Quote Originally Posted by TitoFan View Post
Look man, I get it that you're a Canelo fan. He's a great fighter, not saying he's not. His fights are always exciting, because he's the type of guy who will bring it. But all the HYPE built up around him. All the advantages afforded him in every which way and form. The way his career has always been carefully orchestrated from the beginning. The way he skips up and down divisions to pick out the weak deer from the herd. The games he plays with catchweights. The way he avoided GGG for years by saying he wasn't a 160-pounder, trying to drag GGG to 154, only to show up and fight JCC Jr. at 170. The way he never leaves Vegas or Mexico to fight, where he knows he's got the judges in his pocket. The way he was exposed as a PED-cheat and got a slap on the wrist. Etc, etc, etc, etc.

This is not the way it used to be. I love stars who are genuine stars. Who have earned their way to the top.... winning some.... losing some. Not some coddled bozo who cherry picks and cheats.

Canelo is a manufactured star, because boxing wanted it that way.

That's why I'll always say..... f*ck Ginger.
every fighter who reaches this level of fame will be granted advantages. if kov was such a weak deer artur and bivol should have pounched on him sooner. catchweights have always been a part of boxing. he fought ggg at 160, it's sad he ruined ggg after the first fight. canelo has travelled. canelo doesn't fill out the judges cards he just fights the fights. miller also only got a slap on the wrist, as did many others

i feel canelo has earned his way to the top. winning some and losing some. i have already stated on this forum that i felt he lost the first ggg fight, but he fought him, then after the econd fight ggg was old, didn't see many criticizing sergiy d for fighting old man ggg. i have already stated that i am disappointed with the failed drug tests, but he served his punishment, some fighters weren't even punished for the same thing. since the trout fight onwards i have been impressed with canelo's record. sure there are a few gimmes, but all fighters have those, and aside from a few most have been rated opponents

if it was so easy to manufacture a boxing star they would be all over the place, canelo has to do his part, stay dedicated, take and give punches, train