I still ask. Bring on whoever is just bad enough for just enough money, and bring on the arguments supporting that.

Just seriously, don’t say he will beat a guy you recognize he won’t fight. It’s insulting to the sport.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG beats Jermall.
    He’d have to fight him. Canelo and Jacobs will begin negotiations next week. I’ve always assumed Canelo would be a punk as champion but maybe he’ll be the champion we’ve been longing for.

The more he avoids it the more doubts I have. I used to think like you, now I think more like Golovkin and see Charlo as a potential nightmare.

Yes, GGG owes us a rematch after Jacobs was unjustly given an L. 2 years we waited and 2 years we got no closer to it. GGG only has eyes for Canelo.
    Can't blame GGG, complain all you like, it doesn't put food on his families table. I think looking after his family is his main priority (as it is for most of us), I can't begrudge someone for that.
    The average Kazak makes a little over 5k a year(USD), pretty sure GGG’s family is eating. It seems I should put a “/s” at the end of GGG comments because they are mostly sarcastic. I don’t expect GGG to suddenly search challenges. He has 1 memorable win on his CV. If that’s enough for him it’s his career. I gave up on expecting him to make the fights I want years ago even if I still ask. Bring on whoever is just bad enough for just enough money, and bring on the arguments supporting that.

Just seriously, don’t say he will beat a guy you recognize he won’t fight. It’s insulting to the sport.
    I'll say who I think beats who anytime I please. Be insulted all you want.

His family may eat, but as we saw with Stevenson, terrible sh-t can happen anytime. Why risk everything for pennies at this stage of his career. He already probably gets into the hof.

GGG would fight and beat Jermall tomorrow if it made sense financially.
    They live, We sleep

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

GGG beats Jermall.

I'll say who I think beats who anytime I please. Be insulted all you want.

His family may eat, but as we saw with Stevenson, terrible sh-t can happen anytime. Why risk everything for pennies at this stage of his career. He already probably gets into the hof.

GGG would fight and beat Jermall tomorrow if it made sense financially.
    Pennies? Feed his family? All hyperbole, because the truth shines bright. GGG will get into the HOF, he is a HOF fighter. My ONLY gripe with him is his absolutely trash opposition and the support of it. And outright contempt for the idea he should ever fight anyone good.

Do you want me to list all his trash “world title opponents”? It’s long. No, I think you know the names. Not from anything noteworthy they did, but because they fought the HOFer GGG. Hell you yourself just called one of GGGs former world title challengers a showcase opponent minutes ago in another thread. And truth is that guy you call a showcase opponent is better than most of GGGs title defenses.

GGG is at the point in his career he can pick opponents. If he doesn’t pick good ones he walks away a guy famous for weak opposition AND weak choices when he has choices.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

How on earth could anyone say they know what GGG would do anyway? The dude changes his story constantly. Remember how for years he said he wanted to clean out 160? Remember how when he had the chance he didn’t choose that?

No, people just know what’s in his heart because they want to believe what they want to believe. And that is so clear.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Wouldn’t beating a guy like Charlo be a step toward that goal he told us he wanted for years? Wouldn’t beating Charlo make him the mandatory for the fight he says he wants now? Let’s just ignore these simple truths because we know what GGG would do

FFS people the speculation that is presented as truth around here is absurd. And beyond that the speculation is directly opposed to the evidence. You lot sit around and tell each other fairy tales

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

I've never said GGGs record or opponents are top notch. So stop grouping me with someone else's opinions.

You say yourself that GGG is a hall of famer, he must have done something then I guess.

All I'm saying is no one wants to take a paycut. If Jermall made him the same as a Canelo fight would, why wouldn't he take it?

So it's fine for you to say what he won't do, but not for me to say what would? Double standards much?
    They live, We sleep

Thread Information