Boxing Forums

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Adrien Broner ARRESTED on Christmas Eve-Eve!

Share/Bookmark
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner ARRESTED on Christmas Eve-Eve!

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by powerpuncher View Post
    Broner is trash. I find it curious though that he gets a thread but Josh Taylor gets arrested and convicted for being a racist bigot and not a peep. Hopefully Josh can learn, unlike Broner

I’ll just leave it here so it doesn’t go ignored

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.tmz...man-nightclub/
    It’s not that curious because Broner has had problems over and over again and is widely hated among basically everybody. He always gets flack because of it. If Taylor continues to say racist and homophobic things and thrown in jail, then I guarantee there will be a long running thread about it. It’s not just because Broner is black and Taylor is white as much as you would love it if that were true
    By the way, it’s ironic that in this very thread you say “Kovalev is clearly a better human being” in this very thread. Kovalev has multiple sexual assault charges, and is a known racist. Which of those qualities is so redeeming? A person should say they are both trash. But the thread about Kovalev’s latest sexual assault immediately turned into being about airplane toilets. The thread about Broner assaulting a woman is still rolling strong. The thread about Taylor immediately went to an assumption of a spray tan and a conclusion drawn off that assumption. Forget the court ruling by the people with the evidence, we have an assumption of a spray tan, he’s good.

Just a coincidence, again, right? Always just coincidences. I can tell you what will happen before it happens but I’m just a really really good guesser right?
    I don’t remember saying that Kovalev is a better human being than Broner but I would still agree probably. Broner at least seems to be about the worst you can be. I don’t think Kovalev is a good guy, but many of his things haven’t necessarily been proven just more hearsay. Although I will say that if enough people accuse you of something then it is probably true. Kovalev has had a lot of hate on here though. I have seen a lot of posters talk about how much they dislike him. And this thread isn’t “still going strong.” It only started up again because Broner did something. If Kovalev does something again then his thread will open back up.

Taylor’s thing isn’t near the same level as the other two. Saying something racist isn’t good but isn’t near as bad as actually physically harming someone. Again, if this turns into a regular thing then that thread will keep on going too.

You see what you want to see. And we can all have good guessing on what’s going to happen. Guessing that Taylor won’t get as much hate as Broner was an easy guess. That’s not be of racism but because one was an isolated incident while the other is a normal thing.

I could predict who would not just not get mad at Taylor but defend him. Defend him! You know you are being obtrusive. Notice you don’t see me defending Broner. Again, before it came up I could tell you who would DEFEND what Taylor did. You could too, and you know you could. And you aren’t admitting what you know so you are part of the problem. Letting people get away with what we both know is going on, no wait, you defended what we both know is going on because you denied it is about race. And you know with some it is about race, that’s how we could predict who would defend him. Or we’re just good guessers, every time, coincidentally
    I think you see what you want to. You are the only one that sees it here. Nobody else does. When you are so gung-ho about something you hyper focus so much that everything is about what you are focused on even if not true. If multiple people were agreeing with you and I didn’t see it then I would be more inclined to inspect it further.

As I’ve said before though, you come across as very angry, vengeful, and mean. Everybody basically agrees. That doesn’t mean that we can’t talk boxing. I actually respect your takes. I’m just saying that it’s tough to change people if you yourself seem hateful. So on the surface you seem to be what you hate which is someone who hates. Maybe it’s not true if I met you in real life but maybe what you perceive online isn’t true about the other posters either. So if you assume that these other posters are racist because of what you see of them on a message board, then we have no choice to assume the worst about you either.

Again, I can still talk boxing with whoever. I just think that things may be different if you met these people in real life. And if not, practically, you preaching to them every chance you get and putting them down will not change them. It will only make it worse.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Punch Power
    Cool Clicks

Default Re: Adrien Broner ARRESTED on Christmas Eve-Eve!

I still don't see what the issue is with Ron Swanson. Seems okay to me.

Thread Information