Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRIME Floyd Mayweather vs PRIME Manny Pacquiao, Who would win and how?

Share/Bookmark
    sterling96 Guest

Default PRIME Floyd Mayweather vs PRIME Manny Pacquiao, Who would win and how?

Reliving the greatest moments from the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight

For those who have forgotten, Mayweather beat Pacquiao but UD in May 2015. However, both were well past their prime, as the fight should have happened in 2009.

If the fight happened while both were in their prime (probably around when Pacman beat Margarito, and when Floyd was still Pretty Boy Floyd and was knocking people out because his hand was not damaged), who would have won and how?

My prediction on prime Pacman vs Mayweather
    - Pacquiao starts off aggressive, hoping to land an early knockout or TKO
    - Floyd gets caught a few times, but no major damage done
    -Floyd slips and evades most punches using his signature shoulder roll
    -Floyd utilises the jab and counter punching with great accuracy.
    -A clearly frustrated Pacquiao gets furious and goes in for the kill at round 9, but Floyd counters him and sends a flurry of lightning fast punches, knocking him out.

What is your prediction?

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PRIME Floyd Mayweather vs PRIME Manny Pacquiao, Who would win and how?

Manny wins by knock out as Floyd hurts his hands during the fight.
    Do not let success go to your head and do not let failure get to your heart.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: PRIME Floyd Mayweather vs PRIME Manny Pacquiao, Who would win and how?

Manny would have won by KO/TKO.

That's why Floyd avoided him for years, until after the final Juan Manuel Marguez-Pacquiao fight.

Mentioned
    950 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    Manny would win by KO.

That's why Floyd avoided him for years, until after the final Juan Manuel Marguez-Pacquiao fight.
    The Pac of the DLH/Hatton/Cotto/Margarito was a monster and not only that but threw so many punches and didn't tire. I don't see how Floyd could negate it really. I see it a bit like Calzaghe/Hopkins except Manny hits harder than Calzaghe and knocks Mayweather down a few times.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pac tests positive for PEDs in the lead to the fight. He gets a 6 month ban. When they reconvene to negotiate the new terms of the fight, Floyd ends up with an 80/20 split of the purse, and struck rules are put in place in the event Pac tests dirty again. This ensures Pac can't take his A Side Meth in preparation for the fight, and he knows it's an integral part of his success, so he enters the fight knowing he will lose. He loses, outboxed by Floyd. Easy UD win.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Pretty boy puts on a 10-2 performance..or KO via counterpunch.

There’s no version of Pac that beats Floyd.

It’s that simple.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

In primes it is worse than the faded version. Manny isn’t smart with movement and prime Floyd had legs. Floyd would have befuddled him and then walked him into traps time and again. I really pity fans that can’t see this obvious truth. Roach knew it, that’s why he kept saying “Floyd’s legs are gone”

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Floyd would have won by TKO most likely. There was a reason Roach wouldn’t let Pacquiao bear him when Floyd came back.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by sterling96 View Post
    Reliving the greatest moments from the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight

For those who have forgotten, Mayweather beat Pacquiao but UD in May 2015. However, both were well past their prime, as the fight should have happened in 2009.

If the fight happened while both were in their prime (probably around when Pacman beat Margarito, and when Floyd was still Pretty Boy Floyd and was knocking people out because his hand was not damaged), who would have won and how?

My prediction on prime Pacman vs Mayweather
    - Pacquiao starts off aggressive, hoping to land an early knockout or TKO
    - Floyd gets caught a few times, but no major damage done
    -Floyd slips and evades most punches using his signature shoulder roll
    -Floyd utilises the jab and counter punching with great accuracy.
    -A clearly frustrated Pacquiao gets furious and goes in for the kill at round 9, but Floyd counters him and sends a flurry of lightning fast punches, knocking him out.

What is your prediction?
    Welcome to the Forum. I can't believe some people still think Floyd waited till Pac was done. we do know Pac is 2 years YOUNGER than Floyd , don't we?
    if it happened in their primes , the result would be the same as it was..........only Floyd would win easier.
    Former Undisputed 4 belt Prediction champion. Still P4P and People’s Champion.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

It’s funny that PAC never seemed to be anywhere near his prime the 4 times he fought Marquez over 8 years. All off nights I guess.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    It’s funny that PAC never seemed to be anywhere near his prime the 4 times he fought Marquez over 8 years. All off nights I guess.
    JMM was his nemesis and I had him beating Pac Man every time they fought. Marquez counter punched the hell out of Manny.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm, counter punching.. I wonder if there was anyone else even better at that who pac didn’t fight during his prime... will have to think about that for a while..

I haven’t watched any of their fights in ages, remember thinking pac getting the nod in the second fight was fine though. All classics really.

Mentioned
    1670 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Hmmm, counter punching.. I wonder if there was anyone else even better at that who pac didn’t fight during his prime... will have to think about that for a while..

I haven’t watched any of their fights in ages, remember thinking pac getting the nod in the second fight was fine though. All classics really.
    Manny seemed clueless against JMM who had him figured. That right cross was always landing on Manny's head. Bet he wished he stopped him in the first round the first time he met him.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

The second and third fights were what I feel people consider the beginning and end of his prime. He was on a tear coming into the third fight. Everybody thought that Pacquiao had improved so much because he beat bigger guys. JMM was small and wouldn’t be able to handle Pacquiao at that point of his career. Reality hit though and we realized that Pacquiao hadn’t progressed as much as everybody thought. He was just an anomaly that did better against bigger fighters.

I had JMM winning every fight. First and third were obvious JMM wins while the second was extremely close. I had JMM by a point, but it could have gone either way.

El Kabong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by imp View Post
    Pretty boy puts on a 10-2 performance..or KO via counterpunch.

There’s no version of Pac that beats Floyd.

It’s that simple.
    You can say that about everyone Floyd has ever fought because he has not fought an opponent at their most dangerous since when? And it ain't like he's been lacking opportunities to do so.

He fought Mosley after Mosley beat a LEGAL Antonio Margarito...props I guess

But as for a guy IN HIS PRIME that Floyd fought...Diego Corrales, Jose Luis Castillo twice, Jesus Chavez, Baldomir, Maidana twice, Roberto Guerrero, I'll even throw in Canelo....now those are good boxers, good strong opponents. But when you look at Floyd's resume they aren't the names that would jump off the page.

Cotto had 2 losses before Floyd even entertained the idea of fighting him, hell Miguel was front row center at the Brusseles fight, Floyd didn't want him. Hatton should have had 1 loss before Floyd took that fight (and at a weight where Ricky was shit), De la Hoya was past it (but it was better than the De la Hoya Pacquiao farce), there's no Paul Williams there (there was never going to be), there was no Antonio Margarito there (there was never going to be).

I don't take any credit away from Floyd I think he was managed very well he built up fights, and he suckers in a lot of "fans"....he's earned every penny of his fortune, he's a hell of a boxer, and like I said he'll continue to make a mint fighting EXHIBITIONS and more power to him, he's going to be considered the greatest of his era.

Floyd COULD just say "I want Canelo at 160" and get a giant ring and make another massive payday, but I am not sure he wants to step on Oscar's toes promoting...don't want to slaughter that cash cow.

Thread Information