Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: End of year awards 2019

Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
    What about Floyd?? A completely undersized man who had a snowball's chance in hell of knocking Canelo out. Fits Canelo's model opponent to a Tee. So no.... no risk there. Sure... he was guaranteed to lose. No way he's EVER been in the same galaxy as Floyd. I knew that before the fight. So did anyone else who knows a little something about boxing. But let's not be naive here. Calling out Floyd was the national past-time among fighters back then. It was their way of saying, "hey! look at me! I belong here!" Well..... in Canelo's case he obviously didn't. In fact, Canelo's total and embarrassing shutout at the hands of Floyd were reminiscent of another sham which was the JCC Jr. - Sergio Martinez fight. Everybody and their brother knew Sergio would NEVER knock out Junior ('cause Junior outweighed him by 20-30 pounds).... so ol' Melon Head only had to stalk Martinez for 12 rounds hoping for a lucky shot. He got one, too. Luckily Sergio survived to the final bell, and the sham was over. It's pretty cool when you can fight someone whose punch is like a mosquito bite to you.... so you can recklessly stalk the man for the entire fight. THAT..... was Canelo against Floyd. I think the closest Canelo got to connecting was a couple of feet.

You wanna talk about GGG?? You sure you want to do this? Because I distinctly remember GGG calling out Canelo early on, only to have Canelo hide behind Oscar's skirt (the fishnets were always appropriate, BTW) and claim he wasn't a full-fledged middleweight. Which us non-blind boxing fans knew to be total bullshit. Canelo was totally a middleweight. But no.... he wanted to drag GGG down to 154 and play his weight games with him. Only to turn around and take a fight against that mummy, Melon Head. A fight made at 165 pounds. How do you explain THAT?? Take your time. If Canelo hadn't ducked GGG early on, the fight would have been made long before it was actually made.

Yes, Canelo turned pro very young. But that's no excuse to build up a bogus pro record fattened with cab drivers and bartenders. Canelo was 30-0 and being treated like a mega-star already and had yet to fight anyone with a pulse. You might not have a problem with that, but I do.

You mentioned Wilder. Feel free to go back through some of posts from earlier years when Wilder was fighting nobodies. There were few louder critics of Wilder than me. Since then he's taking more risks.

Your last sentence is one I can agree with.

"i have stated that i understand some of your frustrations and also agree with some. but i really enjoy most what canelo is doing"

It's an ok middle ground. It's not far fetched to enjoy watching Canelo fight. He's an action fighter, and you'll always get your money's worth. But IMO he's not worthy of the Hollywood hype machine they've built around him.
    so, to you a risk is only if someone has the chance of knocking you out? a risk for me is a fighter challenging himself against an opponent that he risks losing to. there is no shame in losing to the best boxer in the world

you avoided the question again. when did ggg turn old? the first fight or the second fight? either way you should be rubbishing sergiy d for wasting his time against such a shot fighter. i remember cotto ducking ggg and wanting middleweights to fight at catchweights. you will say that cotto was not a middleweight. well then he shouldn’t have been fighting for middleweight titles, and both cotto and alvarez turned pro at superlightweight. i have never stated that canelo wasn’t a middleweight. If you have an issue with what oscar says take it up with him and his personal life is none of my business. and remember cotto was also playing weight games with middleweights. i have never stated that canelo wasn’t a middleweight but his fight prior to jc junior was at superwelterweight, so he essentially moved up two weight divisions for that fight. martinez and cotto ducked ggg, canelo actually fought him, twice, within two years of winning the middleweight title, something both Martinez and cotto never did

many young prospects are brought along slowly, especially if they are teenagers. not all fighters with flashy unbeaten 30 plus -0 records are treated like mega-stars. it takes more than just a record to make a superstar. the fighter needs charisma, and that something that resonates with the fans. they need to be dedicated and have that desire to compete and build a legacy. some fighters have got it and some fighters don’t. just look at fighters like andy ruiz or buster and how they lost their dedication and desire or someone like bojado, who was hailed as a future superstar before his bubble burst, or frankie gomez who also lost his desire

i never stated you weren’t a critic of wilder, only that him and mikey Garcia among others, had padded records early on. both have taken more risks since, as has canelo as he has improved and as i stated, canelo’s record is one of the best currently around the weight for opposition

as i stated, not all fighters become superstars, no matter how much they are pushed, primed and promoted, it is a special something that promoters wish they could bottle, it’s not just an unbeaten record, or just good looks, something resonates with the fans. for me it is facing good opponents. most feel canelo lost to ggg in the first fight and he was outclassed by floyd, as well as close fights with trout and lara, those fights have not hindered canelo’s popularity in the least, even with the failed drug tests, canelo is still one of the biggest names and attractions of the sport. it is similar to mcgregor in the ufc, he has lost multiple times, had rape allegations, but is still one of their biggest stars. it can't all be magically manufactured, the fighter needs to do his part
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

GGG weighed 163 for the Rolls fight. Post #91, 6th August 2022

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by TIC View Post
    What about Floyd?? A completely undersized man who had a snowball's chance in hell of knocking Canelo out. Fits Canelo's model opponent to a Tee. So no.... no risk there. Sure... he was guaranteed to lose. No way he's EVER been in the same galaxy as Floyd. I knew that before the fight. So did anyone else who knows a little something about boxing. But let's not be naive here. Calling out Floyd was the national past-time among fighters back then. It was their way of saying, "hey! look at me! I belong here!" Well..... in Canelo's case he obviously didn't. In fact, Canelo's total and embarrassing shutout at the hands of Floyd were reminiscent of another sham which was the JCC Jr. - Sergio Martinez fight. Everybody and their brother knew Sergio would NEVER knock out Junior ('cause Junior outweighed him by 20-30 pounds).... so ol' Melon Head only had to stalk Martinez for 12 rounds hoping for a lucky shot. He got one, too. Luckily Sergio survived to the final bell, and the sham was over. It's pretty cool when you can fight someone whose punch is like a mosquito bite to you.... so you can recklessly stalk the man for the entire fight. THAT..... was Canelo against Floyd. I think the closest Canelo got to connecting was a couple of feet.

You wanna talk about GGG?? You sure you want to do this? Because I distinctly remember GGG calling out Canelo early on, only to have Canelo hide behind Oscar's skirt (the fishnets were always appropriate, BTW) and claim he wasn't a full-fledged middleweight. Which us non-blind boxing fans knew to be total bullshit. Canelo was totally a middleweight. But no.... he wanted to drag GGG down to 154 and play his weight games with him. Only to turn around and take a fight against that mummy, Melon Head. A fight made at 165 pounds. How do you explain THAT?? Take your time. If Canelo hadn't ducked GGG early on, the fight would have been made long before it was actually made.

Yes, Canelo turned pro very young. But that's no excuse to build up a bogus pro record fattened with cab drivers and bartenders. Canelo was 30-0 and being treated like a mega-star already and had yet to fight anyone with a pulse. You might not have a problem with that, but I do.

You mentioned Wilder. Feel free to go back through some of posts from earlier years when Wilder was fighting nobodies. There were few louder critics of Wilder than me. Since then he's taking more risks.

"i have stated that i understand some of your frustrations and also agree with some. but i really enjoy most what canelo is doing"

It's an ok middle ground. It's not far fetched to enjoy watching Canelo fight. He's an action fighter, and you'll always get your money's worth. But IMO he's not worthy of the Hollywood hype machine they've built around him.
    so, to you a risk is only if someone has the chance of knocking you out? a risk for me is a fighter challenging himself against an opponent that he risks losing to. there is no shame in losing to the best boxer in the world

you avoided the question again. when did ggg turn old? the first fight or the second fight? either way you should be rubbishing sergiy d for wasting his time against such a shot fighter. i remember cotto ducking ggg and wanting middleweights to fight at catchweights. you will say that cotto was not a middleweight. well then he shouldn’t have been fighting for middleweight titles, and both cotto and alvarez turned pro at superlightweight. i have never stated that canelo wasn’t a middleweight. If you have an issue with what oscar says take it up with him and his personal life is none of my business. and remember cotto was also playing weight games with middleweights. i have never stated that canelo wasn’t a middleweight but his fight prior to jc junior was at superwelterweight, so he essentially moved up two weight divisions for that fight. martinez and cotto ducked ggg, canelo actually fought him, twice, within two years of winning the middleweight title, something both Martinez and cotto never did

many young prospects are brought along slowly, especially if they are teenagers. not all fighters with flashy unbeaten 30 plus -0 records are treated like mega-stars. it takes more than just a record to make a superstar. the fighter needs charisma, and that something that resonates with the fans. they need to be dedicated and have that desire to compete and build a legacy. some fighters have got it and some fighters don’t. just look at fighters like andy ruiz or buster and how they lost their dedication and desire or someone like bojado, who was hailed as a future superstar before his bubble burst, or frankie gomez who also lost his desire

i never stated you weren’t a critic of wilder, only that him and mikey Garcia among others, had padded records early on. both have taken more risks since, as has canelo as he has improved and as i stated, canelo’s record is one of the best currently around the weight for opposition

as i stated, not all fighters become superstars, no matter how much they are pushed, primed and promoted, it is a special something that promoters wish they could bottle, it’s not just an unbeaten record, or just good looks, something resonates with the fans. for me it is facing good opponents. most feel canelo lost to ggg in the first fight and he was outclassed by floyd, as well as close fights with trout and lara, those fights have not hindered canelo’s popularity in the least, even with the failed drug tests, canelo is still one of the biggest names and attractions of the sport. it is similar to mcgregor in the ufc, he has lost multiple times, had rape allegations, but is still one of their biggest stars. it can't all be magically manufactured, the fighter needs to do his part

If you consider Canelo a risk taker, continue living on that lonely planet. Not much more to discuss there.

I have repeatedly explained everything there is to know about Golovkin, and how Canelo avoided him like the plague until he felt it suited him. If you want some answer to some bogus age question, again...... we have nothing further to talk about.

If your answer to all of Canelo's many faults is to point out similar faults in others, then it is you avoiding the questions and we have nothing more to discuss.

If coddled fighters with "charisma" is what floats your boat, then by all means proceed. Don't let me stop you from drinking the Kool-Aid.

You obviously decided at some point to go for the hype and become yet another blind groupie.

Who am I to object? Knock yourself out, sport.

We're done discussing this subject.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

If you consider Canelo a risk taker, continue living on that lonely planet. Not much more to discuss there.

I have repeatedly explained everything there is to know about Golovkin, and how Canelo avoided him like the plague until he felt it suited him. If you want some answer to some bogus age question, again...... we have nothing further to talk about.

If your answer to all of Canelo's many faults is to point out similar faults in others, then it is you avoiding the questions and we have nothing more to discuss.

If coddled fighters with "charisma" is what floats your boat, then by all means proceed. Don't let me stop you from drinking the Kool-Aid.

You obviously decided at some point to go for the hype and become yet another blind groupie.

canelo has risked taking losses as I have already proven by him fighting the likes of trout, floyd, lara, ggg twice, Jacobs and fighting kov at lightheavyweight before artur, bivol or gvozdyk did. you avoided the question again, is a risk to you only if someone has the chance of knocking you out?

canelo fought ggg and never ducked him like Martinez or cotto did. and he fought him in a quicker time from winning the middleweight title than both martinez and cotto did. i remember ggg was considered the number one guy at middleweight when canelo fought him and many thought ggg was going to knock canelo out and we both feel ggg should have won that fight, alvarez fought him again in his next fight, so it would be correct to assume ggg was still considered the top fighter at middleweight going into the rematch. sounds to me like of lot of risk taken there, doesn’t sound perfectly suited to me. perfectly suited would have not being caught for drugs, but canelo served his ban and passed every test for the rematch, jacobs only fought ggg six months before canelo, and jacobs has fought his entire career at middleweight or above, was that perfectly suited for jacobs as well? was it jacobs who ruined ggg, so that he was such a suited non risk opponent for canelo?

i have already proven that canelo has taken risks and is far from coddled, you just can’t accept the truth

i have already stated that from the trout fight onwards i have enjoyed most of what canelo has done and have stated that canelo has one of the best records for opposition around the weight. i don’t care for hype, i am only interested in who a fighter fights and as canelo’s record shows, from the trout fight onwards, he has faced many top opponents

when you are happy to accept the truth, i will be happy to stop discussing it
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Titofan:

The fact is GGG has fought at 160 for his entire career. Post #87, 5th August 2022
    Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

canelo has risked taking losses as I have already proven by him fighting the likes of trout, floyd, lara, ggg twice, Jacobs and fighting kov at lightheavyweight before artur, bivol or gvozdyk did. you avoided the question again, is a risk to you only if someone has the chance of knocking you out?

canelo fought ggg and never ducked him like Martinez or cotto did. and he fought him in a quicker time from winning the middleweight title than both martinez and cotto did. i remember ggg was considered the number one guy at middleweight when canelo fought him and many thought ggg was going to knock canelo out and we both feel ggg should have won that fight, alvarez fought him again in his next fight, so it would be correct to assume ggg was still considered the top fighter at middleweight going into the rematch. sounds to me like of lot of risk taken there, doesn’t sound perfectly suited to me. perfectly suited would have not being caught for drugs, but canelo served his ban and passed every test for the rematch, jacobs only fought ggg six months before canelo, and jacobs has fought his entire career at middleweight or above, was that perfectly suited for jacobs as well? was it jacobs who ruined ggg, so that he was such a suited non risk opponent for canelo?

i have already proven that canelo has taken risks and is far from coddled, you just can’t accept the truth

i have already stated that from the trout fight onwards i have enjoyed most of what canelo has done and have stated that canelo has one of the best records for opposition around the weight. i don’t care for hype, i am only interested in who a fighter fights and as canelo’s record shows, from the trout fight onwards, he has faced many top opponents

You still talking?

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You still talking?
    you accepted the truth?

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

first place for slamming you with the truth over and over again

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You... at a Canelo sighting.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

You both suck.

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

And yet you hang on our every word.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you can't see me, i'm already passed out and being trappled

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You both suck.
    put on your big boy pants

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

you can't see me, i'm already passed out and being trappled

That's good

Quote Originally Posted by p4pking View Post
    You both suck.
    put on your big boy pants

feels neglected

Mentioned
    937 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Did you spank him Alpha?
    Hidden Content

"I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it."

Mentioned
    530 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

He failed miserably, Brock.
    And that's the flat out truth.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    Did you spank him Alpha?
    slammed him like a dirty ho, fenster

Titofan:

Hidden Content

Also Titofan:

Hidden Content

Thread Information